Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

GRADUATE Already, God Damnit!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GRADUATE Already, God Damnit!!!!
    Posted: October 19 2008 at 12:10pm

HOW CAN THEY EXPECT ANYONE to BUY a FULL-PRICE DVD of the THIRD MOVIE in a SERIES, WHEN BOTH of ITS LAME PREDECESSORS DEBUTED on CABLE for FREE?!?!?

WHO DO THEY THINK THEIR AUDIENCES ARE, HOPELESSLY HUNG UP TEEN-AGED GIRLS with MEGA-CRUSHES on ZAC EFRON...

OH WAIT, THAT IS the AUDIENCE for THIS TRIPE!   

BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN WE CAN'T BITCH, MOAN and KVETCH ABOUT the DEATH of AMERICAN CULTURE as PERSONIFIED by a SERIES of INEPT MUSICALS THAT MAKE TV's THE MONKEES LOOK LIKE MOZART.

FEEL FREE to THROW the FIRST (OR 231st) PUNCH BELOW... 

HIM: "Just think of us as Henry and Eliza...but with acne!!" 

HER: "That's not fair...and I'm no lady!" 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2008 at 12:49pm

I have to agree, it's so stupid that they had the first two movies on cable for free and then released the third in theaters! It's the same trick as when earlier this year Disney claimed the Hannah Montana/Miley Cryus concert movie would be in theaters for "one week only," then "extended" it after it scored #1 in the B.O. What's worse is that this might be the last film for the six main cast members, but then Disney will milk the series more with a new cast afterwards.

Ugh! Damn stupid preteen girls for eating this sh*t up like it's candy! It might as well be called "Saved By The Bell: The Musical" -- it's just as poorly acted and written.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2008 at 2:36pm
I can't stand this series. I mentioned this with my friends and here's what I have to say: It's a big ing piece of donkey  shdjnbsadh    Hinduism  bull.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2008 at 3:39pm
I never liked the High School Musical stuff. It was like so lame, like LAMO! I think this is just completely dumb that they chose to release #3 into theaters and not have it shown on cable, like the first two.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 10:05am

Check out this hilarious video that mocks the first movie in the High School Musical series:  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1GH92mv1cg  

moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 6:30pm

That guy in the picture totally missed the top and bottom buttons of his vest.

Which is a clear indicator of this film's quality. Yep.

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: ...or maybe he meant his oversight as some kind of Ultra-Lame Fashion Statement...

Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2008 at 10:38am

"GRADUATE ALREADY!"???  Be careful what you say, because if they graduate, we get to look forward to College Musical!

BTW, there was an episode of Lewis Black's "Root of All Evil" which was about Disney vs. Scientology, and Disney was declared the Root of All Evil.  Two of the many reasons for the verdict: Hannah Montana...and High School Musical.

tomsmo35 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2008 at 11:35am
I guess I don't bleam Disney they see there is a built audience for High School Musical, so I guess why not try to make some money off The Tweens like they did with Hannah Montana in 3D.
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2008 at 12:53pm

That's what I was gonna say! Me and my cousin were making jokes about how these movies will keep coming 'til they make Retirement Home Musical!

Originally posted by Berrynoia

"GRADUATE ALREADY!"???  Be careful what you say, because if they graduate, we get to look forward to College
Musical
!

BTW, there was an episode of Lewis Black's "Root of All Evil" which was about Disney vs. Scientology, and Disney was declared the Root of All Evil. Two of the many reasons for the verdict: Hannah Montana...and High School Musical.

dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2008 at 2:58pm

These movies are gonna keep going, with new characters while these characters go to college.

And I will be seeing this one, just to see how it is.

Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2008 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

I can't stand this series. I mentioned this with my friends and here's what I have to say: It's a big ing piece of donkey  shdjnbsadh    Hinduism  bull.

You sir win at life.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2008 at 7:31am

What I hate about live-action Disney is how they recast the same six actresses in everything they make, whether it's a TV series, TV movie, or theatrical movie. They did it with Lindsay Lohan, Hilary Duff, Christy Romaro, and now they're doing it with Raven, Brenda Song, and Miley Cryus. Disney must be really cheap to have to hire the same talent over and over again...or they are just too scared to use actresses who don't already have fan bases?? 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: My guess would be that when they sign any new "talent," they put them under a contract giving Disney first dibs on their careers until they no longer have careers...

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2008 at 9:29am

The series isn't that bad. I saw the first movie in the summer, and I found it really entertaining.

Anyway, it's OK for The Simpsons to make a movie, and not this?

Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2008 at 3:37am
Be careful what you wish for, HeadRAZZberry -- this isn't the last HSM movie (at least with this current cast).

Disney is planning a fourth "High School Musical" with an all new-cast, plus some recurring roles (from the teacher staff) for release next year. And there's also a "Hannah Montana" theatrical movie planned for April.

So the attack of the Disney tweens (pincesses-in-training?) is not done yet (Not even Selena Gomez has had her movie close-up yet, except in a direct-to-DVD release)...
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2008 at 8:50am

They clearly forget Walt's dictum when aiming so narrowly like this:  Walt aimed to make films for EVERYONE, not just adolescents who can't add 3 and 5 properly in the first place.  And there's a good reason he rarely did sequels, and this is exactly why:  no fulfillment.  Someone needs to get through to Iger that he may be making bucks now, but people will forget about it all a decade from now. 

movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2008 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by wetbandit82

They clearly forget Walt's dictum when aiming so
narrowly like this:  Walt aimed to make films for EVERYONE, not just
adolescents who can't add 3 and 5 properly in the first place.  And there's a
good reason he rarely did sequels, and this is exactly why:  no fulfillment. 
Someone needs to get through to Iger that he may be making bucks now,
but people will forget about it all a decade from now. 

The only Disney sequel can think of that was an actually "good" movie is
Toy Story 2.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>