Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > POLLS & DISCUSSIONS of OUR 2013 RAZZIE® CHOICES > 2013 WORST ACTRESS POLL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of WORST ACTRESS POLL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of WORST ACTRESS POLL
    Posted: November 25 2013 at 11:26am
ALREADY VOTED in OUR NOVEMBER 2013 WORST ACTRESS POLL?

IF NOT, HERE's the LINK to DO SO. 

IF YOU WANNA EXPLAIN WHY YOU CHOSE WHO YOU CHOSE...

...OR YOU WANNA MAKE the CASE for OUR INCLUDING 
SOMEONE WHO WASN'T LISTED...  

OR YOU JUST WANNA GROUSE ABOUT the LOUSY CHOICES
OFFERED to ACTRESSES THIS YEAR...

HERE's WHERE to DO ALL of THAT...
and MORE! 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 11:34am
I actually think Salma Hayek should be listed in the poll, or even Worst Supporting Actress. Her Performance in Grown Ups 2 was especially terrible this time around. Still, I guess Adam Sandler was more annoying by comparison
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 11:40am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Not to worry, Salma will be listed as Worst Supporting Actress for GROAN-UPS, TOO. And Adam iz all but a "shoo-in" for Worst Actor... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 11:44am
One question, Lindsay Lohan has been listed under "The Canyons". I thought that film was not eligible for the Razzies?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Just added an "asterisk" to Lohan's listing in the poll, explaining that, in deference to our Voting Members' apparent preference to be able to nominate Lindsay, we are granting a "temporary waiver" of her disqualification while the poll is in progress. Based on the results of the poll, she may (or may not) end up on the Nominating Ballot for Worst Actress in CANYONS. As the explanation on the poll page makes clear, her performances in both IN-APP-PROPRIATE COMEDY and SCARY MOVIE 5 are likely to be listed for Worst Supporting Actress... 

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 11:49am
Okay, How is Saoirse Ronan NOT a contender for The Host? Most people seem to agree that even she did not seem good in that movie.

Also, why isn't Naomi Watts also up there for Movie 43 (and maybe Adore), since Halle Berry is also up there for Movie 43?

I think that Ashley Bell from Last Exorcism Part II and Ashley Tisdale from Scary Movie 5 should be up there, but that's just personal preference...

Also, what moviecritic1994 said.

Good list, other than that.   

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Since your post showed up before very many people voted for either Naomi Watts or Kerry Washington, I went in and added MOVIE 43 to Watts' titles, and replaced Washington with Saoirse Ronan in THE HOST in the 11th slot. Appreciate the feedback... 

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 11:54am
Oiram as much as I loathed The Host, Saorise Ronan I thought held up okay in her role. I mean obviously the performance wasn't great, but still the script was the main issue here. However, I would like her and either model #1 or model #2 to be nominated for Worst Screen Couple
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 1:16pm
I voted for Gemma Arterton, who should also be listed for RUNNER RUNNER. I'd like to see Alice Englert, Ashley Bell, Ashley Tisdale, Essence Atkins and Julianne Hough be considered as well. 

Sorry, but I do think Saoirse Ronan deserves a nomination. I hated her performance. Not that she isn't a talented actress in general (she is). 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 2:15pm
I voted for Diana and Movie 43 for Naomi Watts. She's the one who may deserve a bundled stand-alone Movie 43 nomination the most because of how much NW Europe (namely Great Britain and Wales) want Diana RAZZed so badly.

I would also argue for Movie 43 and Kick-A** 2 for Chloe Grace-Moretz, but I'm not sure if that would be for Worst Supporting Actress instead. It would certainly be better than nominating The Call.

I'd also replace Parker for Jennifer Lopez with Identity Thief for Melissa McCarthy (again, the film I'm suggesting got worse reviews).

...and I'd replace Dead Man Down for Noomi Rapace with The Last Exorcism Part II for Ashley Bell.

Response to oiram's subsequent post: I think the problem with The Larch is he's always demanding we RAZZ films that we don't have forums for, that don't get bad reviews, that nobody saw, etc.
My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 2:24pm
Lest we forget, something Lopez has that McCarthy does not is a Razzie track record.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Or, as I like to call it, a "RAZZIE® Pedigree"...

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

The Larch View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 3:21pm
Julianne "Blackface" Hough deserves to be on the ballot for being awful (as she was in ROCK OF AGES and FOOTLOOSE) in PARADISE and SAFE HAVEN...and yes, Lindsay Lohan SO belongs on the ballot for THE CANYONS...
FYC: WORST Acting Performances of 2013 BY FAR- RZA in GI Joe 2 & Jackie Weaver in Parkland (tie)!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 3:43pm
Larch, do you ever post anything OTHER THAN "So and so should be up there."

The Larch View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 3:58pm
Isn't that what these boards are for? What do you WANT me to talk about??? Even HeadRazz encourages it...
FYC: WORST Acting Performances of 2013 BY FAR- RZA in GI Joe 2 & Jackie Weaver in Parkland (tie)!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 4:06pm
Maybe talk about something in the news, how you feel about a recent movie announcement. Maybe a funny anecdote that is somewhat Razzie-related that you'd like to share... 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 5:13pm
Yes, Larch. The more topics you talk about here, the better. 

Originally posted by oiram

Lest we forget, something Lopez has that McCarthy does not is a Razzie track record. 

Not only that, but McCarthy has proven to be a very talented actress with only a few films. Meanwhile, Lopez showed some talent in some of her earlier films, but somewhere along 2002-2004 she apparently decided to just stop trying...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2013 at 7:22am
Remember when I said that the eligibility rule was created to make things easier because there are movies that voters can't watch? I said that to allow Lohan to be nominated for THE CANYONS. But now I see that most of you voted for her, and I wanted to make sure you actually watched the film.

I researched, and it turns out that the makers of that film were so desperate that they used a free but legal streaming site. Click here, and scrolled down to the big blue arrow. There's a button to remove the Spanish subtitles (if they bother you). After watching it, you can scroll down again to the comments sections. If you can't read them, then just look at the rating each user gave it.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2013 at 7:30am
Vits, I have a question:

Can you nominate a film for your Vits Awards if you saw through streaming sites?

Also, do you mean NOT allow?

Originally posted by Vits

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Remember when I said that the eligibility rule was created to make things easier because there are movies that voters can't watch? I said that to allow Lohan to be nominated for THE CANYONS. But now I see that most of you voted for her, and I wanted to make sure you actually watched the film.

I researched, and it turns out that the makers of that film were so desperate that they used a free but legal streaming site. Click here, and scrolled down to the big blue arrow. There's a button to remove the Spanish subtitles (if they bother you). After watching it, you can scroll down again to the comments sections. If you can't read them, then just look at the rating each user gave it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>