Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > HANNAH MONTANA: THE MOVIE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Hannah, Montana, Banana-Fannah...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hannah, Montana, Banana-Fannah...
    Posted: April 14 2009 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by wolfee37

Natalya Rudakova in Transporter 3. Worst Perfomance in any film EVER.  Than the wonderful Julie Walters who gave an over the top and fukcing annoying perfomance in the equally annoying Mamma Mia. And do they get nomianted? No. But Paris Hilton did for a decent perfomance. Carmen Electra was nomianted too but for a two minute role. The only two that was actually deserved was Leelee Sobieski[/COLOR"> and Kim Kardashian. 

Oh and here are other things you completely snubbed and actually deserving...

Jumper

Vantage Point

Freebird

27 Dresses

Shutter

Miracle at St. Anna

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Semi Pro

The Spirit

Witless Protection (of course only McCarthy is nominated)

You Dont mess Wiith The Zohan (and I like Adam Sandler)

Babylon AD

Oh and the worst of the worst;

The Killing of John Lennon

Chapter 27

Hounddog

Deception

Delgo

Untracable

10000 BC

One Missed Call

Seriosuly how did One Missed Call, 10000BC, and Deception get off scott free? Makes no SENSE.

Some of those were nominated. Some were on the nominating ballot, but were passed over because they were too forgettable or inconsequential. And then some of those are from the wrong year. Also, please try to refrain from holding down the "Enter" key before pressing "Post Reply."
-Iron helps us play-
wolfee37 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote wolfee37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2009 at 2:34am

Whatever guys. Nominate Miley Cyrus despite her gettng good reviews. Nominate her just because you don't like her. I am cool with it, and I am sure Miley is laughing all the way to the bank.

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2009 at 2:59am
Yea, seriously... Are you actually 12?
But no, she's not going to win the award, and probably won't end up on the ballot. She's not getting "good" reviews. If you want to put it that way, you can take any movie that has 2 positive reviews and say, "It's getting good reviews."
Rest assured though, your hopefully legal crush probably won't even be nominated in the end, but IS bad enough to make fun of for the time being.
-Iron helps us play-
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2009 at 9:24am
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

But no, she's not going to win the award, and probably won't end up on the ballot. She's not getting "good" reviews. If you want to put it that way, you can take any movie that has 2 positive reviews and say, "It's getting good reviews."
Rest assured though, your hopefully legal crush probably won't even be nominated in the end, but IS bad enough to make fun of for the time being.

Don't make fun of the 12 year olds... they'll go cry to their mom and dad. Then we'll have to get a "stern talking to". Better to just let them have their say, and smile and nod....

And as far as Miley goes, she could still get the nomination... just depends on how awful the rest of the year is. :)
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2009 at 12:00pm
It's never not that bad.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2009 at 12:19pm

It's never not that bad.

Never not that bad? So it is that bad? or am I mis-translating my double negatives here? :)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2009 at 2:07pm
Well you're certainly not re-misunderstanding the initial non-comprehension. It's clearly not an unwrong translation.
-Iron helps us play-
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2009 at 2:56pm
Never not that bad!? I have been thinking you are saying it's good. Well, I don't agree with you on that.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2009 at 5:12pm

I completely understand and agree with the "Never not that bad" statement. dEd is right...a lot worse stuff is out there waiting.

We can bag this Hannah Montana stuff til the cows come home, for a lot of legitimate reasons, but there is an audience out there for it. I have a confession to make at this point; the fact that Hannah/Miley has a decent sized audience bothers me a lot less than the fact that there was a similar sized audience for that last Rambo atrocity. Of course, I exclude that small portion of the Miley audience that includes the old guys in raincoats, but I'm pretty scared by all those Rambo people.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
wolfee37 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote wolfee37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2009 at 5:52pm

No I am sixteen. And I am sure 90% of twelve year olds are not as stuborn as you are. Its more than two reviews and you know it but your trying to spin the story around with a lame insult and an incorrect statment. I, unlike you read at least fifteen reviews for each movie that comes out, just to get different opinions. And fourteen out of the fifteen said Miley carriers the film and is charming. They also say she will be able to have a long career once 'Hannah Montana' is done. So there you go...maybe next time do your research ebfore judging a film.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2009 at 12:10am

No I am sixteen. And I am sure 90% of twelve year olds are not as stuborn as you are. Its more than two reviews and you know it but your trying to spin the story around with a lame insult and an incorrect statment. I, unlike you read at least fifteen reviews for each movie that comes out, just to get different opinions. And fourteen out of the fifteen said Miley carriers the film and is charming. They also say she will be able to have a long career once 'Hannah Montana' is done. So there you go...maybe next time do your research ebfore judging a film.

