Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > GHOST RIDER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

GHOST Toasties??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GHOST Toasties??
    Posted: February 26 2007 at 10:36am
I heard Ben Affleck did a good job as George Reeves in HollywoodLand.
EraFirma View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote EraFirma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2007 at 10:47am
I dunno, I don't trust it. He just always makes me think of some dirty sleazy date rapist. 

"Boy, Rick sure was lucky."
"Lucky? He's dead!"
"Yeah, but how many people get to get hit by a satellite. I'll bet he makes the Guiness Book of World Records."
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 12:00pm
Affleck was very good in HollywoodLand.
tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 5:51pm
I thought he even looked a little like George Reeves. I have not seen it. Guess it's one I'm going to have to rent and watch...
EraFirma View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote EraFirma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 8:24pm
You actually got my curious muscles tic'ing. So i've been reading about it, and due to your suggestions, I'm gonna check it out, I hated William H Macy up until just a year or so ago so....who knows. 

"Boy, Rick sure was lucky."
"Lucky? He's dead!"
"Yeah, but how many people get to get hit by a satellite. I'll bet he makes the Guiness Book of World Records."
WarioGolf View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote WarioGolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 1:20pm
At first I didn't like the movie that much, but the more I think about it, it wasn't that bad! It was way better then Daredevil. (Like that's hard to do!)
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2007 at 9:09am
Well, I thought Daredevil was very good but on the other hand, I finally saw my first 2007 movie: Ghost Rider. It wasn't good. It was okay but definately doesn't deserve a nomination for a Razzie. It was a mindless fun movie that doesn't take itself too seriously.
tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2007 at 3:32am

Over at BoxOfficeMoJo.com they have what they call The PRESIDENT'S DAY COMIC BOOK BATTLE, and  what they have is Ghost Rider vs. Daredevil vs. Constantine, and How Much Money They made over The President's Day weekend. Ghost Rider wins with $110,000,000 followed by DareDevil coming in second $ 102,543,518 and coming in third is Constantie with $75,976,178. You can view more of The Comic Book Battle by clicking The Link below.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?id=presdaycomi c.htm 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2007 at 11:31am
HeadRazz, have you gotten a chance to see this yet? I know you said you enjoyed the inferior Fantastic Four. What'd you think of this one if you saw it?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2007 at 12:15pm

Well, three films most people particularlly didn't like were Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four, and Elektra, but I thought all three were pretty decent.

Response from Head RAZZberry: I must disagree with you on ELEKTRA (I thought for a comic book movie, it was too slow and boring). I'd have to agree, generally, on FANTASTIC FOUR ( although Worst Actress nominee Jessica Alba stank in it, the film itself was actually okay). As for GHOST RIDER, when we ended this year's 27th Annual RAZZIE ceremonies with a montage of possible 2007 contenders, a chant of "GHOST RIDER! GHOST RIDER!" rose from the audience, suggesting that many of our members (and maybe some of the press in attendance) disagree with you about Cage's latest effort...

tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2007 at 3:26pm
Does The Future Hold a Double Razzies Nomination For Mr. Cage? I saw a trailer for Cage's new film "Next," where the concept has a man who can see the future, and change events before they happen. Eventually, he is forced to choose between saving the world and saving himself. It sounded an awful lot like "Minority Report," but I found out it's written by the same person who wrote "Minority Report." You can judge for yourself by viewing The trailer for "Next" at the official site: http://www.nextmovie.com/
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2007 at 10:03am
I will admit that, like Deadguy, I miss the old Nicolas Cage. The one who did good independent films instead of big budget action films. What happened to the intense guy who actually ate a cockaroach for Vampire's kiss, had two teeth pulled for Birdy, and kidnapped a baby for Holly Hunter? ( I pray he didn't do that in preparation for Raising Arizona) I'm not saying that he's not good in the action films he's in ( I liked him in Face/off, Lord of war, and even Ghost Rider). And I heard he was very good in Adaptation.  But I'd have to agree with Deadguy, in that, even though he's still capable of putting on great performances, His peak was 1982-1995 (Ending with his Oscar winning role in Leaving Las Vegas). But again, let me point out that I still consider him a good actor, I just hope he starts doing movies without so many damn explosions
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 9:35am
Next actually looks like a good movie (saw preview before 300). It sounds a lot like Minority Report, Groundhog Day, and Premonition, though...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 8:23am
I think Nicolas Cage should avoid being on the ballot this year, he was good in Ghost Rider, and his cameo in Grindhouse was hilarious.  If Next is as good, as some people think it will be, he'll have come a long way in making up for appearing in The Wicker Man.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2007 at 6:15pm

Ghost Rider was a fun popcorn movie.  I wouldn't vote for it if it were nominated.

And, EraFirma, if you thought any of the comic book movies since X-Men were the worst comic book adaptations, then you haven't seen any of the Captain America movies.  I came across one of them on TV one day, I don't know which one, and to see a full-grown man dressed up like Captain America hiding behind what was obviously a small, plastic shield while moving along. . . . well, sorry people, I just had to change the channel.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2007 at 11:36am

Like I said in the other thread, the majority of the reviews for Next, like Ghost Rider, say that Nic is better than the film he appears in once again. Which again makes me nostalgic for the days when he was good in good films, instead of being good in mediocre projects.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>