Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Movies in General...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Garfield 2 Director 2 Helm The Chimpunks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Garfield 2 Director 2 Helm The Chimpunks
    Posted: March 12 2007 at 6:00am
The CHIPMUNKS Dig Up Their Dave
Monday March 12 12:28 PM ET

Jason Lee, star of NBC's My Name is Earl, will be the straight man to three digitally animated singing chipmunks in the Fox 2000 feature.

By Dennis Michael, FilmStew.com

OOOOH-Kaaaaaayyy! Jason Lee is going into chipmunk territory. Daily Variety reports the actor will head up the human cast in Alvin and the Chipmunks, a combination live-action/computer animation feature that will revive the 1950's novelty record act that became a 1960's television animated series.

The original "David Seville" was in reality Ross Bagasdarian, the producer behind the specialty act, who also provided the voices for the Chipmunk characters, Alvin, Simon, and Theodore. Ross Bagasdarian Junior is on the remake's production staff. Tom Hill will direct the film from a script by Jon Vitti.

Hill's directing credits include Max Keebler's Big Move and Muppets From Space, as well as Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties, which he also co-wrote. Jason Lee is getting used to this 60's animation revival thing; he's also the voice of the title character in the Disney/Spyglass feature Underdog.

wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2007 at 3:27pm

SEVILLE:  JJAAAAAAAAAASSSSSOOOOOOOOONNNNNN!!!!! 

His mother may well be saying the same thing if he doesn't give it his all in this role.  Although there's always the chance it might do well, right now I'd be more interested if they'd just get the Ruby-Spears series onto DVD (I'm guessing music rights issues are probably the holdback)...

tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2007 at 4:37pm

Yeah, I use to watch Alvin & The Chipmunks on TV when I was a Kid. I'm just hoping this one turns out okay, considering the director did Max Keebler's Big Move (which was okay movie). I did not care much for Muppets in Space, and we all know how Garfield 2 came out! I just hope Tom Hill does The Chimpunks right...

Post Reply Post Reply