Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l INFO on SPY KIDS 4
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of SPY KIDS 4-D...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of SPY KIDS 4-D...
    Posted: August 17 2011 at 3:20pm
DID THEY MEAN 4-D...or 4-F???  

HERE's WHERE to FILL UP YER SQUIRT GUNz with NUCLEAR FISSION RUN-OFF and UNLOAD ALL OVER SPY KIDS 4-D: ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD

AND HERE's the LINK to GO to READ YE OLDE HEAD RAZZberry's "OFFICIAL TAKE" on the FILM...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 3:33pm
Would love it if either this movie, Scream 4, Hoodwinked 2, Apollo 18, I Don't Know How She Does It, Piranha 3DD, So Undercover or Madonna's W.E. somehow got nominated for Worst Picture...  

Just because the idea of Harvey Weinstein becoming a Razzie-nominee puts a smile on my face!  
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 3:52pm
So to you, Vheid, it's all about the Weinstein company this year? Out of those, you should focus your efforts on Hood vs. Evil. Everybody spat on that one. 

Scream 4 got average reviews (rather than negative), and the other 6 haven't been released yet, so I don't know how the reviews will be anymore after what happened with Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Final Dest. 5. If All the Time in the World 4-D gets negative reviews as well, then you'll get to decide between it and Hood vs. Evil.

The first review on Rotten T is negative, which is a good sign for us. I hope more reviews come in as negative because the stars of the original Spy Kids trilogy are too old to reprise their roles. Add in the "Aroma-Scope," the 4th installment factor, and Robert Rodriguez's record with films for children under 15, and maybe we finally have another contender!!  
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 3:58pm
I won't vote for them if I don't think them truly Razzie-worthy...  

But would like to see the Weinstein Company get a Razzie-nod one of these days (doesn't have to be this year).... Mainly because they managed to avoid this for all of these years... and because their company is run by the producer with the most undeserved Oscars to his name...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 4:10pm
You might've wondered why I was so happy to see Vampires Suck get nominated for Worst Picture in 2010, without winning. Before I forget to tell anyone again, I treat the runners-up as equally important to the winners. If I think a nominee didn't deserve it, I object. (Half of the 2010 RAZZIE finalists!) If I think there was something worse that should've been nominated in its stead, I object. (2009 is the most egregious one.) If they get most of the nominees right, but pick the wrong winner, I object (2008's Worst PSRR should've been The Day the Earth Stood Still [remake]... you know, "The day the Earth blowed up real good"?!)

Also, there are some typos. Somewhere it says "2001's most unwelcome sequel" instead of "2011's..."

Also, what does the double bond mean in CHAM=PEEN?  

Originally posted by Vheid

I won't vote for them if I don't think them worthy...

But would like to see the Weinstein Company get a Razzie-nod one of these days (doesn't have to be this year).... Mainly because they managed to avoid this for all of these years... and because it's run by the producer with the most undeserved Oscars on his name...

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 4:16pm
Disney isn't reviving this franchise... The Weinstein Company is... It seem that Harvey and Bob Weinstein took the rights of the several franchises they owned (Scream, Scary Movie, Spy Kids) with them, when they left Miramax and started TWC.... However their company was doing badly in recent years and was nearly bankrupt... As I understood a bank (or something) bought (or hired, or loaned, or something) the company and lended it money if they promised that their films made a surden amount of cash and that a surden number of their films won the Best Picture-oscar (The latter mainly thanks to Harvey's reputation) within a surden time period... So, desperate for money... The brothers are now reviving all their old (long dead) franchises.... So... Don't be suprised if From Dusk Till Dawn 4 is anounced one of these days...

I read an article about this a while back (could be last year)... explaining it very clearly... But I can't seem to find it now...

Edit: HeadRAZZ... I see you made some changes in your Official Razzie Take to reflect what I said above... 

Thank you for listening...   

