Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > PEEPLES (Presented by Tyler Perry)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of PEEPLES

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of PEEPLES
    Posted: May 12 2013 at 12:09pm

IF ANY TYLER PERRY MOVIE MAKES IT onto THIS YEAR's RAZZIE
® NOMINATING BALLOT (and the ODDS ARE PRETTY HIGH THAT at LEAST ONE of 'EM WILL) LET's BE FRANK -- IT's NOT LIKELY to BE THIS ONE. 

THIS LOOKS PLENTY LAME ENOUGH to BE a CONTENDER, BUT the FACT THAT IT WASN'T WRITTEN or DIRECTED by PERRY (and DOESN'T STAR HIM, EITHER) IS ACTUALLY a DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD. AS WE ALL KNOW (and CRINGING:LY ANTICIPATE) PERRY WILL PROBABLY HAVE a HALF DOZEN MORE MOVIES of HIS OWN VOMITED into THEATRES BEFORE YEAR's END, ALL of 'EM LIKELY to ECLIPSE THIS FILM. 

BUT, as ESSENTIALLY an AFRICAN AMERICAN REMAKE (RIP-OFF) of THE FOCKER FILMS, THIS ONE HAS PLENTY of RAZZIE® POTENTIAL ALL on ITS OWN, SO WE'RE GIVING FORUM MEMBERS a CHANCE to FEAST ON ITS BONES WHILE AWAITING the BIGGER, JUICIER RAZZIE® TITLES of SUMMER 2013. 

GO AHEAD, GET OUT YOUR KNIVES and FORKS and GET READY to CARBE a SLICE of PEEPLES!  

TO PROVIDE INFO for YOUR POSTS, HERE's a LINK to OUR FORUM INFO PAGE on THIS FILM...

....and, JUST for FUN, HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT the FOTO FUNNY for PEEPLES...

AZ ALWAZE...

ENJOY! 

* P.S. Thanks to Oiram for Providing the YouTube/Trailer LINK Above... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 2:32pm
It also seems to rip-off GUESS WHO, which was already a remake on its own.

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

ESSENTIALLY an AFRICAN AMERICAN REMAKE (RIP-OFF) of THE FOCKER FILMS

R.T. (35-40%): "A warm, amiable farce that offers a few chuckles but mostly falls back on predictable plotting and an overwrought message."  

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 2:33pm
Well, like I've said elsewhere, I feel like this film should only really be a contender for Worst Remake and/or Rip-off. It's not so horrible (or so interestingly bad) that it's likely to be nominated across the board, but I guess it is bad enough to elicit "some" Forum attention.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 9:16am
Wow... Peeples has opened in 4th place??? Granted, the film's promotions were nothing like The Great Gatsby's. I think I saw like only 1 or 2 TV Spots for it. When I see a lack of promotion from any film, I get the feeling the studio executives really have no faith in their own picture. This lack of faith usually ends with a very low opening weekend and this film could be a really big Box Office BOMB.

As for Razzie consideration, I agree with Oriam when he says it might win Worst Rip off but not much else. We might even forget about this movie by the time ballots are sent out.
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
 Post Reply Post Reply