Folks, I think it's time for an RT Roundup!

"The film is absolutely functional, and deserves no praise greater than "it's no worse than it ought to be"

'Real life' as envisioned by folks whose idea of such was obviously cobbled together from the more backward examples of 1950s sitcoms."

"More Hee Haw than ha ha (kids, ask your parents or grandparents) Hannah Montana: The Movie is like the Hannah Montana TV show only longer. Way longer."

"Nice, clean entertainment but maybe too sweet for anyone over twelve "

"If you guys don't mind, I'm gonna add a little hip-hop to this hoedown,' announces Miley, contributing a quote to the culture that needs to be sampled, pronto"

"Thin as a flip-flop and as complicated as a scrunchy, the plot is barely enough for half a movie. At the 45-minute point, things are pretty much wrapped up."

...Do I need to continue? Granted, of the first 20 reviews I see, 9 of them do have a positive spin... the majority are negative....

So, if 14 of the 15 reviews you read were positive, I'm thinking you are picking and choosing your reviews. Either that, or you are getting reviews out of the Disney Channel magazine....
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2009 at 1:59am

1. Allow me to assure you that dEd probably reads at least 15 or more reviews for most of the films discussed here (or at the very least an adequate number to spot the trend). He always impresses me as being well informed, whether or not we agree on a particular film or point.

2. Miley "carriers" the film?

3. My guess is that Miley will have a long career pretty much in the same way that Lindsay Lohen and Brittany Spears are having extended stays in the public eye. It won't have much to do with her performing "talents" but she'll keep herself in the limelight. Let's hope I'm wrong on that one, and she simply fades into obscurity without fanfare. However, I'm willing to bet she isn't going to be a long term success in popular music.  I dare say that her shot at being a long term success in that field is superior to your probability of finding success as an English major. Carriers?

4. Most 12 year-olds are considerably more stubborn than the regulars on this board. We have the capacity to admit when we are wrong (in this case, we probably aren't, although this film is unlikely to receive any Razzies). In my experience, the average 12 year-old sincerely believes he/she is never wrong about anything. Typically, they don't improve much with 4 extra years of vintage.

5. For the record, the Hannah movie has a 45% rating at RT, a comprehensive collection of reviews from around the country. That is probably too many positive reviews for us to seriously consider this movie, BUT, it also means that more than half of all the reviews the movie is getting are unfavorable. As Frank pointed out, if 14 out of 15 reviews you've seen for this film are positive, you either managed to defy the odds or your sources are as selective as the political conservatives who derive all of their information from talk radio and Fox News.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2009 at 9:36am
Yes, Wolfee, there's a site, as I've said, called "RottenTomatoes" that rounds up as many reviews as they possibly can, and based upon whether or not the review is deemed positive, greater than a 5/10, it's counted as Fresh or Rotten. They count the total number of Fresh and Rotten reviews, and give you a percentage of how many were positive and negative.

Now the others have pointed out how well it's done on RT, as have I. I clearly have done my research, and if you'll note, I was just assed enough to actually put an HTML inflection on a word, which I almost never do. But I've said I checked my work on RT before, going on about how the 46% that it had at the time was higher than we had expected.
Look, bud,you're not understanding me, and taking what I'm saying personal. I'm trying to play fairly nice here. When I say that it takes two reviews to be able to say good review(s), I'm talking about the fact that it takes more than one thing to make something plural, not that there were only 2 positive reviews. IF there were only 2 positive reviews, you could say, "it's getting good reviews."

And to finally clarify "It's never not that bad" was meant to imply that there's never been a year in which we got the worst out by April. There's plenty of crap still to come in '09, we're still in a recession, and H-Wood still needs guaranteed moneymakers.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2009 at 10:07am

And to finally clarify "It's never not that bad" was meant to imply that there's never been a year in which we got the worst out by April. There's plenty of crap still to come in '09, we're still in a recession, and H-Wood still needs guaranteed moneymakers.

Well...you never know, there is a first time for everything, right? Maybe the rest of the year will be filled with Oscar contenders, and we won't get the 7000th Medea Film, or Saw 23, or any of a million other franchises that seem to pop up constantly.

But you're probably right... Medea Goes to the Buffet is probably due out in like August or something... Miley will have to forego her Razzie again this year.

Maybe next year Miley... :)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2009 at 12:25pm
Will Medea win a worst actor or actress though?
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2009 at 12:28pm

Will Medea win a worst actor or actress though?

Both! I mean, wasn't Eddie Murphy nominated in both categories for Norbit? (I should really study my nominations better.)

And I wonder... Whan Medea went to Jail, do you think she ran into Ernest?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>