Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

GRADUATE Already, God Damnit!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GRADUATE Already, God Damnit!!!!
    Posted: May 24 2009 at 2:07am

Wow. I thought my argument was valid. Buying a soundtrack from a musical ruins the point of watching musicals in the first place. If you think otherwise, I don't know what to say to you... 

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Grow the hell up kid. I'm done with you and calling people idiots. You have no credibilty around here to be calling people idiots. News flash, punk - you're not smarter than anyone here. ANYone. GTFO of here, and go troll on some other site. I'm done with you.

CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2009 at 6:47am

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: You may be through with him, but I often find moviewizeguy and his "totally counterpoint" postings on our Forum to be amusingly stimulating (as well as usually devoid of any logic or merit).

As for anyone telling anyone else to "GTFO of here," that sentiment is both extreme and inappropriate. While I almost never agreee with anything moviewizeguy posts, I am also aware that, to remain a vital Forum, we must continue to at tolerate (and I would argue, welcome) viewspoints and tastes divergent from our own...

I agree with teh idea of having divergent views being a necessity to keeping the forums vital, I do have to argue that having the person with the divergent view constantly make their point by calling people "Idiot" or "Moron" or just calling then "Stupid" is not at all a good way to keep a forum going.

While the "GTFO" sentiment may be seen as a little extreme, and perhaps it is, more civil methods have thus far failed to curb the tide of pointless name-calling and ad hominem attacks. It is rather frustrating to attempt to have a conversation with others when you know you are going to be called an idiot for thinking the Happening was crap.

So while yes, I agree with you, that there is a definant need for new life, and divergent views, I think that we need divergent views that are NOT going to stopp to insulting us for not agreeing with those views...

Just thought I'd post my thoughts on the subject, sir.

Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2009 at 9:59am

Grow the hell up kid! I'm done with you and calling people idiots. You have no credibilty around here to be calling anyone idiots. News flash, punk - you're not smarter than anyone here. ANYone. GTFO of here, and go troll on some other site. I'm done with you.

<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size=3>RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: You may be through with him, but I often find moviewizeguy and his "totally counterpoint" postings on our Forum to be amusingly stimulating (as well as usually devoid of any logic or merit).

<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size=3>As for anyone telling anyone else to "GTFO of here," that sentiment is both extreme and inappropriate. While I almost never agreee with anything moviewizeguy posts, I am also aware that, to remain a vital Forum, we must continue to at tolerate (and I would argue, welcome) viewspoints and tastes divergent from our own...

I'm refering to the myriad times he's called people idiots. Even in the post to which I was referring back to, he was calling what Michaels had said "stupid." I've defended his right to have a different opinion many, many, many, many times. I completely agree with having counterpoint opinions. But to that end, I'm more opposed to childish name-calling. It's not my site, but I'm not going to aknowledge a person who calls everyone else here stupid.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2009 at 10:01am
And I forgot, we have Miguel if we need a differing opinion, and he's always civil and comports himself like an adult.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2009 at 11:50am
I'm cutting all ties with moviewizguy. As Bale said, "We're f'ing done professionally". I'm not answering any of his posts any more. I've gone on for entire ten paragraph long posts about what he does wrong that makes him lose credit with us, that doesn't stop him for calling people idiots, morons, etc. (even in a post that was FOUR or FIVE months old). As HeadRazz said, his posts have little, if any logic or merit, but as dEd said, Miguel has more maturity. I understand we should have counter opinions, but this kid just seems to disagree with us just for the sake of disagreeing with us, and that's called a troll, and trolls usually get banned. But hey, that's just one' person's opinion.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 1:54am

Originally posted by Michaels

I'm cutting all ties with moviewizguy. As Bale said, "We're f'ing done professionally". I'm not answering any of his posts any more. I've gone on for entire ten paragraph long posts about what he does wrong that makes him lose credit with us, that doesn't stop him for calling people idiots, morons, etc. (even in a post that was FOUR or FIVE months old). As HeadRazz said, his posts have little, if any logic or merit, but as dEd said, Miguel has more maturity. I understand we should have counter opinions, but this kid just seems to disagree with us just for the sake of disagreeing with us, and that's called a troll, and trolls usually get banned. But hey, that's just one' person's opinion.

