Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > DISCUSSION & ADD'L INFO on SCREAM 4
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of SCREAM 4...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of SCREAM 4...
    Posted: April 11 2011 at 5:15am
Ah, Scream. What an over-rated experience!  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2011 at 5:54am
Where's Mel Brooks when you need him?  

Originally posted by Michaels

Originally posted by Vits

Seltzerberg aren't half as talented as them.
Yeah, but Hollywood goes by trends, not by talent. If parody movies aren't doing well, they stop making parody movies, no matter what talent is behind the camera.

Pictures move, do they?
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2011 at 7:04am
At this moment? Making a new movie. That's where Mel Brooks is...  

You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2011 at 9:57am
"Scream 4 may be the single most unnecessary, unwelcome and underwhelming sequel of 2011."

That's saying a lot, especially with Transformers 3, Twilight 4, and Alvin 3 on the horizon. Big Momma's House 3 also has a shot at that title.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2011 at 11:12am
So the remake of YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN as a musical is happening?  

Originally posted by Film Reel Redemption

At this moment? Making a new movie. That's where Mel Brooks is...

But BREAKING DAWN and DARK OF THE MOON(that title is bad I don't even care if I wrote it correctly)are necessary, because their stories aren't over.

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

"Scream 4 may be the single most unnecessary, unwelcome and underwhelming sequel of 2011."

That's saying a lot, especially with Transformers 3, Twilight 4, and Alvin 3 on the horizon. Big Momma's House 3 also has a shot at that title.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2011 at 11:41am
True, but at least those sequels are to recent movies, whereas the last installment of "Scary Movie" was over a decade ago -- and its story had closure!  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2011 at 12:38pm
It's called trying (keyword: trying) to bring new life into a tiresome series by infusing it with young and popular stars.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2011 at 1:05am
Michaels, I even suspect that they may kill off the main cast from the previous movies, so that they can start all over with the new characters. If that's the case, it could be a subtle "reboot" of the franchise...  
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 5:51pm
Last time I checked RT, this has a 61%. This could be the good-early-reviews-before-the-flurry-of-bad-ones, but I'm not sure if this is one of ours. Also, Atlas Shrugged has a 0%.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 6:08pm
Schumacherh8ter, i think Atlas Shrugged is to obscure to get a forum.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Last time I checked RT, this has a 61%. This could be the good-early-reviews-before-the-flurry-of-bad-ones.
90% of the time, that's usually the case.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 8:27pm
The Nutcracker In 3D got a forum and that played in 115 theaters. From what I've read, Atlas Shrugged is going to be in 298 theaters. Just saying. Also, to keep on target, Scream 4 has fallen to a 59, not very good, but not quite one of ours.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Sman View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2011 at 5:15pm
It can't be that bad it has a 62 on RT. Just because it looks D.O.A in your opinion doesn't mean it'll suck. If this gets a Razzie it'll be a shock.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2011 at 5:56pm
R.T. gave it 64%:"The franchise is showing its age,but the film is undeniably an improvement over its predecessor,with just enough meta humor and clever kills".

Roger Ebert gave it **/****:"The actors do what they can in a film that doesn't care about human insights.The characters are almost preternatural in their detachment;if you were embedded in events like these,wouldn't you be paralyzed with panic?".

Richard Roeper gave it a B+:"Bloody entertaining".
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2011 at 8:57am
Just saw it. It was very silly but hell of a lot better than the previous Scream-movie.
It's weakness is that it has a lot of characters and little character develpment.

I want to suggest Emma Roberts for the Worst Supporting Actress-ballot.
*spoiler*
She is the killer. First of she stabs Sidney "to dead" without checking her pulse (which is plain dumb writing) and then you see 3 minutes of her cutting herself, stabbing herself and walking in to walls (so that she looks like the soul survivor) this looks extremely silly and is worth a Razzie-mention.
*end of spoiler*

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2011 at 12:14pm
Haha, "Rio" made twice the money than this movie did! Moral of the story: don't make 4th installments to movie series a decade after the last installment. Wes Craven's career continues to go down the toilet.
PS: As for Emma Roberts, I'm sure her father, Eric, is proud of her for starring in such schlock, much like her dear old dad often does!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>