Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > HANNAH MONTANA: THE MOVIE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Hannah, Montana, Banana-Fannah...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hannah, Montana, Banana-Fannah...
    Posted: April 09 2009 at 4:01am
Oops, I made a mistake earlier. Melora Hardin plays the love interest to Billy Ray Cyrus, not Jason Earles. Well, that removes the pedophilia from the film, but it doesn't make it any better.

By the way, here's a review that accurately matches our opinions. Circa Metromix:

The buzz: How did Disney form a comedic musical franchise around a washed-up, non-funny country singer and his daughter—who can barely sing and whose acting style makes Amanda Bynes look subtle? (Makes you fear for what else the company is capable of.) At least Hannah gives five-year-old girls a lunchbox icon who isn't Britney Spears.

The verdict: Brilliant comic ideas include the explosion of a cake, the tipping of a ladder and the disappearance of a ferret. Sure, the careless, laugh-free "Hannah Montana" doesn't deliver any negative messages. But it also doesn't teach youngsters a gosh darn thing about honesty or family, and it doesn't even give Hannah/Miley any identifiable characteristics for girls to admire. (Quick, name three of her personality traits! Not so easy, is it?) No, this is nothing but an impersonal product manipulating kids who don't know better. All "Hannah Montana" does is steal their lunch money.

Did you know? If you can survive the following moments, you are either under the age of six or have superhuman patience: Hannah and Tyra Banks wrestling over shoes; Miley switching bowls to trick a tabloid reporter into eating super spicy salsa; and Miley leading a group in the "Hoedown Throwdown," a hip hop-meets-country line dance declaring, "Pop it, lock it and polka dot it." That is just so wrong.

NOTE: At least Amanda Bynes is TOLERABLE.
You think you know, but you have no idea.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2009 at 2:51pm

Yeah, that review is spot-on. Leave it to Disney to create this piece of crap and somehow have it end up a huge hit, thanks to the great American hype machine (and the power of children not knowing any better).

At least Amanda Bynes is not being shoved down our throats on a daily basis as being the greatest thing to happen to the enertainment industry in recent memory. All signs point to his movie bombing, so let's hope so. I foresee a first week box office take of only $10-20 million (in a perfect world, it would go the way of "12 Rounds" and make $5 million or less). I expect this one to drop off the face of the Earth rather quickly. There is one good thing that has come from all this: it was already decided that there will be no sequel. Gasp, H-Wood created a stand-alone movie! I thought such a thing never happened any more!

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2009 at 9:06am
It will disappear, believe me. Come May, and we'll soon see a number of films that will take Hannah Montana down for sure. Terminator Salvation (the latest trailer with the NIN music did it for me), Up (Pixar!), and X-Men Origins: Wolverine (here's hoping there's a semblance of classic 20th Century Fox to make the film successful; I don't see emo Rogue, and Ryan Reynolds was born to play Deadpool).

By the way, how about Zac Efron's new film 17 Again getting strong reviews? WTF is that? It's not set in stone, though.
You think you know, but you have no idea.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2009 at 9:41am

I just went over to RT, and was surprised by the immensely positive reviews for 17 Again. I knew they would be positive but not this positive! The film looks funny, and sweet ,too. However, the 94,353,897 commercials coming on TV 24/7 are annoying me...

Originally posted by RoadDogXVIII

By the way, how about Zac Efron's new film 17 Again getting strong reviews? WTF is that? It's not set in stone, though.

sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2009 at 5:47pm
Let's see tomorrow how much it has made at the Box Office for Friday. It's gonna be mostly girls, little and teen, who may go see this. Ugh! Not my 13-year-old sister though. But you all know about that, and I don't really want to tell ya 100 times.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2009 at 12:36am
Originally posted by RoadDogXVIII

It will disappear, believe me. Come May, and we'll soon see a number of films that will take Hannah Montana down for sure. <span style="font-style: italic;">Terminator Salvation</span> (the latest trailer with the NIN music did it for me), <span style="font-style: italic;">Up</span> (Pixar!), and <span style="font-style: italic;">X-Men Origins: Wolverine</span> (here's hoping there's a semblance of classic 20th Century Fox to make the film successful; I don't see emo Rogue, and Ryan Reynolds was born to play Deadpool).By the way, how about Zac Efron's new film <span style="font-style: italic;">17 Again</span> getting strong reviews? WTF is that? It's not set in stone, though.

17 Again looks like one of the... well, great movies-that-I-don't-want-to-see of all time. Just... awful.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2009 at 5:55am

Hannah grossed $17 million opening day... 

