Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > I HATE VALENTINE'S DAY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Getting Vitriol, NOT VALENTINES...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting Vitriol, NOT VALENTINES...
    Posted: July 02 2009 at 3:23am

WHEN TEST SCREENINGS for a MOVIE DON'T GO WELL, THEY EITHER TOTALLY BAIL on RELEASING IT...or THEY RELEASE IT in a HALF-ASSED WAY, LIKE THEY'RE DOING with NIA VARDALOS' LATEST TURKEY...

WITH NO OFICIAL WEB SITE, MINIMAL ( IF ANY) TV AD BUYS and a CURSORY RELEASE in ALL of 3 THEATRES, I HATE VALENTINE's DAY MAY BE LUCKY to EARN BACK the OUT-of-POCKET COST of BUYING the PROP BOX of CHOCOLATES SEEN in ITS PRINT ADS.

YET ANOTHER ATTEMPT to "RE-VISIT" (I.E. RIP OFF) the UNEXPECTED SUCCESS of MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING, VALENTINE'S "RE-UNITES" the TWO STARS of THAT FILM for a SMOOCH-by-NUMBERS REHASH THAT'S LIKELY to SATISFY NOBODY (EXCEPT MAYBE the ACCOUNTANTS WHO HELP ITS RELEASING STUDIO WRITE OFF MAJOR LOSSES)...

AND DON'T EVEN GET US STARTED on the IDIOCY of RELEASING a ROM-COM with "VALENTINE'S DAY" in ITS TITLE for 4th of JULY WEEKEND...

VALARDOS: "Yep, it's every bit as romantic as this poster makes it look..."

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2009 at 6:14am
I hope she has another movie lined up for September that's exactly the same kind of RomCom. There's been a serious void in my life since My Life in Ruins, and I feel like it'll happen again after this one bombs out in 2 weeks.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2009 at 4:35pm
Nia Valardos is a one hit wonder, plain and simple.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2009 at 1:22am
At least if she keeps using the same formula, anyway.
-Iron helps us play-
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2009 at 5:05am
I hated her and her 'one-hit wonder' after she robbed "One Hour Photo" of the Best Adapted Screenplay spot.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2009 at 7:40am
It's hard to beat charming and ethnic. Unless you're making "My Life in Ruins".
-Iron helps us play-
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2009 at 4:10pm
If Hollywood is hoping to snag a few bucks, why would they release a movie
like this on the 4th of July and not, oh I don't know, Valentine's Day?!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2009 at 7:32am
I don't think anyone out there is going to find a way to really defend this product. Yea, the timing is assinine.
-Iron helps us play-
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2009 at 12:44pm
HA-HA! HA-HA!
In it's first week, the film grossed a pathetic $5,009 from three screens.

Looks like Nia's career is done for. Plus, she sure is ugly looking.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2009 at 2:15pm
lol Dude, she's not UGLY... She's just not hot enough to be a box office draw, or to get by on looks alone.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2009 at 1:25pm
Seriously, you would think even IFC would have the common sense to release this 5 months ago. February is the crappy movie month anyway.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2009 at 2:43am
I just noticed how tightly he has his lips pursed kissing her. It's like he's trying to get rid of his mouth altogether like that one scene in the Matrix where the agents have Neo before he's Neo.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2009 at 4:03pm

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

I just noticed how tightly he has his lips pursed kissing her. It's like he's trying to get rid of his mouth altogether like that one scene in the Matrix where the agents have Neo before he's Neo.

That, or he's trying to suck the Star Trek brain slug out of her ear.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 8:20am
He looks like he's kissing his grandma... with his dad's shotgun pressed directly against his temple.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 11:03am

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

He looks like he's kissing his grandma... with his dad's shotgun pressed directly against his temple.

No matter which way we put it, this poster just doesn't scream "romance".

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2009 at 7:54am
But this is the fun part, finding different ways to put it.
He looks like he's trying to implode his own head, right next to her head.
-Iron helps us play-
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>