Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Talk Amongst Yourselves
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

GEEK TALK!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GEEK TALK!!!!!
    Posted: June 02 2013 at 8:11am
2013 seems to be The Year of the Resignations, After the abdications of Pope Benedict and Queen Beatrix... It has now been announced that Matt Smith will be quitting the role of the Doctor in Doctor Who (I know itś far less important as the abdication of a pope or a queen)....

I am kind of a big fan of the series (even though I try to avoid the forums and such because I hate the constant complaining and speculating about the show).... I did start wondering if they might hire big name actor John Hurt for the role since {spoiler}he was kind of announced for the role in the season finale a couple of weeks ago{spoiler}, which I would consider completely awesome...

Anyway I thought I might as well create a Forum page for everything related to "Geek Talk...things like Doctor Who, Star Wars, Star Trek, My Little Pony (for Oiram) and other such time consuming series/films.... Mainly because I think this forum was lacking it.  

So, let your "Inner Geek" come out here... 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2013 at 2:11pm
I've never seen DR. WHO. But I have spent hours and hours on Forums posting about LOST theories, if that counts.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2013 at 2:14pm
I read a lot of comics every week, so I'm probably The Biggest Nerd in this forum! 

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2013 at 4:48pm
I am a computer addict, so yeah, you can call me a nerd, and plus, I love good video games. Stuff like Portal, Tomb Raider, Duke Nukem, and Team Fortress 2. Also, I have sadly not seen Dr. Who, but heard great feelings about it. I dunno, I've been living under a rock and haven't watched an episode, so...yeah.
Pictures move, do they?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2013 at 5:08pm
What do you guys feel about the X-Box One (or X-Bone, as some like to call it). I think it's a bad idea. No backwards compatability, no used or lent games*, and what the Hell is up with the watching TV thing? To explain to less geeky people here, you can watch TV on the X-Bone, except you have to have a regular cable package. So, you can either watch it on your TV with your X-Bone on or just watch it on your TV without your X-Bone on and keep your electric bill down. And that's getting into all that "always-on" bullsh*t!**

*OK, you can play them, but it costs a special fee.
**I know that always-on internet connection isn't officially confirmed, but the very thought of them considering it after the SimCity clusterf*ck is appalling!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2013 at 5:09pm
To be honest, I'm not gonna waste my money on the XBox One.
Pictures move, do they?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2013 at 5:37pm
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2013 at 7:43pm
Tonight's Game Of Thrones was a massive shocker! Every season has an "Oh sh*t, did they really do that?" moment. The first season's was Ned's execution and the second seasons was Theon killing those kids, thought to be Bran and Rickon. I'm not going to go into details, but damn.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2013 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

What do you guys feel about the X-Box One (or X-Bone, as some like to call it). I think it's a bad idea. No backwards compatability, no used or lent games*, and what the Hell is up with the watching TV thing? To explain to less geeky people here, you can watch TV on the X-Bone, except you have to have a regular cable package. So, you can either watch it on your TV with your X-Bone on or just watch it on your TV without your X-Bone on and keep your electric bill down. And that's getting into all that "always-on" bullsh*t!**

*OK, you can play them, but it costs a special fee.
**I know that always-on internet connection isn't officially confirmed, but the very thought of them considering it after the SimCity clusterf*ck is appalling!

I'm not even gonna touch that piece of sh*t-looking console known as the Xbox One or Xbone, whatever you like to call it (it's a god-awful name IMO). The 3 key words that were repeated during their reveal event was: television, sports and Call of Duty. Here's the whole event in a nutshell:

So far, as a long-time PlayStation fan, the PS4 gets my vote for the stand-out console.
1) Because they say that it is first and foremost a game console and entertainment device second.
2) Sony isn't slapping their core consumers (the gamers) in the face at the moment, unlike Microsoft, who seem to have already done that by focusing on the fact that it is an all-in-one entertainment device instead of a hardcore game console.
And 3) While the PS4 doesn't require to be always online, the Xbox One DOES REQUIRE TO BE ALWAYS ONLINE FOR 24-HOUR CHECKS! Even worser, YOU ARE CHARGED A F**KING FEE TO PLAY USED GAMES!!! It's becoming the PC of consoles and it's a bad way of supporting DRM! This is why EA stopped doing Online Passes!

