Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > ALL ABOUT STEVE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Give This One the Ol’ STEVE-Ho!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Give This One the Ol’ STEVE-Ho!
    Posted: August 31 2009 at 5:17am

EVERYONE KNOWS THAT WHEN a STUDIO HAS ANY FAITH in a FILM's PROSPECTS, THEY DON'T TEND to HOLD IT from RELEASE for TWO YEARS...

BUT in the TWO YEARS SINCE PRODUCTION WAS COMPLETED on ALL ABOUT STEVE, 3-TIME RAZZIE® NOMINEE SANDRA BULLOCK HAS FINALLY HAD a PAIR of BIG HIT MOVIES (AFTER a LONG ROUGH PATCH) and 3rd-BILLED BRADLEY COOPER STARRED in 2009's BIGGEST-GROSSING HIT COMEDY.

SO NOW, SUDDENLY, WHAT 23 MONTHS AGO WAS NOT CONSIDERED RELEASABLE...IS??  

CRITICS and MOVIE-GOERS VEHEMENTLY DIS-AGREED: STEVE SUFFERED SAVAGE REVIEWS, and BOX OFFICE COLLAPSED as WORD-of-MOUTH QUICKLY SPREAD... 

AGRESSIVELY IN-YOUR-FACE UN-FUNNY, THIS ONE's ONLY POSITIVE IS THAT IT MAY START a WEIRD NEW MOVIE SUB-GENRE: THE STALKER CHICK FLICK... 

BULLOCK: "So, like, what producer do I have to f**k to get off this picture...Oh, wait...I'M one of the producers. So, in a bunch of waze, no matter what I do, Ill end up f**king myself..." 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 1:19pm
Sandra Bullock is like the female Nic Cage.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 1:24pm
I saw the trailer for this ... and I didn't laugh once. In fact, the entire time I was thinking "who thought this was going to be funny and threw millions of dollars away to have it made?".
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2009 at 11:19am
This movie should've been called "The Hangover" --- Bradley Cooper was so drunk that he forgot that he met Sandra Bullock.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2009 at 1:29pm
Brilliant.
-Iron helps us play-
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2009 at 2:13pm
I thought this was going to be a tragedy where Bullock is killed in a tragic accident in the end of the movie and the guys in the film eventually find out what a great and optimistic person she was, even though they were annoyed by her. They didn't know how much she was meant to their lives, mostly Cooper's life. And if you think this is a joke, I really am not kidding. I don't know why I thought of that but that idea was taken from Bridge to Terabithia, a really great film. Maybe I just like those movies where you think something of one person but when that person dies that you feel something that you haven't felt for them before.

In fact, I would love to see this movie if it ends like that, which I really doubt. However, I have a feeling somewhere in the third act that something similar will happen that will eventually break Bullock's heart and Cooper feeling sad for her.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 2:30pm

I've got something you might be interested in:  Roger Moore of the Orlando Sentinel has posted his case that the Razzie for Worst Actress isn't going to Cyrus, Heigl, Hudson, or Stewart (LINK).  Considering his words, this movie could be worse than Speed 2: Cruise Control. 

If that's the case, then its RT ratings will not exceed 2% after 50 reviews.  Of course, the possibility of that happening is 250 to 1. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I hit Miguel's link above, expecting to read a review at least mentioning The RAZZIES. Instead, while Moore does call STEVE "the worst movie in Bullock's career," he not only fails to mention our Awards, but also makes no comparison between the chances of Bullock  and those of Hiegl, Cyruss, et al. Yes, it looks like Bullock does belong on our Worst Actress list for this film...but no, Moore's review was not handicapping the race as Antilsu's entry suggests... 

Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

If that's the case, then its RT ratings will not exceed 2% after 50 reviews.  Of course, the possibility of that happening is 250 to 1. 

Well, we are just over halfway there (26 reviews) and have a nice pair of goose eggs on the Tomatometer.

Do you think things might go Ballistic here?

Maybe this will be the Front-Runner that G. I. BLOW was originally thought to be.  Could this outstink Seltzerberg?

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2009 at 2:43pm
Seltzerberg's track record is not to be trifled with. No one makes movies that consistently that are so constantly horrible and make so much money. At least in the way that they do. I guess you can at least credit Bay with exploding things well. They do NOTHING of value.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 12:00pm

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Seltzerberg's track record is not to be trifled with. No one makes movies that consistently that are so constantly horrible and make so much money. At least in the way that they do. I guess you can at least credit Bay with exploding things well. They do NOTHING of value.

Oh, I don't know, Uwe Boll's track record is pretty neck and neck with Seltzerberg's, minus the making money part.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 5:13pm
Well that's exactly my point, though. They make the purest of crap, and yet it inexplicably makes money.
With Bay, you can at least chalk it up to the fact that people love to see things blow up.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 3:18am

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Well that's exactly my point, though. They make the purest of crap, and yet it inexplicably makes money.
With Bay, you can at least chalk it up to the fact that people love to see things blow up.

Yeah, with Seltzerberg and Bay, it's the one-two punch of no talent hack writers/directors who the studios back and stupid movie goers who are willing to shell out their money to watch pop culture "jokes" and stuff blowing up because they are so starved for entertainment, regardless if it's good or not.

wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 3:43am
So, when a man stalks a woman in the movies, he's automatically the worst kind of scum to walk the earth (and in many ways that is true in the real world, to be fair), but when a woman stalks a man, it's automatically hilarious, even though she may exhibit frightening signs?  That's sexism pure and simple, and a strong reflection of Hollywood's horrible sex relations.  Just once in one of these films, I'd like to see said woman--if and only if she truly deserves it, for chivalry DOES state firmly that woman are to be treated with the utmost respect at all times unless they give you good reason not to--be rewarded for her really sins with a fist to the face, for it wouldn't be as monstrous as they'd make it out to be in today's politically correct Hollywood (although better the man be horrified he's capable of that anyway so the audience retains sympathy with him). 
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 11:42am
Sorry, wetbandit, but if you want a major motion picture in which there's no sexism, than you're going to have to write your own screenplay and enter it in contests in hopes of a studio picking it up and producing it, because H-Wood is not going to make one on its own any time soon.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 11:50am
I wouldn't really say all that. Look at Fatal Attraction for example. And then consider for a moment all of the teen sex comedies where the nerdy guy stalks a girl, and it's just considered cute or whatever you want to call it.
But if you want to talk double standards, yes, they definitely exist. And probably always will.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2009 at 2:22am
Sometimes it depends on who writes the script. If a woman writes or directs a movie, the women are role model citizens and the men are all beer drinking, emotionless, sports obsessed cavemen. If a man writes or directs, the men are as cool as can be and the women are horny, half naked, big boobed sex machines. Such is the way it may allways be.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>