Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > COMPLETE LIST of ELIGIBLE 2008 TITLES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

From Jan. 1 - Dec. 31st, 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 394041
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: From Jan. 1 - Dec. 31st, 2008
    Posted: January 13 2009 at 3:38pm

I don't see any forums for this week's new films, which means you probably haven't selected a Worst of the Weak yet.  What's it gonna be, the dogs, the slasher, or the King of Queens?

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2009 at 4:03pm
Is it too much to hope for all three?
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2009 at 3:03am

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Is it too much to hope for all three?

Seriously. "Dog Hotel" is just kiddie fluff, "Mall Cop" has Adam Sandler's finger prints all over it, and "My Bloody Valentine" is just a gimmick-fest hack-job. One will get the top spot and the other two will be bonuses.

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2009 at 12:57pm

Possession has been postponed again, which means that next week's Worst New Movie of the Weak is now very clear.

The prequel of the vicious Underworld series is set to come out next week.  The trailer was set in total darkness, so I couldn't tell what kind of special effects they were using for the creatures.  The film plans to tell how this war began and most of the cast members are the same, which usually means it'll probably turn out better than most prequels.  However if the past is any indication, then the critics will probably kick this one like they did the other two.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 4:12am
Underworld 3, with the HORRIBLE subtitle "The Rise of the Lycans" has the vampires fighting Lycans, AKA Werewolves, as they have been doing. I like the idea of going back in time, as one of my biggest problems with Underworld up until this point has been the guns, which really make the vampire aspect a mood point.

I liked the Underworld movies (when I stop trying to see it as a vampire movie), and I'm going to see this, but I'm going to set my expectations somewhere in the realm of Bangkok Dangerous, in the hopes I might get SOME enjoyment out of it. Don't worry HeadRazz, I doubt I'll be coming back from it to defend it... If I make it back at all.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 7:29am

I'm thinking this next week's Worst New Movie on DVD is going to be Saw V or Repo: The Genetic Opera (it could even be both).

RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2009 at 4:38am

How the Saw franchise never gets any Razzie nominations is beyond me. They look so horrible, and the reviews progressively get worse as one gets released after the other. Or does Lionsgate paint their movies with a sheen that prevents them from even being Razzie-worthy (i.e. Tyler Perry's Christianity propogandas/soap operas).

Hey, HeadRAZZ, are we gonna move on to a 2009 forum very soon?

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: At least 3 of the 5 SAW titles have been listed on our Nominating Ballots over the years, but our voters never seem to "elevate" them into the final five in any category. Given that they've mostly been competing against the HOSTEL franchise in the same catgegories, maybe our members have somehow decided the HOSTEL films are actually worse... 

On the subject of 2009 Forums, several are already posted (BRIDE WARS, HOTEL FOR DOGS, THE UNBORN and UNDERWORLD: RISE OF THE LYCANS) as well as a running LIST of ELIGIBLE 2009 RELEASES... 

You think you know, but you have no idea.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2009 at 4:59am
Saw 1 was pretty good, and 2 wasn't overkill yet. 3 and beyond should probably deserve notice. And I got conned into watching Diary of a Mad Black Woman. Yea, that was no fun. Tyler Perry really needs to be stopped, or at least have another black filmmaker step up to take his place and make some more... not... Christian propanda...y... movies.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2009 at 11:46pm

I can't find the nominees on the web.  Haven't you revealed them?

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: They auto-posted at 5:30am/PST. Here's the LINK...

movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2009 at 11:35am
The first Saw was decent, but it was not what many people are saying it is,
saying it's "comparable to The Silence of the Lambs". Come on, it was more
of a gorefest than a psychological thriller like Lambs was. And not to
mention every ending to those movies seem to be a setup for another
sequel(No trilogy that doesn't have more than 30 minutes of story should
make more than 3 movies, let alone 5).
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2009 at 12:09am

Oh my, I have news that will make Razzie voters' mouths water.

"Arnold Schwarzenegger is heading back to the big-screen - he has signed up to appear in fellow muscleman Sylvester Stallone's upcoming film The Expendables.

Schwarzenegger put his acting career on hold when he was elected Governor of California in 2003. But he is set to make a return with a brief appearance playing himself in Stallone's star-studded movie.

The film, about a team of mercenaries heading to South America on a mission to overthrow a dictator, will also star Ben Kingsley, Eric Roberts, and Mickey Rourke. Filming is scheduled to start shooting next month."

Schwarzenegger and Stallone in a movie together?! Not to mention poor Kingsley, the way his career has gone to hell as it were, and Roberts whose career has it's share of ups and down (I saw this clip of him in a movie in which the last spoken line of dialog was "Ever sky dive naked into a volcano?" WTF?!). And Rourke, this is how you follow up an Oscar worthy preformance? My head hurts just thinking about it.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2010 at 3:13pm

Worst movies of the year:

4#THE EDGE OF LOVE.

3#NICK & NORAH.

2#THE VISITOR.

1#SEMI-PRO.

Best comedies of the year:

4#MEET DAVE.

3#BURN AFTER READING.

2#WALL·E.

1#TROPIC THUNDER.

Best dramas of the year:

4#RACHEL GETTING MARRIED.

3#CHANGELING.

2#SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE.

1#GRAN TORINO.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2010 at 4:25pm

Movie ratings:

1)*/*****:

-ONE DAY YOU’LL UNDERSTAND got 0%/1,0/F.

-SYNECDOCHE,NEW YORK and THE EDGE OF LOVE got 10%/1,0/F.

2)**/*****:

“NICK” & “NORAH”’S INFINITE PLAYLIST and ROLE MODELS got 30%/3,0/D-.

3)***/*****:

-“ADAM” RESURRECTED, LAKEVIEW TERRACE and THE BOY IN THE STRIPPED PIJAMAS got 50%/4,5/C-.

-BROKEN WINDOWS, DEFINATELY,MAYBE, PINEAPPLE EXPRESS, THE BROTHERS “BLOOM”, THE WRESTLER and “VICKY” “CRISTINA” BARCELONA got 60%/5,0/C.

4)****/*****:

-AUSTRALIA, DOUBT, EL FRASCO/THE BOTTLE, CHERRY BLOSSOMS, THE DARK KNIGHT and THE HURT LOCKER got 70%/5,5/B.

-“21”, DIE WELLE/THE WAVE, EL REGALO, RACHEL GETTING MARRIED and SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE got 80%/6,0/B+.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 394041