Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > ALIENS IN THE ATTIC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Get Those Effing ALIENS Outta My Attic!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get Those Effing ALIENS Outta My Attic!!
    Posted: July 21 2009 at 5:00am

WHILE "COMEDIES" AIMED at TEENS HAVE OUTRIGHT SUCKED in 2009, "COMEDIES" AIMED at FAMILY AUDIENCES HAVE BEEN HIT-OR-MISS. AND WE SUGGEST YOU PLAN to MISS ALIENS IN THE ATTIC, the PROMOs for WHICH MAKE IT LOOK LIKE a LOW-END DIZZ-KNEE CHANNEL MOVIE:   

THE CGI WORK on the ALIENS LOOKS PARTICULARLY CRUMMY...

THE CHILD and TEEN ACTORS (ONE of WHOM IS ASHLEY TISDALE from the HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL MOVIES) APPEAR to BE WORKING EXTRA HARD at BEING IRRITATING...

IT's from the DIRECTOR of the MISERABLE 2005 REMAKE of THE HONEYMOONERS...

AND the BASIC PREMISE COULD HAVE BEEN PITCHED as an ALL-BUT-GUARANTEED WAY to GET a FAST-FOOD TIE-IN...

BUT DON'T TAKE OUR WORD for IT -- CHECK OUT the FEEDBACK BELOW, MOST of WHICH WE EXPECT to BE in AGREEMENT with OUR LOWLY EXPECTATIONS...

Kinda Makes Ya Wanna Consider a New RAZZIE® Category: Worst Ensemble Achievement in Child Acting...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2009 at 5:06am
Ashley Tisdale is probably the least offensive of the HSM crew.
-Iron helps us play-
Headbanger14 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Headbanger14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2009 at 5:59am

Are they even trying anymore? I actually saw the Trailer on TV, and at first I thought I was watching advertising for a Disney made-for-TV movie. It's THAT pathetic!

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2009 at 8:04am

I agree:

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Ashley Tisdale is probably the least offensive of the HSM crew.

I actually liked one of her songs...

movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2009 at 11:02am
This movie looks pretty lame, but I will admit that seeing Doris Roberts in
"Matrix" mode did make me laugh.
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2009 at 6:12am

The title "Aliens in the Attic" reminds me of "Snakes on a Plane", in that the whole premise is stated in the title. That type of title worked for "Snakes" but in general it sounds really lame. Couldn't the writers have come up with something more creative?

Thinking of the title makes me want Samuel L. Jackson to pop up in this film and say "I have had it with these motherf*cking aliens in this motherf*cking attic!"

Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2009 at 6:26am
I think that line is said by Ashley Tisdale in this movie.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2009 at 8:12am
Yes, it's during her song and dance number.
-Iron helps us play-
tomsmo35 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2009 at 8:52am

When I saw The Trailer I thought about Gremlins, and playing "Eye of the Tiger" during trailer was intresting. Having Doris Roberts do Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon type Karate stunts also made me laugh. It could be a fun movie...

sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2009 at 2:54pm

Aliens in the Attic sounds like a rip-off a popular Aerosmith album called Toys in the Attic (also a song on that album as well).

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2009 at 4:20pm

Aliens in the Attic sounds to me like its ripping off a popular bowel movement... 

-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2009 at 7:41am
This movie screams "straight to DVD"...as, sadly, do most movies these days...  
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2009 at 8:11am

Seriously... The best major release this week scored a 44% on RT. There was some other stuff that no one saw (or even had a chance to) because it was released in 4 theaters.

We get the extreme arthouse...or the extreme cashgrab. Such a dismal summer for movies!  

-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2009 at 3:58am

Yeah, meanwhile, "Trannies 2" inches its way toward $400 million. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Actually, I doubt TRANNIES, TOO will make it to $400 million. As of July 26, it was at $379m, with a 5th weekend take of about $8, and a drop-off of over 40% from the previous week. But even $392m (my guess for its final gross) is still pretty gross. If I'm right, it'll wind up between STAR WARS III and the original SPIDER MAN on the All-Time Grosses chart...

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2009 at 12:30pm
For everyone concerned that Trannies 2 was going to break records though, that's good enough news.
-Iron helps us play-
 Post Reply Post Reply