Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > HANNAH MONTANA: THE MOVIE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Hannah, Montana, Banana-Fannah...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hannah, Montana, Banana-Fannah...
    Posted: March 16 2010 at 10:52am
I don't hate celebrities, I hate Hollywood and them pushing these talentless "celebrities" as if their lives are more important than the President's. Kim Kardashian has done NOTHING worth writing about in a weekly magazine, and having a lot of friends on MySpace is not a talent, Dane Cook.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2010 at 1:07pm
I don't like Dane Cook,but I can still say that he's famous for his stand-up comedy,which must be good.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2010 at 5:48pm
Why, exactly, MUST it be good. Again, I don't know if you're born and raised in Chile, or if you've lived in the US at all, but I think that you're SEVERELY overestimating American audiences if you think that our system of capitalism always rewards quality, and that marketing doesn't play a greater role than the actual product.
My theory has always been that Dane Cook's success has had more to do with the fact that he's a comedian that chicks wanna hook up with.
-Iron helps us play-
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2010 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Why, exactly, MUST it be good. Again, I don't know if you're born and raised in Chile, or if you've lived in the US at all, but I think that you're SEVERELY overestimating American audiences if you think that our system of capitalism always rewards quality, and that marketing doesn't play a greater role than the actual product.
My theory has always been that Dane Cook's success has had more to do with the fact that he's a comedian that chicks wanna hook up with.
Yeah, man, Dane Cook's jokes are lame. The only reason why he's famous is because he has this cool, hansome, everyman image to him, so girls want to be with him and guys want to be like him. If you actually see his act, he's not funny at all.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2010 at 8:10pm
Ehh... I wouldn't call him an everyman... I think he has this like... High energy male model kinda look thing going for him, which is why they've put him in Rom Coms.
-Iron helps us play-
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2010 at 8:40pm
I'm not much of a fan of reality tv, but I have to give some kudos to shows like America's Got Talent which has given opportunites to some very gifted people who otherwise might never have been given a break. My wife and I were in Vegas a few weeks ago and we saw Terry Fator. He was an AGT winner a couple of years ago, and his show is selling out every night in Vegas. He is really outstanding. Contrast that to someone like Miley Cyrus who was simply given her celebrity status, and suddenly reality shows, at least in the nature of AGT are worthwhile.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2010 at 8:49pm
Haha... This local burlesque/variety show/circus stunt type... whatever... chick named Miss Pussykat who's done go-go dancing for my band before was on that show and got pretty far.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2010 at 3:51am
Ha, "reality" TV. If you know that's you're on TV, you're going to act differentally than if you didn't, so it's by no means "reality".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2010 at 8:06am

It doesn't matter where I'm from.I'm sayin'he must be good'cuz that what I've heard from most people...yankees,of course.He's not famous here.

I'm not denyin'that whole marketin'thing you just "said".Remember the Elvis example?I'm just sayin'all of you tend to believe most celebrities are like that,and that isn't fair.You should say that from people we know are like that(like The King himself),instead of assumin'that from Miley just cuz her dad's famous.Britney Spears on the other hand...well,it's a fact that she doesn't really sing.I have a relative who worked in a label(I don't remember the name),and she told me Enrique Iglesias doesn't sing either.

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

I'm not much of a fan of reality tv, but I have to give some kudos to shows like America's Got Talent which has given opportunites to some very gifted people who otherwise might never have been given a break. My wife and I were in Vegas a few weeks ago and we saw Terry Fator. He was an AGT winner a couple of years ago, and his show is selling out every night in Vegas. He is really outstanding. Contrast that to someone like Miley Cyrus who was simply given her celebrity status, and suddenly reality shows, at least in the nature of AGT are worthwhile.

Really?You want to win this arguement of celebrities who don't deserve bein'famous by tellin'me'bout Reality TV?Luckily for you,those 2 example actually work,'cuz those are cometition shows,rather than narrative realities.B.T.W.,next week,JERSEY SHORE will premiere here,and I ain't watchin'it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2010 at 9:59am
It absolutely matters where you're from. If you don't understand the culture first hand, you don't. lol I'm also curious as to what your definition of yankee is, as well, because I think that has a different connotation depending on where you are.
Elvis was famous because he capitalized on an emerging trend and gave it a unique (read: White) flavor. The luck he had in his big break was that he had something new to offer on a semi-new format, TV, when the idea of putting newer music on TV was first coming about.
Now, let's all face it, the moment for THAT to be new has long since passed, so it's really, really unlikely for the stars to align for someone like that again. So that was a fairly fortunate movie, but he brought something NEW.
Miley Cyrus sings pop music. At best, the most original aspect to it is that it makes pop music seem more interest to an even younger audience, which doesn't mean that she's making BETTER music... She's just kinda mixing Jessica Simpson and Raffi. Her big lucky break came from being born into a family with a popular musician already in it.
Britney was a dancer who's big break came from being on the Mickey Mouse club in it's death throes.
Enrique Iglesias, again, famous dad, and total pretty boy.
I suppose you might say that most extremely famous musicians have thrived on luck, but it's only recently that being able to sell the artist themselves has become more important than talent, because in the old days, consumerism hadn't reached such a fever pitch, and there were so many fewer ways for a musician to get their name out there in the first place. Nowadays, it's find someone sexy and give them a camera. Who's the last UGLY female pop star you can think of?
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2010 at 11:04am
"Jersey Shore" is of the antichrist, spawned from satan's seed and anyone who watches it has no soul!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2010 at 11:47am

