Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > DISCUSSION & ADD'L INFO on SCREAM 4
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of SCREAM 4...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of SCREAM 4...
    Posted: April 08 2011 at 11:21am
DON'T BE SCARED...GO AHEAD and SCREAM YOUR DISAPPROVAL BELOW...  

AND for the MORBIDLY CURIOUS, HERE's the LINK to READ the OFFICIAL "YE OLDE HEAD RAZZ-BERRY"' TAKE on SCREAM 4...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2011 at 11:38am
Whoa! This got a forum a week before its release?! Guess it will be next week's WMOTW no doubts whatsoever.  

To me, SCREAM was so great that it was a landmark, and SCREAM 2 was even better. But SCREAM 3 ended up becoming what the franchise spoofed. So they think a 4th installent 10 years later won't be pushing their luck?

I understand that the trilogy saved this genre and made it hip again, and now that the genre is worse than ever, this movie may save it again. But is that an excuse to make yet another trilogy? Because I hear that's what they're planning. 

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

WITH a CAST of USED-to-BEs, AREN'T-ANYMORES and HAVEN'T-WORKED-MUCH-SINCE-SCREAM-3 TYPES, SCREAM 4 MAY BE the SINGLE MOST UN-NECESSARY, UN-WELCOME and UN-DERWHELMING SEQUEL of 2011...

Come on!Courtney's career has been much better than David Arquette's.Yes,I know he's COUGAR TOWN's producer.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2011 at 12:55pm
Most of the original cast's careers haven't been shining a lot lately.And new chararters will be played by Anthony Anderson,Adam Brody,Rory Colkin,Marley Shelton,Emma Roberts,Hayden Panettiere,Alison Brie,Shenae Grimes,Kristen Bell,Anna Paquin and Lucy Hale.I really don't know what to think of this.

Last time Wes Craven made a movie,critics said he should've remained away for a little longer...and that was last year!

Since THE VAMPIRE DIARIES is better than DAWSON'S CREEK so far,writer Kevin Williamson may be someone who gets better with time.Besides,everyone thinks his success is because of the dialogue he writes,but it's actually when he writes horror fiction,like TEACHING MRS. TINGLE.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2011 at 1:41pm
Vits, Do you really think Scream 2 was better than Scream?

I found both Scream 2 and 3 extremelly awfull.
I did however liked the first Scream.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2011 at 2:09pm

Scream 4 (w)o matsuno ga muzukashii desu.

...because this will either be hit or miss in the reviews. I hope it'll miss because then it'll be worthy of RAZZIES.

Apparently, Scream 3 was released in February of 2000. It got mixed reviews, which is probably why it wasn't considered for the RAZZIES.

And you already have a forum for Scary Movie 4 (2006).
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2011 at 2:28pm
I saw the SCREAM trilogy back-to-back a long time ago and I barely remember.I was quoting the rest of the world. 

Originally posted by Vheid

Vits, Do you really think Scream 2 was better than Scream?

Yeah.SCARY MOVIE was SCREAM's working title,and that's the reason why the spoof was named that way. So it's weird it says SCARY MOVIE 4 here.  

Originally posted by GTAHater767

And you already have a forum for Scary Movie 4(2006).
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2011 at 7:46pm

Soo desu ne... so the target audience was in training pants in February of 2000. Are you suggesting most boys born in the last quarter of 1996 of being the target audience? That would make them 14 today, and I know a few of those kids as distant underclassmen. Where I live, they look like they were born in 2002 as well!

If I ever paid to see Scream 4, there would only be more movies of a similar nature in the near future, and because I'm hoping for better movies one year or another, I won't buy a ticket.

By the way, I forgot what a rim shot is.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2011 at 9:25pm
I would hope the target audience would be people who were TEENAGERS back in 2000, because I really hope Hollywood is not making horror movies to appeal to newborn babies (talk about de-sensitizing them from violence as soon as possible!). Question is, will those now 23-28 year olds feel nostalgic enough to see this un-demanded sequel? I don't think so!  

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2011 at 11:32pm
Deary me, Wes Craven, you really have NOT learned your lesson after 'My Soul to Take' (though that statement could prove wrong if Rotten Tomatoes gives this a good rating).  
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2011 at 5:22am
As if sequels weren't made rapidly enough, a "Scary Movie 5" is in the works! 

Remember when a movie series never went past 3 installments? I miss those days!  

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2011 at 1:10pm
What are you talking about?! I've been waiting for 5 years!
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2011 at 1:35pm
I only know that it was greenlit a few months after "Scary Movie 4" was a success at the box office, and that it is in pre-production.  

Originally posted by Vits

Originally posted by Michaels

As if sequels weren't made rapidly enough, a "Scary Movie 5" is in the works!
What are you talking about?!I've been waiting for 5 years! 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2011 at 3:37pm
Angry What's taking so long?!
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2011 at 6:21pm
Wait, you WANT another one be made?! I think, thanks to the efforts of Seltzerberg, studios are not as quick to make spoof or parody movies.  

Angry What's taking so long?!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2011 at 4:21pm
Seltzerberg aren't half as talented as them.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2011 at 7:13pm
Yeah, but Hollywood goes by trends, not by talent. If parody movies aren't doing well, they stop making parody movies -- no matter what talent is behind the camera.  

Seltzerberg aren't half as talented as them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>