Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > HANNAH MONTANA: THE MOVIE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Hannah, Montana, Banana-Fannah...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hannah, Montana, Banana-Fannah...
    Posted: April 06 2009 at 4:34am

MAYBE the APOCOLYPSE ISN'T GONNA BE THIS YEAR AFTER ALL: IN a HOPEFUL SIGN for TEENAGE POP CULTURE, the SOUNDTRACK ALBUM for THIS COUNTRY-FLAVORED BIG-SCREEN RE-INCARNATION of ONE of DIZZ-KNEE CHANNEL's MOST IRKSOME 'TWEEN IDOLS DEBUTED with SALES ABOUT HALF of WHAT HER PREVIOUS CD SOLD. 

NOT THAT the ALBUM and the MOVIE WON'T STILL BE HUGELY PROFITABLE, SINCE THEY'RE BOTH MAKE-a-FAST-BUCK AFFAIRS THAT WERE DESIGNED to BE MONEY-MAKERS NO MATTER WHAT.

AND, NO MATTER WHAT 11-YEAR-OLD GIRLS MAY SAY in HER DEFENSE, WE CAN'T STAND MUCH MORE of MILEY/HANNAH (ESPECIALLY IF SHE's GONNA "GO COUNTRY" ON US). AS FAR AS WE'RE CONCERNED, the MUSIC from THIS FILM IS the ONLY SERIOUS CHALLENGER to SYVESTER STALLONE's WARPED WARBLING in RHINESTONE to RANK AS WORST COUNTRY MUSIC ALBUM of ALL TIME (AND, YES, WE KNOW THAT to MANY of YOU, THAT's KINDA REDUNDANT).

SO HERE's YER CHANCE to GIT OUT YER WHOPPIN' STICK an' GO AFTER HANNAH/MILEY REAL GOOD.

ENJOY YER-SELVES, NOW, YA HEAR?!?!  

MILEY: "So, did you want me to sang like I actually know what I'ma doin', or kin I jess do what I been doin' all along..."

CHELSOM: "I don't know which is more embarassing -- That Worst Director nomination I got a few years back...or having this movie on my resume'..."

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2009 at 6:15am
Do I go after that Hannah girl or the Miley girl... I just don't know! I wish that there were only one of them!
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2009 at 8:24am
Any director who claims that Miley Cryus is Oscar worthy should get a Worst Director nod based on that remark alone! 
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2009 at 12:04pm
This movie will break box office records -- Trust me!
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2009 at 12:32pm

All of us here on this Folrum are hoping it'll break a box office record, too. The one that was set by "Bangkok Dangerous" -- meaning the lowest opening week ever.

Hey, we can dream, can't we?

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2009 at 1:09pm
Honestly, I have high hopes for this movie doing only mediocre with the recent non-hits from their live action movies. It'll do alright, I'm sure.
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2009 at 6:28pm

I'm hoping this film will be a huge bomb, then hopefully the powers that be will finally stop making this crap...

More than likely, they'd still green light a sequel.

Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2009 at 1:02am
Here's something fun I just saw. For some reason, Rotten Tomatoes did a "5 favorite films with Billy Ray Cyrus." Pretty predictable: Bonnie and Clyde, Good bad n ugly, Horse Whisperer... Blue Velvet...? and then... TWILIGHT?!!
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2009 at 9:48am
As for moiewizguy's claim that this movie will break box office records ... that's impossible. All B.O. records are owned by either by "Titanic" and "The Dark Knight". The only record "Hannah Montana" can win is biggest opening in April, that's it. In order to break any of record owned by "T" or "TDK", "HM" has to open with a $20 million on a midnight showing. I doubt any parents will let their kids stay up that late on a school night. Then, the movie would have to make $50 million on the opening Saturday and Sunday, for a total of a $120 opening weekend. After that, "HM" will have to stay #1 for the next two months (not possible with "Wolverine" around the corner) and only drop each week by 20% (not possible with this trend of movies dropping by 50% the next week). The end result would be a grand American total of $550 million, and an global take of $500 million (not possible, as Hannah Montana fever is only an American problem). The truth: the movie will only make anywhere between $80-100 million opening weekend, and will leave theaters at a modest $200 million, if that. End of story.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2009 at 11:47am
Well, technically, he DID just say a rather generic "records" which could mean "Biggest opening for a not-really-that-musical-musical" or anything like that.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2009 at 2:29pm