If the PS4 doesn't charge a fee for used games, then the Xbox One is done for and the PS4 will have won the console war. Because, right now, Sony has all the advantages. ALL OF THEM.
I would love to talk more about this, but this is summed up by a great rant from Angry Joe:

Before I go, what's your opinion on Electronic Arts? (or more like Egotistic A**-Holes at the moment) Because they used to be a good company, putting out good games and respecting their consumers. Now, they're one of the worst companies in the world at the moment, being the blatant offenders of micro-transactions, over-priced DLC, turning paid MMOs into free-to-play games, Online Passes (as I stated before, they stopped doing them so that's a sign of improvement), not listening to their customers as of late and rushing out poorly-made games that clearly weren't finished yet (e.g. MOH Warfighter).
Once again, I would love to talk more about this in my next post on this thread. Kudos to Vheid for starting this thread.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2013 at 9:19am
There's a reason EA was voted the Worst Company in America twice in row.  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2013 at 10:45am
Let's not forget on how customers were cheated when they bought EA games.
Pictures move, do they?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2013 at 8:42am
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Tonight's Game Of Thrones was a massive shocker! Every season has an "Oh sh*t, did they really do that?" moment. The first season's was Ned's execution and the second seasons was Theon killing those kids, thought to be Bran and Rickon. I'm not going to go into details, but damn.

I know, right? I assumed that ROBB & CAT would make it until the end of the series. With them dead, the only remaining STARKS are the children. I haven't read the books (and I don't want spoilers from them), but this episode makes me think that, from now on, SANSA, ARYA & BRAN won't care about the Throne anymore and they'll just want revenge. Therefore, it seems like DAENERYS will be Queen.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2013 at 9:29am
Never underestimate George R. R. Martin's love for blowing audience expectations away.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2013 at 3:26pm
Though it isn't that likely that the PS4 will have always-online requirements or such draconian blocking of used games, there's still a risk they might, though it's not as grave as with XBOne. On top of that, there's a sliver of a risk that the XB1 may be used for covert spying on everyone, what they watch, what they do in the living room, and if employers really wanted to, they could erase half of their labor forces overnight. (but I doubt they'd find it worth the trouble, plus there's probably a spike in lawsuits waiting to happen). Even so, no XBOX consoles or PlayStation console(s) exclusive franchises have sparked my interest like Super Smash Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, and Pikmin, which all come from their underrated rival Nintendo. So used game blockage and DRM are not a big threat to my gaming. Alas, I probably wouldn't buy a WII U either if it weren't for the promise of Super Smash Bros 4.

As for the rest of the details on the XBOne, they'd BETTER deliver on their promises of gamers' games at E3, or their fanbase will be wiped away. I think most gamers are interested in the PlayStation 4, with the WII U running a distant second. And trust me on the WII U eventually being worth it. After a few price drops and 5 or 6 major games that we've all come to expect from Nintendo, people will respect the WII U like they respected the 3DS after 15 MONTHS since launch!
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2013 at 3:48pm
Yes, everyone should buy a WiiU (if they want one) after the price drops. When I bought my 3DS, it was literally a week before the price dropped.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2013 at 4:43pm

Yes, the Wii U does need more units sold.

I will admit, I am a fan of the Need for Speed series. Even after a few missteps in the franchise, I still enjoy them. Criterion really brought back the good in the series with NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 and while it wasn't as good as that game, Most Wanted 2012 still had some fun. Rivals is looking promising as a pseudo-sequel to Hot Pursuit, just hoping Ghost and Criterion don't f**k it up.

@GTAHater767 I'm guessing based on your username, you don't like Grand Theft Auto. I'm assuming you're not looking forward to Grand Theft Auto V?
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>