Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > COMPLETE LIST of ELIGIBLE 2007 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Funny Money

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Funny Money
    Posted: March 28 2007 at 5:05pm

Please, anybody who cares, please rent Funny Money and tell me it's as bad as I recall it was.  IMDb's users rating for the movie started out at 7.4 before it hit the theatre for one week, and now it has dropped to 5.3.  It's hard to believe that 3 out of the 4 critics who rated Funny Money at Rotten Tomatoes said it was fresh; this movie was easily the worst movie I've seen this year next to Epic Movie.  It's now available on Netflix.  Unless I've totally lost my sense of humor, you'll be looking at a worst movie, worst screenplay, worst director, worst actor (Chevy Chase), worst actress (Penelope Ann Miller) and worst supporting actor (Kevin Sussman).  I've reviewed that movie earlier on this forum, and my opinion has steadily gotten worse as time goes on.  I'd almost want to keep playwright Ray Cooney out of this, but I found on IMDb that he was an executive producer, so he should get the blame along with everyone else.

All that said, I don't know if it would qualify as a Razzie since hardly anyone has seen it (Box Office Mojo puts its receipts at less that $3000).  But it's a stinker.  At least I think it was.

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2007 at 7:15pm

I'd like to thank the four critics who panned this movie so far, although that's obviously not enough to correct its Rotten Tomatoes rating of 43%.  It needs to go lower. 

I'm glad to see Chevy Chase is avoiding any more bad movies according to IMDb, but I'm sorry to see that's because he is not working on anything.  He has a great talent for the comedy of the everyman, and I'd like to see him do more.  I especially hope he doesn't close out his career with this stinker.

Post Reply Post Reply