I have an idea...I'm almost afraid to post it...Disney just might do this:

High School Musical 4 starring....Miley Cyrus. Miguel thinks that this Hannah movie will break box-office records...no it won't. But if you think the above wouldn't make a jillion dollars....

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2009 at 3:34pm

I think it most likely won't make it past $150 million anyway. In fact, I'm not expecting this to be a B.O. hit, but then, I'm no predicture of the future, 'cause the future comes to us unexpectedly.

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2009 at 7:01pm
I am hoping this one might get lost in a somewhat crowded barrage of New Releases...

I'm praying to the Box Office gods right now... I will go see that damned Dragon Ball movie, if the Hannah Montana BS will just end already...

Hell, I'll see the Dragon Ball movie TWICE if it means an end to HM...
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2009 at 5:00am
MiguelAntilisu is going to cum buckets when he sees this. He claimed this was gonna be the death of the Disney Channel.

Want proof:
* Recent releases based on Disney's latest trends suffered poor ticket sales - High School Musical 3 recieved a gross of $90,556,401 (despite a long stay in the box office), while Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience not only couldn't beat a Tyler Perry film, but spent 5 weeks in theaters and made only $19,161,363.
* Miley Cyrus caught up in a photo scandal - She did a poor impersonation of a Chinese stereotype.
* Venomous hate from former Disney fans - They think Disney's out to swindle parents out of money, which ain't such a good idea in the case of our unstable economy. That I'm not too sure of, but it's a popular argument in the YouTube message boards.
* Miley's cancerous comic timing and musical "talents" - Like Brenda Song, she thinks she's the Lucille Ball of the Teen Beat generation, and her songs sound like something out of a Kidz Bop album. You wanna throw something at her instead of falling for her.
* Small buzz - For a film based on a highly marketable property (Hannah Montana sh*t is everywhere), Disney waited until now to release TV spots. And at RottenTomatoes, there aren't many reviews posted, just two from Variety and Hollywood Reporter.
* Poor soundtrack scales - Like HeadRAZZ said, the soundtrack debuted with sales about half of what Hannah's previous record sold. I could care less which one that was.
* The scene where Hannah and Tyra Banks fight over shoes - Tyra is making Oprah Winfrey money, so I don't think she should be making an ass out of herself appearing in one of the most cringe-worthy scenes ever. Who knew stuff like this was acceptable these days?
* Sappy - I saw some of the dramatic scenes in the trailer, and boy, was I ready to put a bullet in my head. Oh, and Billy Ray Cyrus = lousy actor.
* Jason Earles (Jackson) gets an older love interest - Melora Hardin, 41, plays the object of affection for Miley's bro. This one is TOO easy.
* Vanessa Williams - In a blatant rip-off of last year's Sex and the City movie, Miley Cyrus gets a sassy black assistant. This time, it's one of the stars of Ugly Betty.

That's pretty much all the bases covered.
You think you know, but you have no idea.
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2009 at 9:44am
And here's another reason:

* Bad Reviews - Just got back from RT, and it's sitting at 29%. Though some of the bad reviews like the film. We'll see.
You think you know, but you have no idea.
Headbanger14 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Headbanger14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2009 at 3:07am

I swear if Cyrus doesn't got Razzies for Worst Actress, I'm going to puke. She can't sing, can't act and is the biggest attention whore since Britney.

I'm already steaming that Disaster Movie and Star Wars: Clone Wars didn't win at the last Awards. If Cyrus doesn't win the next one, I've given up hope.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>