Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > COMPLETE LIST of 2011 ELIGIBLE RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Member's Preview of Next Year's Movies.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Member's Preview of Next Year's Movies.
    Posted: November 24 2011 at 7:41am
With the year coming to a close, I would like to take this time to look over the possible contenders of next year. Now I'm not going to talk about EVERY movie that looks Razzie worthy to me, just the ones that I think could possibly be big contenders.

The Amazing Spider-Man: I don't know about you guys, but I am getting bad vibes about this movie. I really don't like that Spider-Man point of view shot that they did, and I really wonder if they just hired Marc Webb as the director because of his name. He did well with (500) Days of Summer, but can this guy direct action? Honestly, I feel that this reboot is just for making money, but maybe it could be better?
American Reunion: Basically, this movie was made because most of the actors from the previous movies are not doing well. It seems to be a solid lock for Worst Sequel.
Battleship: Okay, let us say that making this board game nto a movie is a good idea. If it was, then please keep it HUMAN battleship vs HUMAN battlship. Don't throw aliens in the mix. Wow Neeson, you stooped to a new low. Rhianna, maybe that beating from Mr Brown knocked some cells out of your brain.
The Biggest Movie of All Time 3D: A spoof of Avatar (Okay). written and directed by the guys who brought you Vampires Suck (Not okay).
Dr. Seuss' The Lorax: Basically, I'm putting this here because HeadRazz will question why I didn't, but I can't blame him because, while it looks pretty, I'm not sure the direction the makers are taking this is the right one.
Dredd: In case you can't tell, this is basically a reboot of Judge Dredd. The previous one starring Stallone was fun, I admit, but it definately can be improved. Only thing is, with the people attached to the movie, it doesn't look much like an improvement at all.
Donny's Boy... or I Hate You Dad, or whatever it's actually called: After that bang up job of movie making this year, are people going to trust Sandler anymore. That last movie was hated by mostly everyone, so are they going to see this? I guess the answer will end up being yes *sigh*. Anyways, themovie sounds like it's just an excuse to get Samberg off the grounds. I've seen him be funny, but Sandler will most likely ruin him. Looking at some of the names that are also showing up in the movie, I have feeling this will be a pretty bad stinker.
The Expendables 2: I admittedly enjoyed the first one, and this one seems like it could deliver more, but then again, I didn't feel like it needed a sequel anyways. Not much to say 'cept Stallone is not writing or directing this time, Schwarzenegger and Willis are going to be given bigger roles, JCVD and Chuck Norris are set to showup, and a stuntman was killed on set. Wait, what? Oh snap, this is not going to be pretty.
47 Ronin: A movie starring Kneau Reeves dericted by a guy I never heard of. Maybe not big, but Kneau is probably going to be his usual self.
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance: Yes it looks cool, and do admire the fact that they still kept an actor despite it being a reboot (Even if it is Cage), but there's still room for it to fail. The team of Neveldine/Taylor did do Crank's I & II, but they also did Gamer, and wrote Jonah Hex (granted, that movie had another writer on it too, so it might have not been entirely their fault.)
G.I. Joe: Retaliation: First one stunk, so they think putting in guy who directed that Justin Bieber thing documentary will do any better? I do like that they got rid of most of the actors from the first movie (Though Joseph Gordan-Levitt did fine as Cobra), but I really have doubts that it will succeed being a good movie, even if it is better than the first. Oh, and just recently, someone was killed on the set of making this. Wow, why let it happen in such a stupid movie like this?
Good Deeds: Written by, directed by, produced by, and starring Tyler Perry (not in drag this time.) With Thandie Newton, Rebecca Romjin, and Jamie Kennedy (ugh) set to co-star, this looks to be one hell of a soap opera comedy BS-train. Oh, Tyler is possibly also going to Write, direct, and produce another movie called The Marriage Counselor and maybe star in a movie called I, Alex Cross.
The Great Gatsby: Another movie done many times before. It's directed by Baz Luhrmann, but I heard his last movie seems to be a sign that he is slipping. Though the cast could begood, there's still some uncertainty.
Here Comes the Boom: Overweight White Guy (Kevin James) is a teacher who moonlights as a professional to provide for the students while wooing a hot Latina actress (Salma Hayek) that is starring opposite. If that does not sound familiar, it is actually ripping off Nacho Libre. Yeah, it wasn't great, but atleast it was original. Frank Coraci, who previously directed James in Zookeeper, is directing this, and Charice and "The Fonz" are also set to appear *sigh*.
Hotel Transylvania: I know that it's being directed by Genndy Tartakovsky, who made good cartoons such as Dexter's Laboratory and Samurai Jack, but this project has mostly Adam Sandler written over it. It has his cronies co-starring (Kevin James, David Spade, Steve Buscemi, and Andy Samberg, who counts because he's going to be in another Sandler movie the same year.) and the concept art looks like Sandler. Miley Cyrus, Fran Drescher, and Cee Lo Green (like his songs, but never heard him act before.) are also confirmed to show up in this movie. Not to mention the writers of the movie have only wrote direct to DVD movies and television shows no one's heard of. I hate to say this, but if this is really as bad as one would fear, then Genndy should be conidered for Worst Director, because he should have known better than to work with Sandler.
Les Miserables: Do we really need another adaptation of this? I know Tom Hooper, who won the Best Director Oscar for The King's Speech, is directing this, but this is a musical. Will he be able to do that? Also, Russel Crowe will appear. Can this guy sing?