Then why don't you point me to something insightful she's written?
I'm not sure how insightful are the lyrics in THE CLIMB,but I find that to be her best song.As for the songs she has written,7 THINGS,which I also don't know how insightful the lyrics are.

It absolutely matters where you're from. If you don't understand the culture first hand, you don't. lol I'm also curious as to what your definition of yankee is, as well, because I think that has a different connotation depending on where you are.
I was born and raised in Chile,but I lived for 6 months in the U.S.,and I've always been outcasted in my country'cuz I've always been more into the U.S. culture,so I know what I'm talkin'bout.

I said yankee'cuz sayin'"Gringo" makes me "sound" like an angry mexican,and I don't say "American"'cuz America is the continent,not your country.

Miley Cyrus sings pop music. At best, the most original aspect to it is that it makes pop music seem more interest to an even younger audience, which doesn't mean that she's making BETTER music... She's just kinda mixing Jessica Simpson and Raffi.
When did I say she was better than any other singer?I'm sayin'I don't think she's bad.That's it.
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

"Jersey Shore" is of the antichrist, spawned from satan's seed and anyone who watches it has no soul!
And you wonder why I accuse you of hatin'Hollywood.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2010 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Vits

I do hate Hollywood, for making s*** like this! This show is all about making Italians and people from New Jersey look like a**holes and people watch it by the millions! And no, "guido" is not a "lifestyle", it is a negative ethnic slur, you morons (the people on the show, not you, Vits).
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2010 at 12:16pm
Please don't hate me,but I just voted for Miley in the Kids's Choice Awards for "Favorite TV Actress" and "Favorite Song"(PARTY IN THE U.S.A.).However,I didn't vote for her for "Favorite Movie Actress"(Sandra Bullock)nor "Favorite Female Singer"(Lady Gaga).
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2010 at 12:18pm

Please don't hate me,but I just voted for Miley in the Kids's Choice Awards for "Favorite TV Actress" and "Favorite Song"(PARTY IN THE U.S.A.).However,I didn't vote for her for "Favorite Movie Actress"(Sandra Bullock)nor "Favorite Female Singer"(Lady Gaga).
Hey, if you want to vote for the Kids' Choice Awards (although I don't know why anyone over the age of 10 would want to) go right ahead. They are a pointless award show anyway.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2010 at 12:35pm

I'm not sure how insightful are the lyrics in THE CLIMB,but I find that to be her best song.As for the songs she has written,7 THINGS,which I also don't know how insightful the lyrics are.

That's not very helpful.

I was born and raised in Chile,but I lived for 6 months in the U.S.,and I've always been outcasted in my country'cuz I've always been more into the U.S. culture,so I know what I'm talkin'bout.

I wouldn't really call that quite enough to quite grasp it all. Experience the 80's and the rise of greed, and then you'll start understanding the bitterness.

I said yankee'cuz sayin'"Gringo" makes me "sound" like an angry mexican,and I don't say "American"'cuz America is the continent,not your country.

Haha.. Ok. I find gringo hilarious, personally, and I always try to use Estadounidense when speaking with hispanics. But a fair enough choice of words. Most of us here think of yankees as people from the North, ie, above Virginia or so, but I know that it's used outside of the US for all of us.

When did I say she was better than any other singer?I'm sayin'I don't think she's bad.That's it.

You said she won a Grammy, and that Grammys were the most important entertainment award. Logically speaking, that would mean you think very highly of her, and that she was better than other musicians because of the award.

Jersey Shore isn't exactly Hollywood, although it's essentially trying to assert that the vapid lifestyle that a lot of Hollywoodies live exists elsewhere. I mean, they practically give themselves stupid superhero names... The Situation? Snookie? Aqualad?
I'm also curious as to whether or not the show would fly if it were about black people who called themselves the equivalent of "Guido", which is a racial slur itself. Shows like Jersey Shore and Jerry Springer being exported outside of the US are particularly embarrassing.
-Iron helps us play-
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>