Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Discussion & Add'l INFO on GNOMEO & JULIET
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of GNOMEO & JULIET

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Lisa_Morris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of GNOMEO & JULIET
    Posted: May 04 2011 at 10:42pm
What a joke. It made me laugh and roll on the floor. Nice one!
lancelopez View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote lancelopez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2011 at 2:34am
I've seen this movie.. It was bad! I didn't like it. It's like an old cartoon movie.
applesold View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote applesold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2011 at 9:58am
I actually liked the little things here and there that were based off the original Romeo & Juliet -- They made some of them subtle, which I liked. A lot of people might not even have noticed some of the hints of Shakespeare.
alexaf View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote alexaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2011 at 9:37am
My six year old gave this a big thumbs down -- She found the hallway outside the movie theater more entertaining!  
Areyouserious? View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Areyouserious? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 8:13pm
I watched Gnomeo and Juliet at my dentists office. I met an eleven year old more eager to go through on e of the most unpleasant part of adolescent, braces, than watch anymore of this movie.
I will be famous:) Till then I'll prove how ridiculous hollywood is.
terrysp View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote terrysp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2011 at 6:50am
This movie is more of a love story, and yet it is a cartoon / animated. *weird plot*

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2011 at 1:10pm
Time to review another one. I almost didn't review this because of how forgettable it was. But, it's my duty.

The good:

Patrick Stewart as William Shakespeare: Stewart is easily the best part of the movie. He's hilarious as the bard.

The bad:

The voice acting from everyone that isn't Patrick Stewart: Picking out one person out of the mis-cast voice cast is nigh impossible. They're all too bland to pick out one in terms of badness.

The WTF casting: All the casting is surreal. Michael Caine as Juliet's dad and Ozzy Osbourne as a fawn are weird choices, but the winner in terms of WTF-ness is Jason Statham as the villainous gnome Tybalt. What's the best action star of the past decade doing here?

The ugly:

Mankini Gnome: Seriously, why was this in the movie? What was the point of a gnome in a mankini? He scared my niece.

Well that's my review of a very forgettable movie. There's not much more to say. If the review seems empty, it's because it's so forgettable. It's so forgettable, that I'm running of things to say. Grade: C+

Next-up: Green Lantern
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2011 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

...but the winner in terms of WTF-ness is Jason Statham as the villainous gnome Tybalt. What's the best action star of the past decade doing here?
Eventually,action stars have to make fun of themselves in kiddie movies.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 2:51pm
I just saw it and gave it 6/10.

Fun fact about the names:in spanish,ROMEO is spelled the same but pronounced differently.Here,it's pronounced the same way as in english,because otherwise,we would accidentally say "I don't pee".
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 6:41pm
Every studio seems to want that Best Animated Feature Oscar, but let's face it, only Pixar or Dreamworks are going to get it when these kinds of movies keep getting made.
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
pheromore View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote pheromore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2011 at 4:26pm
I s-o-o-o-o-o-o-o love this movie!! I like this romantic version rather than the Romeo and Juliet of

Shakespeare. Clap  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: So, you're the one!  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2013 at 5:29pm
You know what's worse than your PC breaking down? That you take it to have it fixed and the technician insists on doing additional stuff, even if you say "No". Luckily, mine's finally fixed.

On this episodes, I compare this movie to other ROMEO & JULIET adaptations (skip to 07:16):

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12