Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on CONAN (2011)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Mermbers' Discussion of CONAN (2011)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Mermbers' Discussion of CONAN (2011)
    Posted: August 18 2011 at 3:42pm
WANNA BREAK a BONE OVER the HEAD of THIS BONE-HEADED REMAKE?  HERE's WHERE to DO SO...

AND HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT YE OLDE HEAD RAZZBERRY's OFFICIAL TAKE on CONAN: THE BARBARIAN, THE REMAKE... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 3:45pm
I never liked the original Conan-movies (and I don't know a single person who ever did).  

We are having an exceptionally bad week... Hope the next couple of weeks are better!    

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Ah, but in the "Bizzaro World" that is The RAZZIE® Awards, "an exceptionally bad week" is actually...a Berry Good Week! 

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 5:17pm
I should've known the reviews on this remake would eventually descend. I need to see if there are any more nominations I could add this to the list for. The director has the following movies on his resume that caught my attention:

*Texas Chainsaw Massacre [remake], the 12th of 40 Worst Films of 2003.
*Friday the 13th [remake], the 25th of 40 Worst Films of 2009.

And about the original Conan the Barbarian from 1982... the reviews at Rotten T were 76%, which I consider "very good". Perhaps it was the Golden Globes and Saturn Awards that earned it a spot on my Retro Top 30 Films of 1982. If I thought most of you wouldn't agree with the 40 films that interest me every year since 2000, then the 1980's will be a battlefield!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 5:53pm
I wouldn't say Jason Momoa will be "forgotten." He also stars in GAME OF THRONES, which I don't watch, but I am aware of its success.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 5:55pm
R.T.(24-30%):"While its relentless,gory violence is more faithful to the books,it forsakes three-dimensional characters,dialogue and acting in favor of unnecessary 3D effects".

Roger Ebert(1,5/4):"A brutal,crude,witless high-tech CGI contrivance,in which no artificial technique has been overlooked,including 3-D".
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 6:22pm
I LOVED the first Conan but HATED the second one. My review will be up tomorrow.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 7:15pm
I absolutely loved the first/1982 movie. However, I was not fond of the 1985 sequel. But I will see this movie sometime this weekend.
Pictures move, do they?
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 11:03pm

Let's see if I can sum up the movie as shortly as possible:

Swish of sword, blood everywhere. Swish of sword, plot and character development, what's that? Swish of sword, more under-developed characters get cut down for the sole purpose of bloodshed. Swish of sword, hero walks away into the distance. Lead actor turns to the camera and goes 'And if you don't make a pointless sequal, then to hell with you'.
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2011 at 8:26am
On the bright side: Evidently Jason Momoa has completed the first resume requirement towards eventually becoming a future governor of California.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2011 at 9:02am
Some of the reviewers (not all) are probably bashing the movie because it's nothing like the 1982 film (which by the way isn't faithful at all to the original stories).  Or is it that they just can't accept anybody but Arnold in the role?  
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2011 at 9:07am
...Or maybe they're bashing it because it's just bad. 
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2011 at 12:42pm
Well, the theater that I went to see this in had a bad projecter. Because of this, the review well be post-poned.

On the bright-side, I'll have a review of Ass-face's funniest movie: The Butterfly Effect.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2011 at 6:14pm
Richard Roeper gave it a C-:

http://www.richardroeper.com/reviews/conanthebarbarian.aspx
freedom7 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote freedom7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2011 at 2:58pm
The original was so bad it would take great effort for the new one to be any worse. 

Something tells me they'll manage to do it though!  

Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2011 at 10:03pm
It seems as if this movie wants to compete with Mars Needs Moms as the biggest fail of the year
I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2011 at 6:14pm
This movie was loaded with action and all other kinds of eye candy that summer movies usually have, and yet, it lost out at the box office to a movie about Southern maids in the 1960s! I guess this means there won't be a "Red Sonya" remake/reboot in the near future? 
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>