Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > HANGOVER III
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Forum Members' Discussion of HANGOVER: 3...AUDS: 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of HANGOVER: 3...AUDS: 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of HANGOVER: 3...AUDS: 1
    Posted: May 14 2013 at 3:52pm

YES, the FIRST HANGOVER WAS BERRY FUNNY...

BUT the SECOND INSTALLMENT SUCKED BADLY ENOUGH to EARN MULTIPLE RAZZIE NOMINATIONS... 

...and the BERRY IDEA of IGNORING the FACT THAT 93% of the EARTH's MOVIE-GOERS HATED THAT SECOND FILM (and HAVING the BALLS to GO AHEAD and MAKE a THIRD ONE!)?

WELL, THAT KIND of "BALLED-FACED," MONEY-GRABBING GALL...

IS EXACTLY WHAT the RAZZIES® EXIST to DIS-HONOR and DISCOURAGE! 

SO FEEL FREE to EXPRESS HOW DIS-APPOINTED, DIS-GUSTED and DIS-INCLINED YOU ARE to SUPPORT a THIRD HELPING of SLOP from THESE FILM-MAKERS! 

WANNA GATHER SOME AMMO BEFOERE YOU POST?  HERE's a LINK to CHECK OUT the FORUM INFO PAGE on THIS FILM...

...IF YOU WANT a LAUGH to CURB YOUR OUTRAGE, HERE's the LINK to SEE the FOTO FUNNY for HANGOVER III... 

...AND, JUST for KICKS, HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT the "PRESCIENT" FOTO FUNNY HEAD-RAZZ DID for HANGOVER II... 

* P.S. Thanks to Oiram for Providing the YouTube/Trailer LINK Above... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 5:57pm
I was thinking of asking you about posting this forum early, but I figured you would say it was too early. Guess I was wrong. 

Even though the trailers tries its best to show "We're not recycling the story this time," it still has the problem of being to big for its own good. Apparently, Mr. Chow is secretly a spy or something, because he is getting chased down, but that is just a stupid direction to go in.

Plus, this really fees like a movie that should have stayed one movie. There was no need to "expand the universe" as it were.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 6:20pm
In addition to this, I will keep an eye on FAST &FURIOUS 6's Tomato-Meter rating, and will alert you if it goes way down...  
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 6:23pm
Wow! This is really early. But it's OK, in case FAST & FURIOUS PART 6 gets bad reviews.

Here's my prediction for the movie (skip to 05:48):

What I didn't mention is that I don't know whether the plot not including the characters drinking all night (and therefore having a hangover) is good or bad. I mean, they definately read reviews and realize that re-using the plot wasn't what the people really wanted. But then it would be too different. The answer is obviously to not make another installment, but the filmmakers can't see that because dollar signs in their eyes are blocking their sight.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 2:30am
I am open to Sequels. Yes, sequels have a bad reputation (Indiana Jones 4) but of course, some sequels can be good (Back to the Future trilogy). But you have to know when to stop! 

The first Hangover film didn't even need a sequel, let alone a 3rd film. The original Hangover was a hit, and a lot of people loved it. But it's not like those characters or that story demanded a sequel. The Hangover film series is now a beaten dead horse, because the studio that releases the films thinks it will bring in a lot of money by using the name "Hangover." The Fast and Furious horse has also been beaten to a bloody pulp, with six films (and the same crap happening over and over again). It's ridiculous! To me, making a sequel just for the hell of it (with no real purpose or story) is just a lazy way for film studios to make money.
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 3:50am
Well, we got Fast Five out of that series. Many critics loved it.
Originally posted by moviecritic1994

The Fast and Furious horse has been beaten to a bloody pulp with six films and the same crap happens over and over again. It's ridiculous, to me making a sequel just for the hell of it with no real purpose or story is a lazy way for film studios to make money.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 6:42am
So it took them four horrible films to make a decent one?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 3:32am
Okay, in case some people don't know, Melissa McCarthy is in this movie as a love interest for Zach Galifiankis's character. She has one more movie coming out this year, The Heat, where she co-stars with Sandra Bullock. If that movie is badly received too, I think Melissa should be nominated as Worst Actress for this film, Heat, and Identity Thief.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 1:18pm
The R.T. rating has started off at 30%, which I believe is the same one the 2nd installment received. 
Originally posted by oiram

Okay, in case some people don't know, Melissa McCarthy is in this movie as a love interest for Zach Galifiankis's character. She has one more movie coming out this year, The Heat, where she co-stars with Sandra Bullock. If that movie is badly received too, I think Melissa should be nominated as Worst Actress for this film, Heat, and Identity Thief.
Unless her performance in this movie is incredibly bad. Then, she'd get a Worst Supp. Actress nod for this movie and a Worst Actress nod for those other 2 movies.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 1:40pm
McCarthy's Next film "The Heat" actually looks pretty good. Kind of a female version of "21 Jump Street". I could be totally wrong about the movie, and I am open to being wrong. But at the same time, Melissa McCarthy and Sandra Bullock seem like the "Dream Team" of Comedy. So I hope the movie does well...but of course, if it's awful, I won't deny it. 

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 3:37pm
Woo-boy!

Starting off at 27%. Did we call a stink bomb or what?

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2013 at 5:42pm
The R.T. consensus reads "Less a comedy than an angrily dark action thriller, the film diverges from the second installment's rote formula... but offers nothing compelling to replace it, lacking even enough madcap energy to compensate for its lazily constructed story-line." 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2013 at 6:27pm
So do you think that Hangover 3 can officially be considered "one of ours"??
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2013 at 9:15pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I'd say it's a definite for our 34th Annual Nominating Ballot as Worst Remake/Rip-Off/Sequel -- Since it technically qualifies as all three...
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2013 at 9:39pm
I haven't seen the film yet but hope to soon. Have you seen it Head Razz?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 3:16am
Wait a minute, HeadRazz. The trailers for the movie make it clear it's more of a thriller/heist type of thing, AND there is NO actual Hangover this time. Therefore, I'd argue we cannot call this a rip-off of the first movie again (Unless you think it is ripping-off something else. If that's the case, please explain)...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>