Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > NEED FOR SPEED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of NEED FOR SPEED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of NEED FOR SPEED
    Posted: March 12 2014 at 5:52pm
Vits is supposed to do that.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2014 at 1:39am
I got back from seeing this. I have 2 different perspectives of what I thought of the film. 

From the perspective of a Need for Speed fan, I found it better than some of the recent games and dare I say it, this is what Need for Speed: Rivals should have been like to begin with. The script and dialogue are what I expected from the older games and I felt the film was nicely paced. The action was solid and well-handled.

From the perspective of a Razzie forum member, obviously the script could use some major "tune-ups" (Sorry, I felt like making that joke) and the acting I felt was alright and hilariously bad at the same time but it was expected from a video-game adaptation. The only nominations I would give are Worst Screenplay and Worst Supporting Actor for Dominic Cooper or Scott Mescudi.

NFS Fan Rating: 8/10
Razzie Forum Member Rating: 4/10

When you see or if you've seen the film already, what did you guys think? Who and what should or shouldn't be nominated for?
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2014 at 8:09pm
Who I think deserves to get nominations: 

Worst Picture. 

Worst Actor: Aaron Paul. There were a few scenes where he was convincing. However most of the time he barely showed significant emotions. He was quite tedious for most of the movie. 

Worst Supporting Actress: Dakota Johnson. Just like Aaron Paul her performance was insipid. 
Imogen Poots. Just like Dakota Johnson she did little to be convincing. 

Worst Supporting Actor: Michael Keaton. A commentator is supposed to have some sort of characteristic that appeals to a large audience. Michael Keaton failed in being an appealing commentator. 

Worst Director: Scott Waugh. It is obvious that all he did was sit/stand behind the sets and then hastefully stitch the scenes together. 

Worst Screenplay: George Gatins. In addition to the screenplay consisting of dull dialogue the story's twists and turns are too preposterous to be overlooked. 

Worst Screen Combination: Aaron Paul and Imogen Poots. There is little on-screen chemistry between them. This is because of the dull performances of Paul and Poots. 

Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2014 at 3:22am
Why not Dominic Cooper, who is one of the blandest villains on film, or Scott "Kid Cudi" Mescudi, one of the most annoying Deus Ex Machinas ever?!
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Doppy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Doppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 12:36am
Should we nominate all the fast cars of the film in the "worst supporting actress" category?
In my opinion they deserve this, seriously.
I am Doppiatore Matto, italian Moviegoer
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 5:24am
Maybe as Worst Screen Combo.

Doppy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Doppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 8:27am
Originally posted by oiram

Maybe as Worst Screen Combo.

It could be a solution Wink
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 9:16am
Yeah, because how do we know a car's gender?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Doppy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Doppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Vits

Yeah, because how do we know a car's gender?

Simple, if you remember the protagonists call their cars with female  "nicknames" , that's where the idea has sprung! 

I could also mention the Deep Purple : "nobody gonna steal my car, [...] she's a highway star" .
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2014 at 8:31pm
I just saw it. For your consideration: Worst Screenplay. Oh, and maybe Worst Director and Worst Picture. But not:
-Worst Actor for Aaron Paul.
-Worst Actress (or Supp. Actress?) for Imogen Poots.
-Worst Supp. Actor for Michael Keaton (neither for ROBOCOP).
-Worst Screen Combo for Paul and Poots (that sounds kind of funny, right?).
-Worst Screen Ensemble.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2014 at 9:22am
I forgot one category: Worst Reckless Disregard for Human Life and Public Property. Seriously, several unseen characters probably died because of the street racing.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2014 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Vits

I forgot one category: Worst Reckless Disregard for Human Life and Public Property. Seriously, several unseen characters probably died because of the street racing.

Might I also suggest another category:

The Craig Sullivan* Award for Worst, Most Obnoxious Use of Criterion Drifting, Crashing and Jumps in an Action Film

*If you're still wondering who the hell he is, the link below will explain why.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12