Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on ZOOKEEPER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of ZOOKEEPER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of ZOOKEEPER
    Posted: July 05 2011 at 8:07pm
Yes, but now Jeong is in FOUR (or more) bad movies in one year, and just about all of them are blockbusters that Razzie voters are more than likely to see.  

Originally posted by whatsthepoint

He was in Furry Vegnance and All About Steve. Why he hasn't gotten a nomation yet, is beyond me. After all he seems to accept any script that comes his way.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 6:49am
At the moment, this has a ZERO at RT.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 7:33am
That's no surprise. I doubt the guys who made this movie even care. I mean, weren't the first five reviews for Just Go with It negative, too. And that movie made 200 million worldwide! 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 4:06pm
Rotten Tomatoes: "It smothers James's inherent likability with it's sodden script and a surfeit of jokes inappropriate for the young viewers who might be intrigued by it's juvenile storyline."
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 5:23pm
Roger Ebert gave this movie a positive review! Now that is just sad... 

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110706/REVIEWS/110709990
Pictures move, do they?
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 7:35pm
Done properly, this type of story might work, but it's obvious that lining up the stars for the animal voices was the motivating factor here, mroe important than the script (so what else is new, really?). 
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 7:45pm
The problem here is that this kind of story is NOT being done well. It hasn't been done well in a LONG time. Other than the lead character being a caucasian zookeeper instead of a black veterinarian, how is this movie any different than the Eddie Murphy "Dr. Dolittle" movies? I'd argue it's not.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 8:28pm
There do appear to be similarities to Dr. Dolittle. I'd call this a Worst Remake/Rip-off contender.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Maybe...but we've already got about 37 of them this year (and it's barely July)!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 8:42pm
Agreed.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 11:03pm
Keep in mind Ebert was the same guy who gave negative reviews to 'A Clockwork Orange' (1971) and 'Blue Velvet' (1986) yet gave positive reviews to 'Speed 2' (1997 winner for Worst Remake or Sequel) and both 'Garfield' films. 

If you ask me I think he's starting to become a little too 'entertained' by everything he sees...  

Originally posted by Grounder the Critic

Roger Ebert gave this movie a positive review. Now that's sad.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110706/REVIEWS/110709990
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 5:56am
Ebert also gave positive reviews to Cars 2, Gulliver's Travels, and Barney's Great Adventure. And he gave a negative review on Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid!
Pictures move, do they?
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 6:39am
Roger Ebert is a film critic, and film critics are allowed to have their own opinions. Also, just for the record, he's probably the most respected American film critic who ever lived.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 7:20am
Yeah. It should not be about if Ebert agrees with the rest of the world, but how good his arguments are. 
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 3:15pm
Critics give their opinions, and each of us are free to agree or disagree with their opinions. However, when critics are almost unanimously for or against a specific movie, it's probably because it really is that good...or that bad. 
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2011 at 1:01pm
Keep in mind folks, Roger Ebert is not a god among mortals. He's just the most well known critic in America; that doesn't mean he's the best that his trade has to offer and that his opinion is law. Right now, Lady Gaga is the most profitable and successful singer in America, but that doesn't mean she's the best singer out there right now.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2011 at 3:00pm
I'd say Ebert ties with Richard Roeper or Peter Travers(that's the world talking).And Lady Gaga ties with Katy Perry or Rihanna(that's me talking LOL).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>