Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on DARKEST HOUR
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' FEEDBACK on This Film...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' FEEDBACK on This Film...
    Posted: May 21 2012 at 6:49pm
Confession time, I thought that this had potential. I liked the idea of invisible aliens because I thought that if the screenwriters were smart enough, it could be decent. But they weren't smart.

There's one scene that I REALLY liked in this. When the aliens first attack, I was thrilled. I was thinking to myself, "What's wrong with the critics? This is awesome!!" Then the rest of the movie happened.

The characters aren't developed at all. They're obnoxious and annoying, with Rachael Taylor and Emile Hirsch grating especially. Director Chris Gorak shows no competantcy in staging alien attacks beyond that first scene.

But the film's biggest problem was what drew me to the movie: the aliens. Instead of being interesting, they're nothing more than a crutch to keep the budget down. In addition, the film was shown in 3-D. The film is mostly dark. I think you can figure out what the problem here is. The script is lazy and full of cliches. At one point, Emile Hirsch is dressed up like a Ghostbuster!

I will say this, there's more laughs here than there is in Ghostbusters II! Grade: C-

Next-up: John Carter!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12