Originally posted by sportsartist24

Let's see tomorrow how much it has made at the Box Office for Friday. It's gonna be mostly girls, little and teen, who may go see this. Ugh! Not my 13-year-old sister though. But you all know about that, and I don't really want to tell ya 100 times.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2009 at 10:43am
The top spot of the week is going to be between "Fast & Furious" and "Hannah Montana". If I had to choose between the lesser of two evils for the win, I would have to guess "F&F".
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2009 at 12:20pm

Look at how many loony bin reviews have been posted on RT: 30.  Have these critics finally cracked?

I'm just hoping that this wins Worst Picture, Worst Actress (Miley Cyrus), Worst Screen Couple (Miley Cyrus and her alias), and Worst Director (Peter Chelsom).

wolfee37 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote wolfee37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2009 at 5:45pm
"Whether it's because of some innate talent or a life spent in the spotlight, Miley Cyrus is a genuine star, and carries the movie with her G-rated energy and approachable charm."

Unlike all of you I actually do my research on films. Miley is getting great reviews for this film, and the film itself isn't gettign that bad. I really need to create my own razzies and do it properly. You guys NEVER get it right and sh*t like this pisses me off. You judge books by their covers and dont even bother giving the film a chance. Razzies shoudl be a great and funt hing but you guys have no idea what your doing. Please send me an email and I will do it properly.
wolfee37 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote wolfee37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2009 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Look at how many loony bin reviews have been posted on RT: 30.  Have these critics finally cracked?

I'm just hoping that this wins Worst Picture, Worst Actress (Miley Cyrus), Worst Screen Couple (Miley Cyrus and her alias), and Worst Director (Peter Chelsom).

Have you actually seen the film? No? Ok you have no opinion.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2009 at 12:43am
Uh-oh... Someone's got MWG syndrome. And is most likely younger than him, too.

Do my research, eh? I watch Hannah Montana every Saturday (not by choice). I know exactly what the show is like. I can tell you right now, more Billy Ray doesn't make the movie better... I'd have to argue it's quite the opposite. Hannah Montana is riddled with adolescent over-acting.
Furthermore, most of us Razzers are very much in touch with fellow pessimistic movie site, Rotten Tomatoes (pessimistic in name, that is). The following is the review consensus of those collected:
Consensus: While youthful Miley fans won't complain, Hannah Montana the Movie is little more than a formulaic Disney Channel episode stretched thin.
Now, one might contend that a 46% is much higher than we here might expect, and indeed, 46% would be an awfully high rating to Razz. Buuuuut, the majority of the reviews would lead us to believe that it's an elongated episode of the show... Like a 3-parter.
I'll be the first to admit, sadly, that I have no intention of seeing the film. I'm a 27 year old male with a strong code of not dating anyone under the age of 18, so Miley Cyrus doesn't hold much appeal for me. But having not seen the movie, and sitting through at least 3 episodes of the show lead me to believe I can know what to expect.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2009 at 10:35am

The bad news: the movie made over $30 million. DAMN IT!

The good news: at least there will not be a sequel.

The better news: the movie now has no where to go but downhill in the box office.

The best news: we can still Razz the hell out of it!

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2009 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Michaels

The bad news: the movie made over $30 million. DAMN IT!

The good news: at least there will not be a sequel.

The better news: the movie now has no where to go but downhill in the box office.

The best news: we can still Razz the hell out of it!

No... Wait... We can't... We don't know what we're talking about...
-Iron helps us play-
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2009 at 3:27pm
$32 million domestically, but eventually, we all know those numbers are starting to drop alright...
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
wolfee37 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote wolfee37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2009 at 3:54pm

[/QUOTE]

No... Wait... We can't... We don't know what we're talking about...[/QUOTE]

You dont. If you want an example about how you guys have no idea what your doing...

Natalya Rudakova in Transporter 3. Worst Perfomance in any film EVER.  Than the wonderful Julie Walters who gave an over the top and fukcing annoying perfomance in the equally annoying Mamma Mia. And do they get nomianted? No. But Paris Hilton did for a decent perfomance. Carmen Electra was nomianted too but for a two minute role. The only two that was actually deserved was Leelee Sobieski and Kim Kardashian. 

Oh and here are other things you completely snubbed and actually deserving...

Jumper

Vantage Point

Freebird

27 Dresses

Shutter

Miracle at St. Anna

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Semi Pro

The Spirit

Witless Protection (of course only McCarthy is nominated)

You Dont mess Wiith The Zohan (and I like Adam Sandler)

Babylon AD

Oh and the worst of the worst;

The Killing of John Lennon

Chapter 27

Hounddog

Deception

Delgo

Untracable

10000 BC

One Missed Call

Seriosuly how did One Missed Call, 10000BC, and Deception get off scott free? Makes no SENSE.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>