Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on ZOOKEEPER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of ZOOKEEPER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of ZOOKEEPER
    Posted: July 02 2011 at 7:55pm
Woo-hoo, saturnwatcher is still with us!  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2011 at 8:07pm
Indeed I am! 

If you go to the 2011 Eligible releases forum, you will see an explanation and apology from me of the entire unfortunate misunderstanding. I also sent personal apologies to several of the members (you were among them) for my part in the misunderstanding. I guess you did not receive it. Suffice it to say that Mr. Wilson and I were able to clear the entire matter up, and I intend to continue to post here and remain a member of the organization for many happy years to come!
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2011 at 8:51pm
Glad you'll be staying with us; the forum is not the same without you.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Hear! Hear! 
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2011 at 9:00pm
Thanks for the kind remarks...you were also among those I sent a PM, but it appears that several of them did not go through.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2011 at 9:58am
Has there ever been a good live-action talking-animal movie?
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2011 at 5:28pm
The one that made that genre popular was the 1st DR. DOLITTLE, and that one had bad reviews. So...I guess not.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Just to be clear -- Do you mean the original 1967 Rex Harrison version of DR. DOOLITTLE (IMDb LINK) which, because Fox forced all of its employees to vote for it, was undeservedly nominated for 9 Oscars, including Best Picture (IMDb LINK)...or did you mean the 1998 Eddie Murphy "remake" (IMDb LINK) which, though not critically well-received, did do well enough at the box office to spawn multiple sequels (IMDb LINK)... 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2011 at 5:39pm
Vits, if you're talking about the remake, that film was kinda mixed from critics.
Pictures move, do they?
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2011 at 5:47pm
SchumacherH8ter: Sure there are, First one that comes to mind is Babe, which was loved by critics and was nominated for the Best Picture Oscar. 

I personaly also really liked the remake of The Incredible Journey as a kid (even though I haven't seen it since). 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2011 at 6:14pm
No --I meant the first version, which had even worse reviews than the 1998 remake.
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2011 at 11:10pm

Okay then let's go through the checklist:

Lousy humour mostly consisting of fart-jokes - check
Cliched love plotline as found in most rom-coms today - check
Former Razzie nominees all brought together under one roof - check x999 trillion

I smell a 'Worst Screen Couple/Ensemble' trophy with this film's name on it
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2011 at 6:13am
Oh! Okay...  

Originally posted by Vits

Originally posted by Grounder the Critic

Vits, if you're talking about the remake, that film was kinda mixed from critics.
No.I meant the first version,which had worse reviews than the remake.
Pictures move, do they?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2011 at 6:25am
No no no no no no no. Talking animal movies go WAY back in Hollywood history, and the series that probably really spawned their popularity was the Francis the Talking Mule series back in the 50's. There were 7 films in that series in all, each enjoyed a degree of box-office success. Francis, (in reality a female mule named Molly) received more fan mail than his/her human costar, Donald O'Connor. Ultimately, Francis' popularity led to the TV series Mr. Ed. Talking animal movies were difficult to make in those days, because the illusion was difficult to create. Francis and Ed were motivated to "talk" by a combination of placing a thread in their mouth and putting peanut butter on their lips, but it was considerably more difficult to find clever ways to make other animals appear to talk. 

The rise of CGI technology has solved that problem, and it is almost astonishing that ole Francis hasn't been revived for a remake. But now that I have tossed that idea out into the ether, it is probably inevitable. 

Originally posted by Vits

The one that made that genre popular was the 1st DR. DOLITTLE,and that one had bad reviews.So...I guess not.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2011 at 10:23am
Has Rosario Dawson ever had a true lead role? I mean, she has shared top billing many times (like in this movie,I believe). But all by herself? Isn't it time yet?
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2011 at 5:19pm
I think she has ... in indie movies. 

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2011 at 4:16pm
Jeong was previously in Furry Vegnance and All About Steve. Why he hasn't gotten a nomation yet, is beyond me. After all he seems to accept any script that comes his way!  Wink  

Originally posted by oiram

Ken Jeong seems like a dead man, since he's in four big Razzie films.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2011 at 4:54pm
He was on the Razzie ballot last year for Furry Vengeance and Vampires Suck, but he didn't get a nod. I certainly thought he was worse than Rob Schneider.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>