Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > MEMBER STARTED FORUMS on 2014 Titles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

GIMME SHELTER

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GIMME SHELTER
    Posted: January 24 2014 at 6:24pm

MEMBER-STARTED FORUM DISCUSSION

A FEW DAYS AGO, IN AN INTERVIEW WITH NYLON MAGAZINE, VANESSA HUDGENS (WHATEVER HAPPENED WITH "ANNE"?) SAID THAT SHE DOESN'T CARE IF SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE HER. DOES THAT MAKE THIS FORUM POINTLESS?

AFTER HER DEBUT IN THE ACCLAIMED THIRTEEN, SHE WAS IN THE INFAMOUS THUNDERBIRDS. BUT SHE DIDN'T BECOME FAMOUS UNTIL THE HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL TRILOGY (SHE WAS IN THE RAZZIE BALLOTS FOR THE 3RD MOVIE). SINCE THEN, EVERY CAREER MOVIE HAS BEEN PRE-PLANNED. SHE WAS IN THE SURPRISINGLY WELL-RECEIVED BANDSLAM BECAUSE IT SEEMED SIMILAR TO H.S.M. THEN IT WAS TIME TO STAR IN MOVIES LESS FOR KIDS AND MORE FOR TEENS: BEASTLY, SUCKER PUNCH AND JOURNEY 2 (ALL FAILURES). THE NEXT STEP WAS TO STAR IN MOVIES FOR ADULTS. WHILE SPRING BREAKERS AND THE FROZEN GROUND GOT GOOD REVIEWS (FOR THE FILMS OVERALL; NOT FOR HER PERFORMANCES) AND CURRENT RAZZIE NOMINEE MACHETE KILLS DIDN'T, NONE OF THEM WERE SUCCESSFUL AT THE BOX OFFICE. THAT'S USUALLY A SIGN THAT AUDIENCES DON'T TRUST YOU CAN MOVE PAST YOUR KIDS/TEEN IDOL STATUS*.

WHICH LEADS US TO HER FIRST OSCAR BAITER: GIMME SHELTER. IT'S THE TRUE STORY OF A HOMELESS PREGNANT TEENAGER. HUDGENS AND HER CO-STARS** ROSARIO DAWSON, JAMES EARL JONES AND BRENDAN FRASER ALL HAVE OTHER RELEASES COMING OUT THIS YEAR. ACTUALLY, FRASER WAS ALREADY SEEN HEARD IN THE NUT JOB. SCRIPT WRITER AND DIRECTOR RON KRAUSS HAS WORKED IN MOVIES THAT DIDN'T EVEN GET ENOUGH REVIEWS TO JUDGE.

SPEAKING OF REVIEWS, THE MOVIE WILL STAY AROUND 20-25% ON ROTTEN TOMATOES. THE CONCENSUS READS "IN SPITE OF ITS OBVIOUS GOOD INTENTIONS, AND THE COMPELLING TRUE STORY THAT INSPIRED IT, THIS HEAVY-HANDED FILM CAN'T OVERCOME ITS CLICHÉ-RIDDLED SCRIPT".

WHAT DO YOU THINK? SHOULD WE TREAT THIS MOVIE LIKE SOMEONE IN NEED OF HELP AND "GIVE IT SHELTER"? OR SHOULD WE KICK IT OUT AND GIVE IT A FEW COINS FOR THE BUS A RAZZIE?

*HERE'S THE LINK TO SEE IF HER NAME WILL ATTRACT ENOUGH PEOPLE TO THE THEATRE. UNLESS THERE ARE HOMELESS PEOPLE ASKING FOR CHANGE OUTSIDE.
**HERE'S THE LINK TO SEE THE OTHER CAST (AND CREW) MEMBERS WHO COULD BE HOMELESS IF THE MOVIE FLOPS.

WHY AM I CRYING? BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW THAT GETTING A RAZZIE WOULD ACTUALLY TURN MY SKIN RAZZBERRY PINK!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2014 at 6:29pm
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 5:33am
Here's another interesting note, her High School Musical co-star (and at one point, actual boyfriend) Zac Efron has two movies coming out, one of them next week.

If they are both bad, is it possible for them to be on the ballots in something like a High School Musical Razzie reunion?

Also, I should mention that if there was any further proof that Furry Vengeance should have gotten Brendan Fraser a Worst Actor win, this was it. Ashton Kutcher is still talked about. Ashton Kutcher still gets roles as the star (no matter how much we don't want it to happen). What has Brendan Fraser done? Animated films? Whatever.

After Furry Vengeance, he has not gotten any big movie roles since, and I am doubting that this counts. He is grasping dearly to keep his movie "career" alive, but this ain't helping. I am almost considering to change my signature to "Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter" to get my point across.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 11:11am
SchmoesKnow review:

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 11:42am
Maybe. But Efron has proven to be a more talented actor than her (even if he hasn't picked the right roles at times).
Originally posted by oiram

Here's another interesting note, her High School Musical co-star (and at one point, actual boyfriend) Zac Efron has two movies coming out, one of them next week.

If they are both bad, is it possible for them to be on the ballots in something like a High School Musical Razzie reunion?

As long as you watch the movie first...
Originally posted by oiram

I am almost considering to change my signature to "Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter" to get my point across.

Post Reply Post Reply