Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on DARKEST HOUR
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' FEEDBACK on This Film...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' FEEDBACK on This Film...
    Posted: December 28 2011 at 2:18pm
HERE IT IZ -- YER LAST CHANCE of 2011 to UNLOAD on a BOX OFFICE BOMB-ERINO. 

TO CHECK OUT WHAT YE OLDE HEAD RAZZ-BERRY HAD to SAY ABOUT DARKEST HOUR, SIMPLY CLICK HERE...  

...and HERE's 2 a BERRY HAPPY (and BERRY BAD-MOVIE-FILLED) NEW YEAR!  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
davecampbell View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote davecampbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2011 at 3:23pm
While both this film's box office and reviews (as linked elsewhere here) suggest this will likely be 2011's "last big bomb," it's not something I intend to bother seeing in a theater. 

I have already seen my choice for the Worst Picture of the year (or any of the last 20 years, for that matter!) which also deserves to "win" Worst Screenplay, Worst Director, Worst Screen Couple and BOTH Worst Actor AND Worst Actress: Adam Sandler as hideous "twins" in the insufferable "comedy" Jack and Jill. 

If that doesn't sweep this year's Razzie awards, there is no justice...
jamechris02 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote jamechris02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2011 at 3:27pm
Outside of the immediate families of anyone unfortunate enough to have worked on this, exactly who is the supposed "target audience" for such lowbrow tripe??  

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2011 at 4:01pm
It's getting harder by the minute to understand why they gave this a wide release: It got a rather rare "Overwhelming Dislike / Extreme Disgust" score on MetaCritic. 

I also don't know if it has enough well-known actors to be nominated for anything against everything else that's already being discussed -- as much as it might deserve to.

EDIT: To jesse685, I thought the plot was similar to SKYLINE as well. Even more similar than SKYLINE and Battle: Los Angeles.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2011 at 4:42pm
The stars of the movie are Emile Hirsch (SPEED RACER), Olivia Thirlby (NO STRINGS ATTACHED) and Rachael Taylor (TRANSFORMERS; CHARLIE'S ANGELS 2011). And director Chris Gorak is actually a production designer and art director. It seems the best... person in this movie is Max Minghella (THE IDES OF MARCH; THE SOCIAL NETWORK; SYRIANA).

It seems it'll stay between 15-20% on R.T.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2011 at 9:12pm
This film looks like it's a 3-D rip-off of that blue alien light show sh*t Skyline.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2011 at 10:37pm
Man Emile Hirsch, what happened?
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2011 at 10:44pm
With a good cast and the terrible release date, it feels as if The Darkest Hour was under studio interference. I wouldn't be surprised.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 12:29pm
Actually, aside from his "almost Oscar nominated" performance in INTO THE WILD, how many highs has he had in his career? 

Originally posted by whatsthepoint

Man Emile Hirsch, what happened?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 1:57pm
What about Milk -- and also, some Indies he did, such as Mudge Boy. 

Plus he was considered one of the most promising up-and-coming Hollywood stars back in the day, and everyone only had good things to say about his acting (and I don't only mean actors themselves).

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 2:07pm
You mean 7 years ago? Has he even done enough movies to judge that already?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 10:52pm
Actually it was more like 3 or 4 years ago... 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2011 at 9:41am
He became famous for THE GIRL NEXT DOOR in 2004.
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2012 at 2:47pm
Wow, the reviews make this sound like it's...

The DORKEST Hour...
2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
ZKath View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZKath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2012 at 2:19pm
My son, who is 13, really really wanted to see this.  I will give the film credit - I thought the aliens, once we finally saw them, were kind of cool.  The scenes of Moscow were interesting, because this is a city I've never visited.  The rest of the film was mind-numbingly stupid.
Somewhat ironically, the movie theater at which we saw this waste of electricity closed for business the next day.  So Jay and I can boast that we attended the last night they were open.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2012 at 1:07pm
Skip to 03:27.

Thoughts?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>