Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > SKYLINE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Guess the Sky DUZ Have Limits!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guess the Sky DUZ Have Limits!
    Posted: November 13 2010 at 3:04pm
NOTE from HEAD RAZZberry: COOL! WHEN WE LEFT for OUR EXTENDED VETERAN'S DAY WEEKEND, WE HAD NOTHING CHOSEN as OUR WORST of the WEAK, SINCE NO REVIEWS WERE AVAILABLE YET on SKYLINE, and UNSTOPPABLE and MORNING GLORY LOOKED UNLIKELY to GET TRULY NASTY REVIEWS. IN OUR ABSENCE, FORUM MEMBERS TOOK UP the FLAG and BEGAN THIS FORUM. 

WE'RE SO BERRY PROUD of OUR BAND of MERRY RAZZERS...OH, and ENJOY!  

WE MAY NEVER FORGET
INDEPENDENCE DAY. IT WAS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF 1996'S WORST TREND IN FILM: BLOCKS BUSTED WITH BAD SCREENPLAYS. IT SET POPULAR CULTURE FOR A FEW YEARS TO COME, AND GOT OK REVIEWS CONSIDERING ITS BIG NAME.

OVER THE PAST YEAR, THE 3RD WORST TREND WAS WASTED TALENT IN BAD PERFORMANCES BY ENSEMBLE CASTS. A FEW MOVIES FROM EARLIER THIS YEAR, LIKE STANDING OVATION, WERE THE POLAR OPPOSITE, STARRING MASSIVE NO-NAME CASTS.

GREG AND COLIN STROUSE, THE BROTHERS OF ALIEN VS PREDATOR INFAMY, HAVE NOW DIRECTED THIS WANNABE INDEPENDENCE DAY SUCCESSOR, BUT IT SPORTS AN ABYSMAL 15% AT ROTTEN TOMATOES AND 27% AT METACRITIC.

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN TO AIRSTRIKE THIS PITIFUL BLEU RIP-OFF A NEW OZONE HOLE!

©Rogue Pictures

WATCHING SKYLINE GAVE ME A BAD CASE OF THE UGLIES!
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2010 at 8:10pm
Considering how bad "AVP 2" was, I'm surprised this brother duo managed to get another movie of their's greenlit. But, like Kevin Smith once said, "In Hollywood, you fail UPWARDS".
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2010 at 8:15pm
I mentioned this in another thread, but this film was made for the bargain basement price of $10 million, and may just barely make it back. After a $4 million opening day, bad word of mouth will probably sink it quickly enough that it will be out there on DVD for you to give to all the people you don't like for Christmas.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2010 at 11:06pm
They managed to get it greenlit because they greenlit it themselves. It was independently produced with a minuscule budget of $10 million. Shocked
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2010 at 5:25am

Let's go through the 'Usual Sci-fi film like this' checklist:

Bad script - check
Characters we don't give a s*** about - check
Overuse of CGI which they think we're gonna be impressed by even though were not - DOUBLE CHECK

In which case... come to the Razzie forum Skyline, we've got candy (eye candy that is).
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2010 at 6:08am
Good thing I didn't see it. I only paid money for Unstoppable instead. Now that movie has a good cast, good script, and a good plot.
Pictures move, do they?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2010 at 10:36am
"A minuscule budget of $10 million"?? Ah, that explains it then. No wonder, considering it looks like a bad Sy-Fy Channel movie with some decent SFX and make-up.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2010 at 5:39pm
I Stumbled out of the theater this morning after seeing SKYLINE. Truly a world class RAZZIE contender. The audience I was with at the Grove were actually goofing on the film a la MST3K and they cheered for the aliens. Most of the film was shot indoors, the script was just plain awful and they kept running up and down the staircases of their condo. You actually wind up HATING the main characters, the film just plods on and on and on to the point you want to go to the box office and demand your money back and a rebate for the diet soda you drank. And believe me, when you walked to the bathroom during the film and you came back, you didn't miss anything! This deserves MULTIPLE RAZZIE NOMINATIONS!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2010 at 6:33pm
Oh yeah, if the crowd goes into MST3K mode (like I did with "Devil"), you definitely have a Razzie contender on your hands!
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2010 at 8:37pm
BTW, that isn't vaporization that is being depicted in that scene.  Those little black spots are people being sucked up into the spacecraft. 
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2010 at 8:48pm
The trailers spoke of vanishing into thin air or something like that. I never heard any trailers explicitly mention spacecraft abduction.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2010 at 9:43pm
You know, I'm never quite sure what to do when you tell someone the truth, and they blow you off for whatever is in their head.

If you won't believe me, please go check it out.  It's the Internet.  The plot is out there already. 

Originally posted by GTAHater767

The trailers spoke of vanishing into thin air or something like that. I never heard any trailers explicitly mention spacecraft abduction.

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2010 at 9:59pm
I deleted the caption. I'm really bad at those.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2010 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

I deleted the caption. I'm really bad at those.

Here you go, just copy and paste:

©Rogue Pictures

WATCHING SKYLINE GAVE ME A BAD CASE OF THE UGLIES!

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2010 at 10:23pm
The picture above is a surgeon general! "Watching this movie will result in loss of vision, and you really don't want this movie to be the last thing you ever see!"
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2010 at 8:33am
Alert!Alert!A sequel is in pre-production...despite the bad box office results.

Please listen to the words of this critic,which I tend to trust:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd9VYqx4Emc

He thinks it's the 2nd worst movie of the year after THE LAST AIRBENDER.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>