Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > HANNAH MONTANA: THE MOVIE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Hannah, Montana, Banana-Fannah...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hannah, Montana, Banana-Fannah...
    Posted: March 14 2010 at 11:33am

The Simpsons Movie was FAR superior to any of the 75 or so movies that were considered for the '007 RAZZIES. Even so, those first two reasons are WAY more than enough to not see Hannah Montana: The Movie.

JUU GO BAN

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2010 at 11:54am
1) Fair enough...?
2) She's an actress, so she's gotta, but then again, I'm not a big fan of watching Anne Hathaway kissing other dudes. The difference is that we're pre-engaged as soon as I tell her about it.
3) I'm a huge Simpsons fan, and I was pretty disappointed with the movie. Homer was too much of a prick to remain likable, and I had just explained to a friend of mine why it's important that Homer loves Marge so much in the show: Because he's got to remain likable, and that's his saving grace. You don't get that through much of the movie.
Anyway, I'll agree to that point - you shouldn't make a movie about a show that's still on.

I'll now, for the record, officially deny that The Climb is a great song, though.

Seriously, I don't know why people keep getting swept up in the hottie teenage pop star thing all the time. I used to think Christina Aguilera was OK, Brittney never did it for me... You don't need to defend her career just because you think she's cute. She's not a great musical artist by any stretch of the imagination, she's a terrible actress, and her career was handed to her by Disney. It wasn't earned. Having a famous dad helped a lot, too.
-Iron helps us play-
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2010 at 12:26pm
The 3rd reason was to show the quality of the movie.The other 2 are just personal.

I don't really like her voice.Her music...sure.And THE CLIMB...Come on!It was nominated for a Grammy.And even though on the past year she's been labeled as hot(includin'the Teen Choice Awards nom. for "Choice Female Hottie"),she isn't a sex symbol like Britney and Christina.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2010 at 1:54pm
"Her music"... c'mon, seriously? You think she makes her own music? Not a team of producers? You're a little old to be that naive, c'mon... They say Lady Gaga writes her own music, but I doubt even she does it all now that she's big and famous.
The Grammys are the least prestigious entertainment award there is. Believe you me, the best musicians, the most creative, progressive music, and the most overall talent aren't even remotely considered when it comes to Grammys. Those go to the people with the biggest public profile, and the "artists" who make the most money. It's all Top 40 garbage.
She's a sex symbol to a lot of people, but they can't come out and openly admit it because of her age, and because producers have learned from the past about making their artists totally whore it up, and the adverse effect it eventually has on record sales. But she still had those nude(ish) Vanity Fair pictures, who plenty of old w**kers assuredly enjoyed. To me, she looks like a freakin' little kid, so I don't have to worry about any of that.
-Iron helps us play-
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2010 at 2:44pm
You know,one of these days you all are gon'na have to stop hatin'celebrities'cuz you think they are a certain way,'cuz you don't know them.I'm not bein'aive,I'm just not bein'egative.I know celebrities are commonly like that,but you can't assume they all are.

When I said "Her music",I meant the songs she sings,not the ones she writes,which she does.

The Grammys are the most important music awards.If you don't think so,then tell me which are.

She can't be a sex symbol jus'cuz she's considered attractive.Aside from those pics,and her performance in the 2009 Teen Choice Awards(which I think both were exagerated),she doesn't use her looks,unless you count that scene I saw in a trailer when she jumps into a waterfall in shorts.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2010 at 4:13pm
Sorry Vits, but we hate celebrities because we see right through them. It's not about their talent, it's about how is marketable. As for what's the most important music award ... I don't know if there is any. Just about EVERY music award show goes to the Top 40. But of course it does ... how else would you get people to watch the show on TV? dEd speaks the truth, and he should know, he works in the industry ... apparently.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2010 at 4:17pm
I'm always going to hate people who make millions of dollars for being born pretty and in the right place at the right time.
I'm telling you, as a musician, the Grammys are absolute crap. There are SOOO many musicians out there, and there are soooo many different ideas out there, and there are soooooo many people who make more creative things than the garbage you hear on the radio. It's impossible to pick the best music out there, and the field from which they choose is the stuff they play on the radio, which is stuff that's been pre-selected by major record labels, and often paid to be played on the air. And stuff that's ON major record labels is generally polished by a bunch of people who aren't ever given any credit for the work they do, and especially with Miley Cyrus/Jessica Simpson/Etc. types, who have their voices polished by machines.... No look, I can't even begin to encompass everything that's wrong with the Grammys. I've gotta stop, or I'll be on it forever.

She doesn't write her "music," meaning the instrumentals and pre-programmed beats, even if she does write some of her songs. And please, tell me how anything that she writes is more deep than anything a mature, professional but starving musician can write?

I just explained why she's considered a sex symbol... it seems you didn't read that part at all. I didn't say it was a good thing, either.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2010 at 4:49pm

Well, dEd, prehaps you should follow in John Wilson's example and create our own award show, just for the indie music acts who don't get the respect they deserve.

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2010 at 4:52pm
But my point is that it's impossible, and the best they can do is select from stuff that's the worst. As far as I'm concerned, the Grammys ARE the Razzies of music.
The best you could do would be to do something regional, and then... well, who cares.
-Iron helps us play-
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2010 at 8:14am
What?!The Razzies of music?!Please tell me you're not countin'all those public vote awards.

You didn't answer my question:Which awards are the Oscars of music?
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2010 at 8:15am
So again, we come to the bottom line: Miley Cyrus, much like Paris Hilton, is famous because she hit the jackpot in the sperm lottery. Mozart wrote great music and he will be remembered forever because of it. But how many great symphonies did we never hear, or how many great ideas were never recorded because someone with equal talent spent his life toiling in the fields, or worse yet, in those days, was born with the "wrong" plumbing and never got any opportunity whatsoever? These days, talent still remains undiscovered for the same reasons.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2010 at 8:23am
Look up awards for indie music acts, and there you go...    

[QUOTE=Vits]
[/QUOTE
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2010 at 8:25am
No one is going to be talking about how "great" Miley Cyrus is 100 years from now (if humans will even be around then). That's why the movie was rushed into theaters while the TV series is still on air. They had to put it out while she's still hot, or her little kiddie fans might forget who she is! 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2010 at 8:56am
Miley is considered sexy now,but she didn't become famous for that.I know you think that's not important,but you need to have your facts in order so we can debate the right way.

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Originally posted by Vits

Look up awards for indie music acts and there you go.

Stop avoidin'the question.If you don't know the answer,then don't say the Grammys suck,'cuz until someone answers the question,they will be the Oscars of Music. After,they're part of the Big 4,along the Oscars,Emmys and Tonys.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2010 at 9:07am
1.Miley Cyrus is 17...for society (or those handling her career) to market her as a sex symbol is sick.

2. I don't think I have ever commented on her "importance." IMHO, a 17 year-old country singer isn't terribly relevant in the grand scheme of things. In the eyes of a 14 year-old girl, the evaluation might be rather different.

3. No, Miley Cyrus didn't become famous for being sexy. She became famous because her father, who had already achieved a degree of fame in the country music industry, managed to pull a lot of strings for her.  
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2010 at 9:39am
Actually, I did answer your question. It's impossible to have an Oscar of music -- at least a credible one. But considering that the Grammys honor the most watered-down, un-controversial, un-artistic, corporatized BS out there, yes...I consider the Grammys to be very far from an honor. Taylor Swift wins Grammys.  

Originally posted by Vits

What?!The Razzies of music?!Please tell me you're not countin'all those public vote awards.

-Iron helps us play-
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>