Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > START of SUMMER FORUM POLL...
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Forum Members' DISCUSSION of SUMMER BUMMER Poll...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' DISCUSSION of SUMMER BUMMER Poll...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' DISCUSSION of SUMMER BUMMER Poll...
    Posted: May 08 2012 at 10:29am
HERE's WHERE to POST YER THOUGHTS -- AGREEMENTS, DISAGREEMENTS, ADDITIONAL TITLES, ETC. on OUR "BIGGEST SUMMER MOVIE BUMMER of 2012" FORUM POLL...

...and, IN CASE YOU MISSED OUT on VOTING, HERE's the LINK to the POLL ITSELF... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2012 at 11:00am
I wanna say Battleship. Even a bunch of the positive reviews for it admit that it is stupid.

Some things I wanna ask HeadRazz though.

So, Bruce Willis, if I'm not mistaken, has SEVEN movies coming out this year, including GI Joe 2 and Expendables 2. What do you think the chances are of all of them being bad?

Why is John Travolta the only one highlighted for Savages? The trailers make look like he's going to get killed and thrown away pretty early. So he can't be Worst Actor. That's for Taylor Kitsch, also in John Carter and Battleship. Oh, and you're not still considering John Carter Worst Picture, are you?

Last thing: That new Mark Whalburg/Mila Kunis movie Ted, from the creator of Family Guy. Do you think that's Razzie worthy?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: On the matter of RAZZIE® Repeat Offender (and past "winner") Bruce Willis being in seven films this year, the odds of at least one of them achieving mediocrity (and thus not being bad enough to merit our attention) are statistically fairly high. Also, if you'll scroll down on the Summer Movie Bummer Poll page (LINK) you'll see that I did mention the lummox from  JOHN CARTER (who, at this point, has my vote for Worst Actor based on that film alone). As for TED, I gotta say, I think the concept is quite original, and, if properly executed, could be wildly funny.  So, no, at this point, I would not tag TED as being "RAZZIE® Worthy"...  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2012 at 12:11pm
I pick WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU'RE EXPECTING. It looks like it's gonna be pretty boring. At least BATTLESHIP may be silly fun like the first TRANSFORMERS. I don't think G.I. JOE 2 will be good, but it could be better than the first one. And I have faith in MEN IN BLACK 3 because this time they took their time to make it.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2012 at 12:50pm
I voted for Battleship.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2012 at 1:29pm
While we're on the subject of 'Savages', it's kind of funny that this film is up for both Oscar and Razzie consideration. However, judging by the quality of most of Ollie Stone's recent movies, I think it's more likely to be the latter (since Stone appears to be in an "I've already won three Oscars, so I don't need to try any more" mood)...

Originally posted by oiram

Why is John Travolta the only one highlighted for Savages? The trailers make look like he's going to get killed and thrown away pretty early. So he can't be Worst Actor. That's for Taylor Kitsch, also in John Carter and Battleship. Oh, and you're not still considering John Carter Worst Picture, are you? 

You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2012 at 3:30pm
Has HeadRazz left the building? I would really like him to comment on what I have just asked, especially about Ted.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I did respond -- See your original post, above. Oh, and on the subject of JOHN CARTER still being considered by me as a Worst Picture choice, I finally saw it this past weekend, and found it hilariously awful -- Especially the lead performance by Mr. Kitsch, the lummox playing the title role. So, short answer: YES!  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

The Larch View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 7:54am
Since it technically came out in the "summer season" (albeit barely), I think A Little Bit of Heaven, with former star Kate Hudson, should be a STRONG contender for Razzie consideration (4% @Rotten Tomatoes with some of the WORST reviews of the year)- go ahead and tell me why it shouldn't (and the funny Wanderlust should?!?!? Ermm)...
FYC: WORST Acting Performances of 2014 include: Johnny Depp (X2), Kevin Costner (X3), Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Seth MacFartlane, Sandler (X3), Rob Reiner, Dan Aykroyd (X2), and YES Diane Keaton!
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2012 at 9:46pm
I've got a feeling Adam Sandler is going to be doing another ROYAL FLUSH -- right down the box office drain!
2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2012 at 4:31am
Hopefully he will, and if he does, it will be rightfully so.
It's good to see the right movies at the top of the poll.
"What to expect when you're expecting" will be out in four days, I'm curious to see how that'll play out.
ZKath View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZKath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2012 at 7:55am
We saw the trailer for "That's My Boy" yesterday.  My son, 13, leaned over and whispered, "That looks AWFUL!"  If Adam Sandler can't attract this demographic, his career is in bad, bad shape.  

I'm expecting "That's My Boy" to be a Razzie 2fer for Mr. Sandler!   

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Thanks for the feedback -- Having seen the trailer (and a handful of TV spots) for THAT'S MY BOY myself, I have to concur. The lone positives about the new film: Sandler will be playing only one character, and he will be wearing neither a padded girdle nor a wig! 

JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2012 at 8:36pm
Any movie that has Vanilla Ice, Tony Orlando and (once again, his Ass-Holeyness) Nick Swardson in it is another guaranteed Box Office Bomb. I honestly thought A Thousand Words would be the biggest dog turd of the year -- but the trailers for "That's My Boy" show it's another stinker from Crappy Madison's Limburger Cheese Factory!  

2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2012 at 12:07pm
John Carter was awesome! If it gets nominated for Worst Picture (which would be incredibly idiotic, but then, at times I find the Razzies to be hilariously awful as well), I will blow my mind.

May I also remind you that Reviews on Carter weren't awful, just mixed. 

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I did respond -- See your original post, above. Oh, and on the subject of JOHN CARTER still being considered by me as a Worst Picture choice, I finally saw it this past weekend, and found it hilariously awful -- Especially the lead performance by Mr. Kitsch, the lummox playing the title role. So, short answer: YES!  

Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2012 at 7:01pm
Wait, if Madagascar 3 is on the poll, then why isn't Ice Age: Continental Drift up there?
Pictures move, do they?
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2012 at 7:53pm
Exactly! Ice Age 4 does need to go on the poll.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2012 at 12:19pm
Good point. MADAGASCAR 2 got better reviews than the first one. ICE AGE 4 has more possibilites of being bad.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2012 at 8:30am
I chose what I thought would be a good choice, Men in Black 3. However, there are some early reviews on RT already with 80% of them being positive. Well, here's my rationale:

*I hated Men in Black 2
*It's an unnecessary sequel
*Problems with production (unfinished script when they started shooting) and Will Smith having problems on set
*The lack of imagination with its marketing (the poster looks dull and boring)

But judging from the reviews, the film may not be as bad as I thought it would be.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>