Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > DISCUSSION & Add'l INFO on SUCKER PUNCH
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of SUCKER PUNCH...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of SUCKER PUNCH...
    Posted: April 05 2011 at 8:54am
No, it's just the ability that was infamously linked to that catchphrase.

However, you could always turn into a blonde haired, long legged, skirt wearing, sword wielding valkyrie, if you like!
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2011 at 1:02pm
Lol, Don't threaten me with a good time! LOL
I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2011 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Mayhem5185

Lol, Don't threaten me with a good time! LOL
Well, that's what you get for recklessly throwing around iconic '80s cartoons' catchphrases.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2011 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Michaels

Well, that's what you get for recklessly throwing around iconic '80s cartoons' catchphrases.

IT'S BECAUSE THAT'S ALL I KNOW!!! 

Okay, just so i don't creep out the entire forum lets get back to the topic at hand... BLONDE HAIRED, LONG LEGGED, SKIRT WEARING, SWORD WEILDING VALKYRIE'S! 

And, on a completely unrelated note, has anybody seen this trainwreck of a movie yet?

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2011 at 11:49pm
I have...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2011 at 9:29am
I haven't, but it makes me think Zach Snyder shouldn't direct the next SUPERMAN. Not because he's bad or anything, but because his specialty is creating the most impresive visuals. SUPERMAN may be a superhero, but the film doesn't require that. 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2011 at 12:08pm
To be honoust, Vits, I think they're shouldn't be another Superman movie...  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2011 at 12:46pm
But didn't you hear the news? not only will there be this superman movie, but apparently they're just going to start over again just so they can make the justice league movie (Same goes for batman)... seriously who the f@#$@#$@# comes up with this crap?!?!
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2011 at 2:52pm
It's Warner Bros. who announced it. That's all.
Pictures move, do they?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2011 at 2:56pm
Richard Roeper called this the worst movie of 2011's first 1/4.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2011 at 4:39pm
Yeah, Flash, Wonder Woman, rebooted Batman (because Nolan's version was too serious and real for what they wanted in Justice League) and of course, Justice League. Oh, and they will ALL be released in 2013. Yeah, because rushed movies are always of quality. 

This is all just DC trying to play catch-up with Marvel because they were asleep at the wheel for the past decade!  

[QUOTE=Mayhem5185]But didn't you hear the news? not only will there be this superman movie, but apparently they're just going to start over again just so they can make the justice league movie (Same goes for batman)... seriously who the f@#$@#$@# comes up with this crap?!?! [/QUOTE
susanmarie8 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote susanmarie8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2011 at 6:16am
Did you even see the movie?  The two main characters break from the movie to address the issue of the imagery in the first few minutes of the film.  The director is using irony to make a point!
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote susanmarie8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2011 at 6:20am
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

And the REAL irony of "Sucker Punch" .... no actual sucker punches are thrown during the movie!

So, you didn't watch it to the end???
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote susanmarie8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2011 at 6:28am
I am a mature woman of 48 years and I loved this movie.  I cried at the end.  Yes, I was bored with the fight scenes, but I kinda think that was part of the point!

Emotionally, I was right where the director wanted me at the end of the movie and I was punched, hard, in the emotional gut.

I think the naysayers of this film have completely missed the point of the movie.  IMHO, there is no way this movie should be consider for the Razzies.  A film's success should be judged on whether it delivers what was intended and this movie does deliver in a huge way.

Please, tell me precisely, which lines were delivered poorly, and ask yourself first if they were meant to be campy before you judge.  Tell me which scenes were photographed or edited poorly.  Tell me where the story fails.

Re-watch the first and final five minutes of the film as a reminder of the film's message and review the movie from that point of view.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2011 at 6:37am
Welcome to our Forum, Susanmarie8.

I haven't seen this movie yet, but about your comment regarding what this movie was meant to be...Let me ask you this: If you do something -- anything -- bad "on purpose," is it not still bad?

Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote susanmarie8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2011 at 1:20pm
What, specifically, about the movie was bad?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>