Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2013 TITLES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

HANSEL & GRETEL: RAZZIE HUNTERS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HANSEL & GRETEL: RAZZIE HUNTERS
    Posted: January 25 2013 at 3:05am
MEMBER-STARTED FORUM DISCUSSION  

WITH MEMBER TRAVIS112096 SNAGGING THE RIGHTS TO A FORUM for
PARKER and HEADRAZZ BEING TOO BUSY TO MAKE AN OFFICIAL FORUM FOR THIS DUE TO PREPARATIONS FOR THE 33RD ANNUAL RAZZIE AWARDS, I DECIDED TO STEP UP AND MAKE A MEMBER FORUM JUST FOR YOU GUYS.

YET ANOTHER "RE-IMAGINING" OF A CLASSIC FAIRYTALE, PRODUCED BY MTV FILMS (STRONG INDICATION FIGHT SCENES HAVE BEEN EDITED LIKE MUSIC VIDEOS) AS WELL AS WILL FERRELL AND ADAM MCKAY (YES, REALLY) AND JUMPING THE SHARK WAY TOO EARLY AFTER THE SIMILAR SOUNDING DUD FROM LAST YEAR, ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER, EARLY REVIEWS INDICATE THAT HANSEL AND GRETEL'S TRAIL OF ROTTEN BREAD CRUMBS WILL SHOW US THE WRONG WAY HOME.

SO, READY TO GO HUNTING FOR WITCHY PERFORMANCES? (EVEN TWO-TIME OSCAR NOMINEE JEREMY RENNER AND JESSICA ALBA 2.0... I MEAN GEMMA ARTERTON!!!) WELL THEN, BLAST AWAY AT IT! 

RENNER: "Wait a second, I thought these bread-crumbs
would 
lead 
us to fresh reviews, not ROTTEN REVIEWS AND RAZZIE
CONSIDERATION!"

CO-STAR: "And why do they keep calling me Jessica Alba 2.0?"  

"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2013 at 5:01am
Ah...You did not make thst joke!

Oh well...

At this point, I guess I should be counting the Member Started forums as though they're official, since Headrazz is getting pretty busy?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2013 at 8:26am
Based on what HeadRAZZ has already written a number of times, it's not so much that these Member Started Forums are "official" as that they become just as much a source for the nominations as do the "Official Forums."  It all depends on how bad each movie stinks and, come next year, how much we agree that a particular movie stinks above all other stenches. 

If anyone can find a common person, company or thread between 2011's Red Riding Hood, 2012's Snow White and the Huntsman and this year's Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, I'm sure we'd all be interested.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2013 at 9:06am
Chilean critics say this movie is bad but passable. However, the R.T. rating has started off at 5%.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2013 at 10:48am
Okay, I should mention the "joke" I was talking about was referring to Gemma Arterton as "Jessica Alba 2.0"

Also, I just found out that two of the producers of this film are Will Ferrell and Adam McKay. No joke.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2013 at 12:58pm
Oiram: Sorry, I have now included the joke in my opening post.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2013 at 11:59am
R.T. Rating - 15%: "Alternately bloody and silly. It fails as both a fantasy adventure and as a parody of same."  

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2013 at 6:17pm
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2013 at 4:03pm
I went to the movies and saw this. I wasn't going to, but my dad had a date and begged me to leave the house. Since it was so last minute, I couldn't plan and choose a movie.

For your consideration: Worst Actress for Gemma Arterton and Worst Supp. Actor for Peter Stormare. But please, not Worst Picture.
Originally posted by jesse685

PRODUCED BY MTV FILMS (STRONG INDICATION FIGHT SCENES HAVE BEEN EDITED LIKE MUSIC VIDEOS)
Turns out we were wrong about that.
Originally posted by jesse685

WAY TOO EARLY AFTER THE SIMILAR SOUNDING DUD FROM LAST YEAR, ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER
I thought this one was much better.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2013 at 4:10pm
Why shouldn't this be considered for Worst Picture?  

Also, Thomas Mann didn't annoy you?  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2013 at 5:51pm
I forgot that there was a small incest tone. I analyzed it and realized how it could've been bigger*. That's why I didn't mention Worst Couple for the 2 leads. However, I wouldn't be against it because it is there.

*If GRETEL had confronted HANSEL about falling for MINA. You know, like "It's always been just you and me".
Originally posted by oiram

Why shouldn't this be considered for Worst Picture?

I thought it was just average.
Originally posted by oiram

Also, Thomas Mann didn't annoy you?
Depends on whether you've seen the movie or not:

1) If you have, you're asking me because he plays the funny guy. I wouldn't say he was actually funny, but he didn't bother me.

2) If you haven't, you're asking me because you probably hated him in PROJECT X. I wouldn't say he gave a good performance, but it's an improvement because now I'm not constantly aware that he's an actor playing a part.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2013 at 9:37pm
I just saw this.

For Your Consideration:
Jessica Alba 2.0 for Worst Actress (Sorry, I had to make that joke.)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2013 at 8:04am
FilmXTRA's review:

Odyssey View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Odyssey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2013 at 5:33pm
Finally saw it yesterday -- one of the worst films of the year (or ever).
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2013 at 5:08am
Odyssey, what do you think it should be nominated for?
Odyssey View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Odyssey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2013 at 4:36pm
Vits, it should definitely be considered for Worst Screenplay (by writer/director Tommy Wirkola) and Worst Remake.

Peter Stormare (as the sheriff) is probably deserving of some Razzie recognition, but I suppose most voters will forget him by the end of the year -- the Worst Supporting Actor category is really crowded: Will Smith, Rob Schneider, Taylor Lautner, Nick Swardson, Charlie Sheen, Chris Brown, Ken Jeong...
 Post Reply Post Reply