Miley Cyrus: No, there is no biopic being made about her. This is more of a generalization of what she's going to be in possibly next year: Besides Hotel Transylvania, she will also star in Not Afraid, a thriller movie which could end up being along the lines of I Know Who Killed Me, So Undercover, a spy comedy, and LOL: Laughing Out Loud, a remake of a French film and the remake will also feature Demi Moore. Now, It's not entirely confirmed that all of those movies will come out next year, but it they do, and if they all are as stupid as one could imagine, then she MUST win Worst Actress next year. As much as I would like to see Kristen Stewart win it, Miley might go off the radar before ever winning one.
Mirror Mirror: I know there are some Tarsem Singh fans on this forum, but I have to be honest, I think the movie looks like BS, even for Tarsem. I did not laugh at anything that happened in the trailer, I really think the costumes and art direction look like crap, and Julia Roberts seems to be especially terrible in this. That's not to say I believe the OTHER Snow White coming out next year will be better (maybe slightly). I will say that if someone asked me would I rather see a bad drama or a bad comedy, I would say bad drama, because atleast you can LAUGH at that.
Movie 43: This movie could go either way, but some of the skits said to appear sound just bad, especially the one that Kate Winslet is set to appear in.
My Mother's Curse: It stars Babera Streisand, which might be enough to consider.
The Odd Life of Timothy Green: So parents that cannot conceive decide to bury their wishes of what kind of child they want, and the next day, a child grows out of the ground... okay?
One For the Money: When I first heard the title, I thought it was going to be about the lottery or something until I finally watched the trailer, so apparrently It's more action comedy. Since Ms. Heigl doesn't have a very good track record, this could be a possible contender. Oh yeah, it's based off a novel, and it also features Debbie Reynolds. You know, that woman that fought Liz Taylor over that singer guy.
Red Dawn: Oh snap. I know this was filmed a few years earlier, but Chris, what are you doing? This could have been an interesting remake, because instead of Russains, it was going to be Chinese, but then they decided to digitally change the faces to North Koreans, like that would happen. I really hope The Avengers is good now, because I don't wantto give Chris Hemsworth a Razzie.
Resident Evil: Retribution: Enough already! Just stop it with these, they are no longer neded!
Rock of Ages: This movie can go either way, but the big thing that everybody is wondering about this movie is this: Can Tom Cruise sing? If he can't, he's a strong contender.
Savages: An Oliver Stone film that has NOTHING to do with real life events, though it is based on a novel. The plot sounds so stupid though, with two marijuna dealers go to Mexico to save a hippie girlfriend or some crap like that. Taylor Kitsch is set to star, and he's also going to star in Battleship, so you just know he's a QUALITY actor, right?
Scary Movie 5: Do we really need another?
Snow White & The Huntsman: Upon first seeing the trailer, I was like "Hmm, looks interesting." After thinking about it a little more, it has failing elements in it. The costume on Charlize does not look that great, one of the creaturs featured in trailer looks like it was ripped from Pan's Labyrinth, that one part where Charlize dips into white whatever is... disturbing, Kristen does not talk through out the trailer which does not indicate good things about her, and this does feel like the action part is shoe-horned in. Now I seriously hope Avengers is good. Please Chris, don't go down the bad road.
Taken 2: The first one is good, but it really did not need a sequel.
Ted: It is a movie directed by, co-written by, and starring Seth MacFarlane, the guy who brought such "classics" like Family Guy and American Dad (and by classics, I mean overrated POS's) It's about a guy, player by Marky Mark, who has an evil living Teddy Bear, voiced by Seth MacFarlane. Mila Kunis also appears as Mark's girlfriend. Mila, I know you worked with Seth before, but come on, you were in Black Swan and Friend's With Benefits, you OBVIOUSLY can do better than this.
This Means War: Two CIA agents, Chris Pine and Tom Hardy, fight eachother over a girl played by Reese Witherspoon, and it's being directed by McG. Yeah, why is Tom in this?
A Thousand Words: May not be a BIG contender, but it sure as heck looks like Eddie Murphy's coming back to the Worst Actor list. A film where he is forced not to talk and just make gestures sounds interesting, but looking at it, he looks just as annoying as when he is talking. It's being directed by Brian Robbins (because he and Eddie worked SO WELL together in Norbit and Meet Dave... oh wait.) and is written by one of the writters of Jack & Jill.... oh joy.
The Three Stooges: Whether you love them or hate them, we can atleast agree that this sounds like a bomb waiting to happen. The idea of giving this to guys who are known for gross out humor and have it be a "reboot" seems bad enough, but now it's been said that some of the cast members of Jershey Shore are set to cameo. Let me repeat that, some of the cast members of Jershey Shore are set to cameo. Atleast they decided to have lesser knowns play the Stooges.
Total Recall: You'd think that a remake of Conan would end up being better, but it turned out that Arnold was Oscar worthy compared to what the other actor did, let alone everything else about the remake. Now we have a remake of one of Arnold's more "high-minded" films. Colin Farrell was in a good remake, but it flopped financially. Will this do the same?
21 Jump Street: Never watched the original show. All I know is that Johnny Depp starred in it originally, and he has confirmed that he is making a cameo in this adaptation. Channing Tatum is getting better, and Jonah Hill has proven to be a good actor, but will this thing really work? The people that I have talked to who have watched the show says the trailer looks nothing like the original show.
Twilight Breaking Dawn 2: Do I need to say anything?
Underworld: Awakening: Sequel to a medicore at best series with Beckinsale returning. May not be a big contender, but could be a lock for Worst Actress and Worst Sequel.
What to Expect When You're Expecting: A pregnancy movie starring J. Lo, because it worked so well be- it sucked.
Wrath of the Titans: First film sucked, this is not going to be any better, especially since it's now being directed by the guy who recently brought us Battle Los Angeles.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2011 at 8:56am