So you seriously think that everyone should buy a soundtrack instead of watching a musical? That's the whole point here. You're arguing that all you need for musicals is to buy their soundtracks. Well, I'm sticking to my point: That ruins the whole concept of musicals in the first place. If you think otherwise, I don't know how "The Sound of Music," "Grease," "Mamma Mia," "Rent," "Annie," etc will be successful. Your logic is flawed, obviously, and I can see you using excuses to diverge from the topic. This, being one of them. If you seriously think everyone should buy soundtracks instead of watching the film, why don't you explain? You're the one who's equally as guilty when you bash when providing no reasons in the first place. Thus, you're the troll. I'm just simply questioning your logic but I'm not surprised you haven't hit on the topic so far.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 1:57am
Originally posted by CriticalFrank

I agree with teh idea of having divergent views being a necessity to keeping the forums vital, I do have to argue that having the person with the divergent view constantly make their point by calling people "Idiot" or "Moron" or just calling then "Stupid" is not at all a good way to keep a forum going.

While the "GTFO" sentiment may be seen as a little extreme, and perhaps it is, more civil methods have thus far failed to curb the tide of pointless name-calling and ad hominem attacks. It is rather frustrating to attempt to have a conversation with others when you know you are going to be called an idiot for thinking the Happening was crap.

So while yes, I agree with you, that there is a definant need for new life, and divergent views, I think that we need divergent views that are NOT going to stopp to insulting us for not agreeing with those views...

Just thought I'd post my thoughts on the subject, sir.

By defending Michaels, you're defending his views on where musicals stand. So you agree that everyone must buy soundtracks to a musical rather than watching the musical? I don't see the logic in that. How can you not call someone an idiot when someone says such an outrageous and rediculous thing like that? Exactly. It's as if a horror movie shouldn't scare or a comedy shouldn't make people laugh. It's illogical.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 1:59am

I'm refering to the myriad times he's called people idiots. Even in the post to which I was referring back to, he was calling what Michaels had said "stupid." I've defended his right to have a different opinion many, many, many, many times. I completely agree with having counterpoint opinions. But to that end, I'm more opposed to childish name-calling. It's not my site, but I'm not going to aknowledge a person who calls everyone else here stupid.

Me calling people stupid is exactly the same as questioning someone's views on something. Michaels have done the same thing to me. He just implies that I'm stupid, which is equally the same of what I'm doing. And there's a difference between offering an opinion and disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing. Obviously, saying one should just buy the soundtrack for a musical rather than watching the musical is disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing because that ruins the whole point of a musical in the first place. I know you'll ignore me, as well as a few others, but you have to see where I stand. How can you seriously defend Michaels for saying such an outrageous thing like that? It's not even funny. And I only call people idiots if I'm truly angry. Obviously, Michaels comment made me genuinely angry. I'm sorry if I acted out of hand.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 2:31am
If someone is an idiot in your opinion you need to preface that every time you use it. Because it's not a term that implies opinion. Consider the following:
"You are a nice person"
"I like corn"
Which comes across as an opinion, and which comes across as something that's an implied truth?
Michaels argument is that there's no need to see a movie if you just like the songs. That you can just buy the soundtrack.
You say (one of many times) that that's just stupid.
He responds with something to the effect that you can just watch a music video if you want to see people dancing to music. Perhaps to imply that the fact that musicals have been less successful since the 80's has been the rise of the music video.
And then, you call him an idiot for having that opinion. Not only that, for not considering that you may have been talking about other musicals, such as Moulin Rouge or Chicago. As if to discount the title movie of this thread, and the focal point of it's discussion as an example.
Now, I, and others, have asked you multiple times to quit using words like "idiot" and "stupid" to refer to other members of the site. You've said that you wouldn't use them, yet continue to do so.
I realize that this isn't my site, and I don't have any recourse but to ignore you. I agree with HeadRazz that arguing with you is fun, when you keep things civil. I feel like I hold up my end when doing so. I'm not tolerating "idiot" anymore, though.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 10:30am
Originally posted by moviewizguy

By defending Michaels, you're defending his views on where musicals stand. So you agree that everyone must buy soundtracks to a musical rather than watching the musical? I don't see the logic in that. How can you not call someone an idiot when someone says such an outrageous and rediculous thing like that? Exactly. It's as if a horror movie shouldn't scare or a comedy shouldn't make people laugh. It's illogical.

