Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > UNDERDOG
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Get This DOG Offa My Leg!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get This DOG Offa My Leg!!
    Posted: July 25 2007 at 6:42am

NOT SINCE CHEVY CHASE STARRED in the UN-RELEASABLE KARATE DOG (LINK) HAVE WE SEEN SUCH an OBVIOUS DOG of a MOVIE. THE JOKES ARE EMBARRASSING, THE SPECIAL EFFECTS LOOK PITIFUL and the SOURCE MATERIAL IS HARDLY WORTHY of SUCH an EXPENSIVE PRODUCTION.

IF THIS ONE ISN'T BARKING UP the WRONG BOX OFFICE TREE, YOU CAN RE-NAME US SPOT, and HAVE US NEUTERED...

YOU'LL BELIEVE A DOG CAN FLOP!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2007 at 9:28am
I just hope they don't do a live-action remake of Tennessee Tuxedo!
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 2:50am
Phineaus J. Whoopee, you're the greatest!
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 4:30am

When the film's this bad,

fans are not slow,

it's HIP-HIP-HIP

and (FAR) AWAAAAAAAY they go! 

At least Wally Cox has been long in the grave and won't see his greatest character demolished! 

ArtGirl138 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 8:14am

When will people learn? There's just some cartoons that can't work in live-action. I mean, granted, there's been great live-action comic book movies, but animated series, when given the live-action treatment, tend to be more than a little subpar.

A few of the most notorious examples? Rocky & Bullwinkle, both live-action Scooby-Doo movies, The Flintstones...need I go on?

So why bother with a live-action Underdog movie? Why not just leave the source material alone?

*sigh* I need to de-stress myself...between this and the Bratz movie, I'm gonna have a LOT to be aggravated about, movie-wise.

Self-Proclaimed Cartoon Geek
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 1:31pm

They want to milk every single dollar out of everything.  And sometimes, even the crappiest of movies still perform well (cough) Adam Sandler (cough).

Oh, have you heard that they are making a live action Jetsons movie?  Eventually, all the classic cartoons will go to live action flicks.  Dare we say...live-action Turbo Teen?

dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 5:05am

PLEASE TELL ME THIS WILL BE NOMINATED FOR Worst Remake Or Rip-Off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response from Head RAZZberry: You never can tell what our Voting Members may do at year's end. But I gotta say for myself, it's been years since I saw promotional materials as lame as those for this movie, so I expect I'll be voting for it all over my own Nominating Ballot! 

tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 5:29am

The rip-off that comes to mind is from a show called My Secret Identity, where every day person get Super Powers from lab accidents. Here's a LINK to the IMDb Plot Summary for My Secret Identity:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0094516/plotsummary.

Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 8:52am

Oh Lord! When will they stop making these horrible talking animal movies!!! On top of other talking animal movies, it's also based on a cartoon show from the 70's. Did they think this would be the "Scooby-Doo" of 2007?

Response from Head RAZZberry: Actually, UNDERDOG could be the SCOOBY DOO of 2007 -- Both of thise live-action remakes were RAZZIE contenders, with the second one "winning" our Worst Remake or Sequel award... 

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 9:52am

The Scooby Doo films are so underrated. I liked those two movies a lot.

As for this, I can't wait for it! I loved the cartoon show! It looks way cool! Oh, this will be the bestest movie ever!

NOTE: If you believed what I said, you're an idiot! To the contrary, I can't believe they wasted so much money on this effects-filled movie. Two other films that makes me want to die: Daddy Day Camp and the Chipmunks movie. 

Response from Head RAZZberry: I just saw the trailer for DADDY DAY CAMP (again) on the head of SIMPSONS MOVIE Friday night. It's definitely my pick as Worst of the Weak for August 10 (though SKINWALKERS and RUSH HOUR 3 also open on that date). As a former Oscar winner (and past RAZZIE nominee) Cuba Gooding looks like he could give Eddie Murphy (who starred in the original DADDY DAY CARE) a run for his money as Worst Actor of 2007.

They also showed a teaser for ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS, which featured one of the 'munks eating his own crap...an apt image for most people's expectations of the film! 

Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 10:42am

Oh yea, The Chipmunks Movie is coming out this Dec. w/ Jason Lee from "My Name Is Earl". Wow! I'm really excited for that one. 

SIKE!!!

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2007 at 4:10pm
WOW! We're probably gonna have 2 terrible dog movies (this and FIREHOUSE DOG)  nominated for Razzies this year. How sad!
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 6:01am

I dunno which special effects look worse -- The ones in this movie, or the ones in "Firehouse Dog".

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2007 at 4:26am
I DO!!! *cough*UNDERDOG*cough*
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2007 at 2:15pm

Man, with this and the chipmunks movie, Jason Lee must be taking lessons from Alan Cumming in "How to destroy a promising career".

JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2007 at 2:42pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>