I can find no evidence that the new Great Gatsby movie is a musical. The only other films on there that I disagree with are Amazing Spider-Man and The Lorax.

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2011 at 9:21am
oiram, Why isn't the Dolly Parton/Queen Latifah choir-musical on your list???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAQoo_IVe3s
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2011 at 11:10am
Originally posted by oiram

I really wonder if they just hired Marc Webb as the director because of his name. He did well with (500) Days of Summer, but cam this guy direct action? Honestly, I feel that this reboot is just for making money, but maybe it could be better?
He started as a music video director, which was reflected in most of that movie. So yeah, I think he can direct action.

The Biggest Movie of All Time 3D: A spoof of Avatar (Okay. written and directed by the guys who brought you Vampires Suck (Not okay.)
But if it was made by someone else it would be good? Is that what you're saying?

Months ago I read how the spoof genre isn't good anymore. But that's because not many filmmakers specialize in that.

Good Deeds: Written by, directed by, produced by, and starring Tyler Perry (not in drag this time.) With Thandie Newton, Rebecca Romjin, and Jamie Kennedy (ugh) set to co-star, this looks to be one hell of a soap opera comedy BS-train. Oh, Tyler is possibly also going to Write, direct, and produce another movie called The Marriage Counselor and maybe star in a movie called I, Alex Cross.
That's because TOKEN BLACK keeps giving him money!LOL If you didn't get it, TOKEN BLACK represents every black person in America.

Russel Crowe will appear. Can this guy sing?
Didn't you know he has a band? I think it's blues rock.

Resident Evil: Retribution: Enough already! Just stop it with these, they are no longer neded!
I told a friend who's a fan that they're making this, and he said "All I care is if LEON S. KENNEDY will finally appear". I checked and told him he will, and he'll be played by the russian pilot from "2012".

Savages: An Oliver Stone film that has NOTHING to do with real life events, though it is based on a novel. The plot sounds so stupid though, with two marijuna dealers go to Mexico to save a hippie girlfriend or some crap like that.
Based on what I know about him, this sounds like another U TURN.

