Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > GHOST RIDER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

GHOST Toasties??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GHOST Toasties??
    Posted: June 02 2007 at 9:02am
As for the fans chanting "Ghost Rider, Ghost Rider" at the ceremony I wonder how many of them saw the film, and how many of them pulled an "IMDB" and condemned it because it seemed like the cool thing to do without seeing it. It comes out on DVD soon, I think it was way better than The Fantastic Four, but I really want to know HeadRazz's opinion when he sees it.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2007 at 8:25am

I'd have to agree with RAZZ on Elektra, being an avid fan of the comic book series. It wasn't even close to a faithfull apadaptation, and was utterly unimagintive and boring. She was  alot better done Daredevil (which I realize is not saying much)... 

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Well, three films most people particularlly didn't like were Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four, and Elektra, but I thought all three were pretty decent.

Response from Head RAZZberry: I must disagree with you on ELEKTRA (I thought for a comic book movie, it was too slow and boring). I'd have to agree, generally, on FANTASTIC FOUR ( although Worst Actress nominee Jessica Alba stank in it, the film itself was actually okay). As for GHOST RIDER, when we ended this year's 27th Annual RAZZIE ceremonies with a montage of possible 2007 contenders, a chant of "GHOST RIDER! GHOST RIDER!" rose from the audience, suggesting that many of our members (and maybe some of the press in attendance) disagree with you about Cage's latest effort...

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2007 at 8:35am

After seeing Ghost Rider in Theatres I have to say the critics was just a tad hard on it. By no means will we see this in any major catagory's at the oscars's next year (Maybe special effects) but the film was actually very good. Nicolas Cage was not bad but should have been played by somebody just a little bit younger and more hair (They had a hair piece for him in the movie). It remained true to the comic series.

I've also heard the rumor that there getting ready to Green Light a second one as well, so stand by.

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2007 at 11:26am

It wasn't bad, but it could've been a lot better. I didn't like the villains, because htey feel too immature, like for the teens to enjoy and they don't feel serious. I hope the extended cut will improve the original cut. I have yet to see Elektra's Director's cut. I mean, these cuts sometimes make a difference if they're good or not.

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2007 at 4:02pm

I feel in the case of Ghost Rider, the trailer was worse than the movie.  When I saw the trailers, it looked like the movie studios messed up another great comic book.  But, although the movie wasn't great, it was entertaining, a lot of fun, and kept much of the feel of the comic book in it. 

dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 5:36am
Nicolas Cage - Worst Actor for GHOST RIDER and NEXT??? WORKS FOR ME!!!
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2007 at 3:37pm

For Your Consoderation - GHOST RIDER:  

WORST PICTURE

WORST DIRECTOR

WORST ACTOR (NIC CAGE)

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS (EVA MENDEZ)

WORST ON-SCREEN COUPLE (NIC CAGE & EVA MENDEZ)

WORST SCREENPLAY

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2007 at 1:45pm
I was watching this movie with my 16-year-old brother, and it wasn't really bad, but it wasn't really good at all. However, it was the first movie of 2007 to pass the $100 Million mark at the U.S. Box Office, finishing at $115.8 Million, and then it would be followed by 18 others as of now.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 1:29pm

I liked it. I'll problably like "Next" as well. Much, much, much, much better than "Wicker Man".

Response from Head RAZZberry: Actually, I loved WICKER MAN, though admittedly for all the wrong reasons. When we showed the clip of Nicolas Cage in the bear suit beating up the lesbian Wickens, it got some of the biggest laughs in our ceremonies last Spring...

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2007 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

I liked it. I'll problably like "Next" as well. Much, much, much, much better than "Wicker Man".

Response from Head RAZZberry: Actually, I loved WICKER MAN, though admittedly for all the wrong reasons. When we showed the clip of Nicolas Cage in the bear suit beating up the lesbian Wickens, it got some of the biggest laughs in our ceremonies last Spring...

Those clips were funny.  Let's not forget, though, the clip of Cage whipping out a cel phone in the middle of the forest.    I WANT TO KNOW WHO HIS SERVICE PROVIDER IS!    Talk about a missed opportunity for product placement.    If he's gonna make a movie this bad, he might as well make a profit somehow. . . .

Jack Spencer Jr View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Spencer Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2008 at 12:04pm
I have watched this flick recently and I can boil it down to four words:

"Comedy of the year"

Too bad it was supposed to be an action movie with horror overtones.

Seriously, who trained Mark Steven Johnson in how to establish tone, but he's piss-poor at it. Maybe he simply has contempt for super heroes. If so, then I wonder why he keeps making them. At least he doesn't have as much contempt for super heroes as Joel Schumacher and put nipples and a Prince Albert of the Ghost Rider or something.

Too bad Johnson didn't get the nod for writing and directing this crap, but Cage does deserve something for his work. He seemed like he was about to crack up while transforming.

But in the end, Ghost Rider suffers from being a character without any appeal whatsoever unless you're twelve and a bad ass dude with a flaming skull for a head floats your driftwood. For the rest of us, it's nearly impossible what direction they should have taken to make this thing better because just as an idea it's no good.
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2008 at 11:09am
They're making a Ghost Rider Too!!! But WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2008 at 12:39pm

Originally posted by movieman

They're making a Ghost Rider Two!!! But WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Ummmm ... money! Maybe Hollywood will grow a brain and have Christopher Nolan come in as a script doctor, because chances are the script is already flat-lining...

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
carlo View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote carlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2011 at 3:57am
hi --
it's a history forum?
CARLO
Cytheria View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cytheria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2011 at 12:54am
Yeah, I agree.
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2011 at 1:12pm
They are making a sequel because the first one managed to make money. I also saw the first ghost-rider and I though it was okay, but I admit it was a little stupid.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>