Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

GRADUATE Already, God Damnit!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GRADUATE Already, God Damnit!!!!
    Posted: January 04 2009 at 11:34am
Originally posted by wolfee37

Why are you guys beign so harsh about this film?

Because we see it for what it really is: a soulless money-making attempt buy a studio with no intention of making a quality movie that will last the test of time, but rather to cash in on the latest teen fad. Sorry, wolf, but "Superbad" was a much more REAL look at high school, and we at the Razzies prefer it that way.

wolfee37 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote wolfee37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2009 at 6:38am

Yeah but these films are not targeted at teenagers. They were targeted for little kids and pre teens -- and they were succesful at it.

Do I like Superbad over HSM? f**k yes. But the songs were catchy and the film wasn't that long, so parents (or older brothers) were able to bear it. And the critics liked it!  

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2009 at 11:12am

Originally posted by wolfee37

Do I like Superbad over HSM? f**k yes. But the songs were catchy and the film wasn't that long, so parents (or older brothers) were able to bear it. And the critics liked it!  

The common defense for this movie is "the songs are catchy". Okay, so don't pay to see the movie, just buy the soundtrack instead.

wolfee37 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote wolfee37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2009 at 4:27am
Originally posted by Michaels

The common defense for this movie is "the songs are catchy". Okay, so don't pay to see the movie, just buy the soundtrack instead.

The songs are cathy doesnt mean I am going to buy the soundtrack and dance in my room to it. Plus musicals are just fun to watch seeing people dance and sing and sh*t. But then why did the critics like it, its positive on Rottentomatoes, and you guys ususally pick on movies that are REALLY rotten on there. So why would you pik this movie that is positive. None of you have probably never seen the movie anyways.

wolfee37 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote wolfee37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2009 at 4:28am
Oh and I am not some freaky High School Musical Fan, I just apretiate what the film was trying to accomplish.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2009 at 11:21am

That's like saying there's no need to watch musicals because you can just buy the soundtrack...and that's just stupid.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2009 at 11:44am

Originally posted by moviewizguy

That's like saying there's no need to watch musicals because you can just buy the soundtrack...and that's just stupid.

Stupid? I don't think so. Do you really need to see people breaking out into dance in unison? If that's your thing, just watch music videos, don't pay $10 to see that crap.

markk View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote markk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2009 at 3:24am
I'm not trying to sit on the fence over this, I just want to say that everybody has their own opinion and so we should all just agree to disagree.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2009 at 2:10am
I think it's fair that this didn't get any Razzie nods because I think the South Park episode that parodied it pretty much gave it the come-uppance that it needed: Girls were into it even more so because they liked the guys in it than beause of the music/dancing, etc. Guys got into it because they thought it would help them get girls. By the end of the episode the fad had faded.
And Mr. Queermo went ssslap happy.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2009 at 5:07pm
There is still a chance that this film may get trashed:  Buzznet.com's Music Razzies may give it the death sentence.
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2009 at 4:57am
HeadRAZZ, if you dedicated a forum for everyone to blast HSM, are you gonna do the same for the forthcoming Jonas Bros. concert film and the Hannah Montana movie? Because those are just deserving for critical scud missiles.
You think you know, but you have no idea.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2009 at 10:21am
To make the matter of HSM3 not getting a single Razzie nod worse, now word is that Zack Efron and Vanessa Hudgens will be part of a song and dance number during the Oscars. Ugh!!!
movieluver View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieluver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2009 at 8:13am
it should've been nominated for worst actress and worst screen couple.
zac effron is okay, i guess.
and i suppose this film overdoes cliqiues and characters.
they should finish it with everyone dies
once a movie lover, always a movie lover
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2009 at 3:13pm

I would like to quote a famous painter, Pierre August Renoir, who said the following: "For me a picture must be an amiable thing, joyous and pretty -- yes, pretty! There are enough troublesome things in life without inventing others." Agree to disagree. 

Originally posted by RoadDogXVIII

While I doubt this movie should be in discussion (at RottenTomates.com, it holds a 60% average, and even trusted reviewer Brian Orndrof likes it), I highly hold you in the most esteem ever, HeadRAZZ, for putting the effort in.

Heck, I read the user reviews on IMDB.com, and they all share one thing in common: High School Musical is a negative portrayal of high school life. There's only pretty white and black kids in this film, with nary a normal-looking kid in sight. Now that may not be a problem if it has the gully to satirize it (the first Scary Movie was a slapstick fest, but it made pointed observations about crappy horror films featuring actors/actresses too old for the parts of teenagers), but because the whole endeavor is taken so seriously, anyone who's opposite on screen will have a negative outlook on life.

The second point is that Zac Efron and Vanessa Anne Hudgens are the least talented actors and actresses ever, and they're among the lines of overrated talentless teenagers coming out of the Disney Channel factory. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if Efron winds up becoming the next Hayden Christensen (an insult to Christensen himself), and Mila Kunis looks ten zillion times more beautiful than Hudgens... AND SHE CAN ACT (there can be redemption after Max Payne). The fact that everyone looks up to these two crackers - along with Hannah Montana (or Miley Cyrus, or whatever she is these days) and the Jonas Brothers - is disheartening to the normal people out there who'll feel rejected because they are wise enough not to fall for this junk.

It makes me sick, and this is coming from someone who wined and dined on Disney films in the past.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2009 at 3:16pm

You idiot! I'm talking about films like Chicago and Moulin Rouge! It doesn't take a genius to figure out I'm not talking about the HSM films. 

Stupid? I don't think so. Do you really need to see people breaking out into dance in unison? If that's your thing, just watch music videos, don't pay $10 to see that crap.

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2009 at 10:55pm

Grow the hell up kid! I'm done with you and calling people idiots. You have no credibilty around here to be calling anyone idiots. News flash, punk - you're not smarter than anyone here. ANYone. GTFO of here, and go troll on some other site. I'm done with you.

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: You may be through with him, but I often find moviewizeguy and his "totally counterpoint" postings on our Forum to be amusingly stimulating (as well as usually devoid of any logic or merit).

As for anyone telling anyone else to "GTFO of here," that sentiment is both extreme and inappropriate. While I almost never agreee with anything moviewizeguy posts, I am also aware that, to remain a vital Forum, we must continue to at tolerate (and I would argue, welcome) viewspoints and tastes divergent from our own...

-Iron helps us play-
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>