Ted: It is a movie directed by, co-written by, and starring Seth MacFarlane, the guy who brought such "classics" like Family Guy and American Dad (and by classics, I mean overrated POS's) It's about a guy, player by Marky Mark, who has an evil living Teddy Bear, voiced by Seth MacFarlane. Mila Kunis also appears as Mark's girlfriend. Mila, I know you worked with Seth before, but come on, you were in Black Swan and Friend's With Benefits, you OBVIOUSLY can do better than this.
Didn't he get his first Razzie nomination for MAX PAYNE? Yes. Wasn't it a punishment for kissing Mila Kunis? Maybe.LOL

Even though the latter seasons of all Seth MacFarlane shows have been bad (probably because every time he makes another show he and the writers split their creativity), I wouldn't call them overrated POS's.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2011 at 1:39pm

The first bad film out of the gate in 2012 will probably be The Devil Inside. It looks like one of the most disloyal video game movies ever made, and I imagine it'll be almost as bad as Alone in the Dark (Bottom 40 Films of 2005). Another bonus factor: It comes 6 years to the day since another bad video game movie BloodRayne (Bottom 40 Films of 2006).

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2011 at 4:44pm
Number one will be Battleship, it doesn't just look bad, it looks like a freakin' LAUGH RIOT!!!
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2011 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

The first bad film out of the gate in 2012 will probably be The Devil Inside. It looks like one of the most disloyal video game movies ever made, and I imagine it'll be almost as bad as Alone in the Dark (Bottom 40 Films of 2005). Another bonus factor: It comes 6 years to the day since another bad video game movie BloodRayne (Bottom 40 Films of 2006).

I heard that movie is going to feature the lead singer of AC/DC.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2011 at 8:04pm

I checked on The Devil Inside and it's not based on a video game. It just shares its name with a video game. Also, there's an actor named Brian Johnson in it, not the same Brian Johnson who's in AC/DC. It's like how there's an actor named Bob Marley who's in those f*cking awful Boondoc Saints movies.

whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2011 at 8:23pm
I'm fairly positive that people aren't going to need to forgive Adam Sandler because they could care less.  

And no Genndy should not be considered for worst director until the film comes out, because someone as unknown as him to the general public, would not be taking a big risk anyway, especially with an actor as bankable as Adam Sandler (Jack and Jill has yet to flop). 

And why is American Reunion a solid lock for worst sequel, when it's from the writers of Harold and Kumar?  

Oh and Neveldine/Taylor only wrote the first draft for Jonah  and then the studio got there hands on it. 

Reserve judgment for This Means War. 

And what right do you have calling the Three Stooges a flop, months before it comes out?

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2011 at 4:11am
I didn't say Genndy should NOW be considered Worst Director, what I said EXACTLY was "I hate to say this, but if this is really as bad as one would fearTHEN Genndy should be conidered for Worst Director, because he should have known better than to work with Sandler."

I don't think the American Pie movies are really the same humor as Harold & Kumar. For one thing, isn't more SEX related than DRUG related.

I also did say that there was ANOTHER writer for Jonah Hex, so MAYBE it was not entirely Neveldine/Taylor's fault.

Okay, the last one you got me. I should have said critical flop. Financially, it could do well, though I'm not sure how many people still know of The Three Stooges.

Originally posted by Vheid

oiram, Why isn't the Dolly Parton/Queen Latifah choir-musical on your list???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAQoo_IVe3s
I did say I wouldn't get to EVERY movie. Besides, the only thing that really seems like a lock for that movie is Worst Screen Couple.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 4:44pm
Maybe this will help.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 6:54pm
Vits, that was a great joke list. I thought that it would be a serious list, but seeing Underworld 4 on their made me realize it was a joke.

That being said, Underworld 4 isn't the movie I'm anticipating the least on that list, it's The Hunger Games, or, as I like to call it, Battle Royale With White People. The trailer for BRWWP is very interesting; it provoked no feelings in me, positive or negative. Now, if it was a little nothing of a movie, I'd understand, but it's getting hyped to holy Hell, with it being number 1 on Entertainment Weekly's poll* for most anticipated movie, over Dark Knight Rises or Breaking Wind Fart Two. The only reason that I might see this is because there's this girl of high attractiveness at Le Moyne who wants to see it.

*Past EW polls have been dumb as well. Their "Best Horror TV Show" had Ryan Murphy's ghoulishly awful American Horror Story ahead of The X-Files, Twin Peaks, and The Walking Dead and their "Best Joss Whedon Project" crowned the unwatchable mess known as Dollhouse as the winner.
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 10:50pm
The Underworld franchise has it fans.
lucy520 View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote lucy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2012 at 1:42am
Months ago I read how the spoof genre isn't good anymore. But that's because not many filmmakers specialize in that.
 Post Reply Post Reply