I was actually standing up for dEd. I personally am a big fan of theater, and have seen a number of musicals performed live.

And, I want to applaud you here. I am very grateful that you have managed to make your point without overtly insulting anyone. I'm glad you have made this effort. If you could voice your opinions in such a fashion more often, I am sure you would get a lot less anger from other members of the board. We may not always agree with what you say, but If you say it right, we will discuss.

Let's hope this is a new beginning for you.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 12:18am
Originally posted by moviewizguy

How can you not call someone an idiot when someone says such an outrageous and rediculous thing like that?

I didn't see that line earlier. It's very easy. It's called being an adult. And with that, you've pretty much proven my point.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 12:27am

I didn't see that line earlier. It's very easy. It's called being an adult. And with that, you've pretty much proven my point.

I guess I missed that line, too... otherwise I would have had to point out that it is spelled "Ridiculous" ...small pet peeve of mine.

However, I thought that he had managed to express himself in a much more civilized and adult manner, and I had hoped to encourage such expressions...

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 2:27am
He can, but he seems to have to make an effort to do so. Now, I do as well... You guys have no idea how much I dial it down for this site (almost as much as I do when I do politics). But it's not that hard to NOT write idiot. He's tried to stop before, and he keeps slipping it in. And when he uses the argument "how can you not call him an idiot," that implies that he doesn't think what he's doing is inappropriate.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 9:28am

You have a good point there, dEd. However, I still want to try and encourage a more civilized behavior. Even if it is only marginally more civilized, and shows a total lack of realization that what was done was wrong. I mean it may be a long process, but I think given time, and proper encouragement, we can make MWG someone who can post his alternative views, and stimulate discussion without insulting and alienating all others on the board. Then again, maybe I am just an optimist.

As far as dialing it down, do the topics covered here get you that worked up? I know I have personally seen a few movies that I enjoyed being scewered on this site, I just swallow my desire to defend the film, and will generally jump in and try to make light of things. I figure, just because a movie I like is considered "bad" doesn't change the fact that I enjoyed it. 

But seriously, don't let this stuff get you worked up. It's bad for the blood pressure.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 10:38am

He can, but he seems to have to make an effort to do so. Now, I do as well... You guys have no idea how much I dial it down for this site (almost as much as I do when I do politics). But it's not that hard to NOT write idiot. He's tried to stop before, and he keeps slipping it in. And when he uses the argument "how can you not call him an idiot," that implies that he doesn't think what he's doing is inappropriate.

Well, being a fan of musicals, I founded Michael's comment a bit offensive and insulting. Thus, I couldn't hold in the anger.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by CriticalFrank

You have a good point there, dEd. However, I still want to try and encourage a more civilized behavior. Even if it is only marginally more civilized, and shows a total lack of realization that what was done was wrong. I mean it may be a long process, but I think given time, and proper encouragement, we can make MWG someone who can post his alternative views, and stimulate discussion without insulting and alienating all others on the board. Then again, maybe I am just an optimist.

As far as dialing it down, do the topics covered here get you that worked up? I know I have personally seen a few movies that I enjoyed being scewered on this site, I just swallow my desire to defend the film, and will generally jump in and try to make light of things. I figure, just because a movie I like is considered "bad" doesn't change the fact that I enjoyed it. 

But seriously, don't let this stuff get you worked up. It's bad for the blood pressure.

1) In my opinion, I've given him more than enough chances.
2) I don't mean that they make me mad, I just mean that I can have a very, very, very vile sense of humor. I'm refraining from excessive vulgarity and body part jokes.
3) Again, it's not that I'm getting worked up or mad, I'm just not in the mood to tolerate repeated name calling on a (relatively) civilized forum. I know we sorta just screw around a lot, but we're not insulting anyone who's going to read anything here. Unless for some reason Uwe or Paris decided to lurk around.
Michael Bay, on the other hand, I feel I'd be happy to insult to his face. And Costner, obviously.
Quick sidenote: Do you realize how many Costner films have actually been nominated for Razzies? I was looking at the list of all of the Worst Picture nominees since 1980... He's well represented. So for those who wonder why I put so much on him, I offer this: I was right.
-Iron helps us play-
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>