Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > DISCUSSION & Add'l INFO on SUCKER PUNCH
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of SUCKER PUNCH...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of SUCKER PUNCH...
    Posted: April 07 2011 at 1:54pm
I can't answer because...
Originally posted by Vits

I haven't seen this movie yet
I was talking about movies in general.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
lyzaard View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote lyzaard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2011 at 2:00pm
For those of you who've seen the film, there's some really good commentary on 'Sucker Punch' here:

Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2011 at 5:51am
Ah, I'd rather see the RiffTrax version of Sucker Punch when it comes out...  

Originally posted by lyzaard

For those of you who've seen the film, there's some really good commentary on 'Sucker Punch' here:

Pictures move, do they?
lyzaard View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote lyzaard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2011 at 9:25am
I've enjoyed reading all the posts here...but I beg to differ with most of 'em... 

I really loved SUCKER PUNCH, and I wrote up an article defending it (it's me vs. movie critic Nick Allen), please check it out here, if you're interested:

Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2011 at 8:44am
Oh heck, moviewizguy has really left behind an unwanted legacy hasn't he? (about the above comment)
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2011 at 1:20pm
Well, MWG did blindly (and lamely) defend ... every ... single ... movie ... listed in this forum.

Originally posted by Film Reel Redemption

Oh heck, moviewizguy has really left behind an unwanted legacy hasn't he? (about the above comment)
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2011 at 11:36pm
That as well. It just seems that in the case of the comment by lyzzard that moviegoers have become so manipulated by the bad stuff Hollywood churns out that they start to ignorantly believe that they know better than the professional film critics and film students (of which I am one).
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2011 at 10:52am
The only people I think I know about films better than are those people who say anything by Uwe "Toilet Boll" Boll or Seltzerberg is a good movie. Alas, my specialty is films released in the new millennium (since 1-01-2000). I only know a little about films released in 1969 and before, so I should've been more respecting of film students.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2011 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

The only people I think I know about films better than are those people who say anything by Uwe "Toilet Boll" Boll or Seltzerberg is a good movie.
Then I seriously question of these people actually know what the meaning of the term "good" is.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
mars5846 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote mars5846 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2011 at 1:26pm
Nothing much about the movie. The story line was crappy and full of BS, the only thing that you can appreciate is the CGI but it doesn't mean that it was a good movie. No!! It wasn't even a good movie! And Zack would be the one directing the Superman reboot?? WTH!! Another movie to destroy. Good thing Chris Nolan would supervise the movie too. Love how he made the "Dark Knight". I hope he can control Zack's crazy antics.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2011 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Film Reel Redemption

Why are you guys still talking about me? I guess I'm really popular here, huh? Wink Does this mean I can come back to the forums? Big smile
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2011 at 5:40am
Originally posted by moviewizguy

Why are you guys still talking about me? I guess I'm really popular here, huh? Wink Does this mean I can come back to the forums? Big smile
Yeah, it's called a "running gag".
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2011 at 3:23pm
Clap
I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 12:23pm

Does this mean I can come back to the forums? Big smile
Who said you couldn't?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Vheid

Just out of curiousity, Seeing that this is a failed big budget project directed by a director with name fame could this be one of the films that may find it's way onto the final ballot.
I would think so. According to Box Office Mojo, it's been in theaters for two months now, and it STILL hasn't made it's budget back. But of course, I'm sure Hollywood will do their version of math in which the worldwide gross will count as it being a success in their minds. Ah, denial is a powerful thing!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Vits

Does this mean I can come back to the forums? Big smile
Who said you couldn't?
If I had my way ... me, that's who. But hey, we can all use a good laugh, and that's what MWG's reviews are good for!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>