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

WHY on EARTH DIZZ-KNEE FELT COMPELLED to REVIVE THIS  LONG (and DESERVEDLY) DEAD FRANCHISE -- IN WHAT THEY'RE CALLING 'AROMA-SCOPE' YET -- IS a MYSTERY for the AGES. 

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 10:57pm
Old Robbie-Rod likes to lecture about using cheap filmmaking tricks to keep his movies under budget. When it comes to "Spy Kids", he really shouldn't use those little tricks, because it really makes the movie look like cheap ... in a less than $1 million budget way.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 11:35pm
Although what Michaels says is true, it doesn't distract from the other films he's made, and I'm not just saying that because I attend the same university where "Old Robbie-Rod" went to college. 

I love the fact that he does a lot with little money. It shows up-and-coming filmmakers that you don't need a $100 million budget to do the things big budget Hollywood films do.  

Originally posted by Michaels

Old Robbie-Rod likes to lecture about using cheap filmmaking tricks to keep his movies under budget. When it comes to "Spy Kids", he really shouldn't use those little tricks, because it really makes the movie look like cheap ... in a less than $1 million budget way.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 12:13am
So Fright Night was passed up because it was reportedly good? 

I'm thinking of doing a member-started forum for Conan, because it reads 38% on Metacritic and Rotten on R.T.   

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: If the RT numbers on CONAN continue to plummet (LINK) it may get an Official Forum (and be our Bonus Worst of the Weak pick) before the weekend's over. In other words, posting a Member Started Forum on it at this time would likely be be redundant rather than helpful... 

"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 9:25am
No... Don't, because... 

a) It already has a Member Started forum...  

b) The HeadRAZZ already sort of anounced that he was making it a bonus worst movie of the week... So he might make a forum of his own...  

Originally posted by jesse685

So Fright Night has passed us because it was respectively good. I'm thinking of doing a member-started forum for Conan, because it reads 38% on Metacritic and Rotten on R.T.
orly1971 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote orly1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 9:43am
This new Spy Kids has the gimmick of "Aroma-Scope," those scratch-and-sniff cards. But I bet it's still gonna smell like sh*t.
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 9:49am
Although it may sound like I'm saying something positive about this film, putting down the first two Spy Kids movies is kinda ridicolous, because they were critically acclaimed.   

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I am unaware of anyone "putting down" the first two SPY KIDS movies -- In fact, my "Official RAZZIE® Take" on this film (LINK) opens with an acknowledgement that the first two SPY KIDS movies were actually quite good...  

whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 12:43pm
It just seems people put down the franchise as a whole. Don't these people realize that these movies made more money than Sin City? 

As for this one's box office, it could be bad or good. I think it'll do fine (anyone remember the Smurfs?). I doubt it's budget  is all that high (The first 3 Spy Kids had budgets of 38 million). So I could see it being profitable in the long run. Enough for the studio to convince themselves to do another one. Not that I care!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 1:15pm
I'm sure there are people who put down the entire  saga like Whatsthepoint says.There are some sequels so bad they make you forget why you liked the previous one in the first place,and that's what happened to a lot of people who hated the 3rd one of these.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 2:05pm
Spy Kids 1 received an Honorable Mention on my Best Films of 2001. The production quality was good, but it wasn't even among the 40 best films of the year. No-one I knew in person ever spoke of it. When Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams got released, I forgot the trailer in less than a month; I never was interested in seeing any of them. On the complete list of eligible 2003 titles (Google search parameters: 2003 RAZZIE eligible titles), I saw about 40 titles written in CAPS LOCK. I believe Spy Kids 3D: Game Over (I've grown to expect that with Sylvester Stallone films) was among them. The current Rotten T rating is 44%, which is poor, but I'd expect it would be lower, because I doubt I've ever heard anyone praise it.

Despite not having any reviews on Metacritic, the calendar's down to 1 day before release, and All the Time in the World is losing 0 to 3 at Rotten T.
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 7:16pm
I knew this film would bomb. I mean, the first two films were good, but the third one was kinda mediocre.
Pictures move, do they?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>