Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > Essential RAZZIE® Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

French Interview w/La Tete Framboise

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: French Interview w/La Tete Framboise
    Posted: September 21 2005 at 1:21pm

Okay, so you probably WON'T understand one word of it, but here's a LINK to a French Internet Interview with Ye Old Head RAZZberry myself...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 1:27pm

For all those you Non-Parlais-Francais Folks, here are the questions and answers from the above interview IN ENGLISH:

What did you think of this summer ?

I find it amusing that Hollywood is in panic mode because box office has imploded this summer. I would
    attribute it mostly to the price of two movie tickets being MORE than the cost of buying a DVD, the fact theatre
    owners in America are now showing COMMERCIALS before the feature as well as trailers, plus the fact that
    this year's product was decidedly pandering and mediocre. And with iPods, home video game systems and the
    like, the core teen-aged movie audience's limited attention span is being pulled elsewhere as never before...

What are the contenders for this year's Razzies ?

In a poll on our RAZZIE® Member's Forum (  http://66.102.142.54/razzies/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=146&a mp;a mp;a mp;PN=1  ) SON OF THE MASK is far-and-away the favorite so far, but other possibilities include ALONE IN THE DARK,
    DEUCE BIGALOW: EUROPEAN GIGOLO, DUKES OF HAZZARD, Paris Hilton in HOUSE OF WAX, and box office
    mega-bomb A SOUND OF THUNDER.

Why do you think THE ISLAND is the biggest flop of the year ?

I think the American public may FINALLY be sick of formulaic/Jerry Bruckheimer/Michael Bay
    action flicks, which THE ISLAND certainly LOOKED like from its advertising. The fact that it WAS
    a big time box office bomb here in the US will likely give it a RAZZIE® boost, but I actually think STEALTH
    (featuring 2005 Oscar winner Jamie Foxx) looks like the likelier title to make the final Nominations list in January.  
    According to Box Office Mojo http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=island05.htm ) ISLAND has actually
    made OVER THREE TIMES as much in foreign countries as it did here in the US.

Do you have big expectations for this fall ?

From their early publicity, DOOM and SERENITY look like possible RAZZIES®, as do SAW II and the remake of THE FOG.
    Also, Oscar winner Charlize Theron in AEON FLUX (due out in December) looks like CATWOMAN all over again.     
    But there's usually at least one SURPRISE Turkey delivered during the holidaze by Hollywood. I am looking forward
    to finding out what it is...

What did you think of ROLL BOUNCE ?

It has not yet opened -- And I am not on ANY studio's screening list.
    Since it resembles ROLLER BOOGIE and XANADU, it certainly LOOKS
    like a possible RAZZIE® Contender, but we'll have to see...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply