Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > STEP BROTHERS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Half-Brothers & Half-Wits...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Stumanji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Half-Brothers & Half-Wits...
    Posted: October 30 2008 at 11:07am

This film had about 3 funny moments, but the rest of it was extremely ridiculous and tedious. This, in my humble opinion, is Ferrell's WORST film.

(But I enjoyed Semi-Pro, dammit!)

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2008 at 3:49am

I prefer this film over Semi-Pro, because Will Ferrell and John C Reilly seem to work pretty well in the same film.  Ferrell's sports comedies really seem to bite the dust.  Other genres are more suitable for Will Ferrell (except for Bewitched). 

"You seem to get along with Dewey Cox pretty well, don't you, Trebek?"

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2008 at 5:44pm

For those who complain about over-the-top comedians who play the same role over and over, just take a look at Adam Sandler. I'm sure some people liked The Wedding Singer, Water Boy, etc., but the two most important movies of his career were Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison -- and I wish he'd have stuck with the moron thing for a while longer.

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Are you suggesting Sandler hasn't consistently played "morons" throughout his career?? 

-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2008 at 3:45am

True, his Happy Gilmore, Bill Madison, Little Nicky, and Water Boy characters were all morons. As of late, he has played somewhat smarter characters (which just means his characters are now of average intelligence). It's not Sandler's acting that annoys me, it's his movies' scripts: They are all the same in dialog and plot. This is why, if you have seen one of his movies, you've seen them all.

I'm not counting "Spanglish" or "Punch Drunk Love." You know, movies that he didn't have complete creative control over.

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

For those who complain about over-the-top comedians who play the same role over and over, just take a look at Adam Sandler. I'm sure some people liked The Wedding Singer, Water Boy, etc., but the two most important movies of his career were Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison -- and I wish he'd have stuck with the moron thing for a while longer.

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Are you suggesting Sandler hasn't consistently played "morons" throughout his career?? 

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2008 at 4:03pm

Some more intentional than others.
-Iron helps us play-
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2010 at 8:41am
Here's the problem:People think that acting inmature and acting like a child is the same.It isn't.The Frat Pack members usually act like inmature grown ups,but this time they're actually acting like children,which most likely will dissapoint fans of The Frat Pack,but it's still funny,although not for an hour and a half.Nevertheless it's still a funny,and a masterpiece compared to SEMI-PRO.And I think the worst in the movie was John C. Reilley.I know he was being over the top on purpose to be funny,but he just wasn't.The funniest was in fact Richard Jenkins.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2010 at 8:54am
Boats & Hos was a brilliant musical number. That's an indisputable fact.
-Iron helps us play-
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2010 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Vits

Here's the problem:People think that acting inmature and acting like a child is the same.It isn't.The Frat Pack members usually act like inmature grown ups,but this time they're actually acting like children,which most likely will dissapoint fans of The Frat Pack,but it's still funny,although not for an hour and a half.Nevertheless it's still a funny,and a masterpiece compared to SEMI-PRO.And I think the worst in the movie was John C. Reilley.I know he was being over the top on purpose to be funny,but he just wasn't.The funniest was in fact Richard Jenkins.
True. The Frat Pack are known for acting immature in their movies, but here, they are actually acting LIKE CHILDREN, even to the point that they get into a fight with little school kids. It's not the same type of funny.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2010 at 2:14pm
Ironically,this one had better reviews than the previous ones.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2010 at 4:37pm
For as much as some people seem to hate Step Brothers, I'm going to have to consider this a terrible movie that I loved.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2010 at 6:02pm

For as much as some people seem to hate Step Brothers, I'm going to have to consider this a terrible movie that I loved.
I believe that is called a "guilty pleasure".
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 12:17pm
It can't really be guitly pleasure.It's not considered a bad movie in general.Although I supposse if you do,then maybe it's your and not a guilty pleasure.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Vits

It can't really be guitly pleasure.It's not considered a bad movie in general.Although I supposse if you do,then maybe it's your and not a guilty pleasure.
Oh yes, I know I have my share of guilty pleasures, like "DOA: Dead Of Alive", "D.E.B.S.", "Charlie's Angels 1 & 2", the "Underworld" movies, or just about any movie that features half naked women that kick @$$. It makes my pants happy.Star
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 9:47pm
Haha... DOA is one of my favorite fighting games ever, and the resulting debacle of a movie is an eternal inside joke between me and some of my friends.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2010 at 6:49am

Haha... DOA is one of my favorite fighting games ever, and the resulting debacle of a movie is an eternal inside joke between me and some of my friends.

And both Street Fighter movies are on-going jokes with my friends! I prefer the anime versions of SF anyway.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2010 at 1:41pm
I just wrote a review in Rotten Tomatoes about this movie.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/user/812172/reviews
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123