Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > I HATE VALENTINE'S DAY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Getting Vitriol, NOT VALENTINES...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting Vitriol, NOT VALENTINES...
    Posted: January 25 2010 at 2:19pm
It dawned on me less than a week before Christmas. I want Nia Vardalos to get a RAZZIE nomination for this and My Life in Ruins. She isn't Worst Career Achievement caliber, but definitely 2009's worst one-hit wonder.
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2010 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

It dawned on me less than a week before Christmas. I want Nia Vardalos to get a RAZZIE nomination for this and My Life in Ruins. She isn't Worst Career Achievement caliber, but definitely 2009's worst one-hit wonder.
Actually, she's a 2002 one-hit wonder, considering how that was when she had her one-hit. And she was up for a Best Original Screenplay Oscar for that one-hit, too. Good thing she didn't win it because that would just further proved how her career went down the drain like Cuba Gooding Jr.'s.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2010 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Michaels

Originally posted by GTAHater767

Actually, she's a 2002 one-hit wonder, considering how that was when she had her one-hit. And she was up for a Best Original Screenplay Oscar for that one-hit, too. Good thing she didn't win it because that would just further proved how her career went down the drain like Cuba Gooding Jr.'s.

Yes, her one hit took place in 2002. I meant to say "worst one-hit wonder to be proven as such in 2009". And on my Best of 2002 (there were only 25 back then)...that's right! No "My Big Fat Greek Wedding!".
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2011 at 5:10pm
I just saw this.

I don't know how to feel about Nia Vardalos.As an actress,she clearly tries hard,but she never gets to the point where you can say she's a good comedy actress or good drama actress(the movie has serious moments).As a writer,the dialogue it's clever in it's own way.By clever I mean the pick of words,but it doesn't sound like real conversations.Plus,it's not always funny.

This movie was a typical rom-com that,unlike some others,this acts like what it says it's new when it really isn't.Cliches are expected,but not so obvious like having the guy serenate to the girl's window.

I gave it 3/10.I gave the same rating to MY LIFE IN RUINS.It wasn't a good year for her.It showed that maybe she just got luck with MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12