Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > THE REAPING
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Have a Reaping Helping of Horror Clichés!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have a Reaping Helping of Horror Clichés!
    Posted: April 19 2007 at 2:36pm
I talked about them last week on The Forum I also added Pathfinder which is at 12% along with Perfect Stranger, and I made them Two Worst Of The Weak coming in this week The Only I see fit to make The Worst of The Weak is In The Land Of Women being that The Only other movie that getting at rotten tomatoe is Vacancy which is a Horror Movie which I agree is to easy to pick on. The Reason I made In The Land Of Women is because it co-stars Oscar Winner and Meg Ryan and The Reviews don't seem that great being that it's sitting at 39% well hopefully every thing okay with The Head Razz.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 12:16pm

Oh, yes, the "spell check" excuse. You people really are English addicts, are you? Seems like it's a waste of valuble time in my life, using correct spelling and grammar. And you stilled ignored my comment on Death Proof. I hear tons people who liked Planet Terror more than Death Proof. Death proof is a serial killer with a car! There's nothing original about that! Planet Terror is another zombie movie! I don't know why but Grindhouse is overrated....but it was a good movie.

You know why movies need to get remade? Teens like us never seen the original so we need an ubeat version for us to watch it. Just because you're a little old fool can't be the excuse for you to complain that Disturbia is actually getting good reviews and actually being good in the box office.

tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 12:30pm

I agree with Grindhouse was really good wish it would have done better at The Box Office, but I guess it will probably find a cult following on DVD. I thought that Planet Terror was better than Death Proof, and I that The Trailers were funny. Don't know why they don't make them into Direct to Video Films -- maybe they could list them  as The Grindhouse Collection, or some thing like that...

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Oh, yes, the "spell check" excuse. You people really are English addicts, are you? Seems like it's a waste of valuble time in my life, using correct spelling and grammar. And you stilled ignored my comment on Death Proof. I hear tons people who liked Planet Terror more than Death Proof. Death proof is a serial killer with a car! There's nothing original about that! Planet Terror is another zombie movie! I don't know why but Grindhouse is overrated....but it was a good movie.

You know why movies need to get remade? Teens like us never seen the original so we need an ubeat version for us to watch it. Just because you're a little old fool can't be the excuse for you to complain that Disturbia is actually getting good reviews and actually being good in the box office.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 12:52pm
everyone wished it could have done better. I was quite disappointed people don't like to sit through a 3 hour movie.
ArtGirl138 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 1:17pm

And you stilled ignored my comment on Death Proof. I hear tons people who liked Planet Terror more than Death Proof. Death proof is a serial killer with a car! There's nothing original about that! Planet Terror is another zombie movie! I don't know why but Grindhouse is overrated....but it was a good movie.

...perhaps I should elaborate on my opinion on "originality".

Grindhouse is one of those movies that doesn't NEED to be original, because it's an HOMAGE to a genre. So, although I have yet to see it, I'll forgive it for recycling plot devices.

However, if a movie is NOT an homage (or a parody, for that matter) of a movie or genre, or NOT based on an existing work of fiction, than it has no excuse for a lack of originality.

First off, I'M a teen, and I don't think remakes are necessary. What's so hard about going over to the video store and renting the original? It would be a hell of a lot cheaper than actually going to the theater to see a crappy remake. (Well, there ARE rare cases when the remake actually turns out decent, but that's going a little off-topic...)

And when did anyone bring up Disturbia?! (which I might see, but I can wait until it comes to a cheaper theater...or to a video store...or on On Demand.)

Self-Proclaimed Cartoon Geek
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by ArtGirl138

And you stilled ignored my comment on Death Proof. I hear tons people who liked Planet Terror more than Death Proof. Death proof is a serial killer with a car! There's nothing original about that! Planet Terror is another zombie movie! I don't know why but Grindhouse is overrated....but it was a good movie.

...perhaps I should elaborate on my opinion on "originality".

Grindhouse is one of those movies that doesn't NEED to be original, because it's an HOMAGE to a genre. So, although I have yet to see it, I'll forgive it for recycling plot devices.

However, if a movie is NOT an homage (or a parody, for that matter) of a movie or genre, or NOT based on an existing work of fiction, than it has no excuse for a lack of originality.

First off, I'M a teen, and I don't think remakes are necessary. What's so hard about going over to the video store and renting the original? It would be a hell of a lot cheaper than actually going to the theater to see a crappy remake.

And when did anyone bring up Disturbia?! (which I might see, but I can wait until it comes to a cheaper theater...or to a video store...or on On Demand.)

I guess a prime example of Movies paying Homage to others Movies is The Movies coming out this week, and here they are listed below.

Next : Total Recall Minority Report

Kickin Old Skool: Breakin 1 & 2 Beat Street

The Condemned: Battle Royal Running Man

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2007 at 9:50am
I just think remakes are neccessary. If there aren't any remakes, then what will be in theaters for people to watch?
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2007 at 11:58am

I just think remakes are neccessary. If there aren't, then what will be in theaters for people to watch?
They used to do remakes in olden times, so remakes are nothing new...
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2007 at 12:08pm

I just think remakes are neccessary. If there aren't, then what will be in theaters for people to watch?

Oh, I don't know, maybe something that HASN'T been done before? [sarcasm] Gasp! What a concept! [/sarcasm]

And you STILL didn't answer my question about Disturbia. (What, are you getting back at me for not directly answering your Death Proof question?)

tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2007 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by ArtGirl138

Oh, I don't know, maybe something that HASN'T been done before? [sarcasm] Gasp! What a concept! [/sarcasm]

And you STILL didn't answer my question about Disturbia. (What, are you getting back at me for not directly answering your Death Proof question?)

what is it you wanted to know about Disturbia I have not seen it all I know is that pays Homage to The Rear Window and what was The Death Proof question.
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 12:50am

Well, moviewizguy brought up Disturbia for no reason at all, and I wanted to know what it had to do with anything.

And his Death Proof question is on the previous page.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 8:32am
...oh, I don't know. I was just trying to prove there are some good remakes out there.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 8:39am

I'll just copy and paste my post on Date Movie since no one is there..:

Ok, I really do not mean I hate movie people like and love what they hate, it was an expression....kinda, like you know...ANYWAY, there are some movies people just over exaggerate what they really are. Well, maybe one reason I don't like some good movies is because I set a high expectation for them, like Reservoir Dogs, which I thought was decent but no where being close to a great film. And reasons why I recommend almost every movie I watch is that I have no expectations for movies I watch, except some I know will be good like Harry Potter. I put the expectations low on Date Movie, Little Man, etc... because people hated it so much so I decided to go with their opinions to watch the movie and you know what? They are so exaggerating almost everythnig about it that it's not even funny!

Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 10:33am

Well, if you disagree with these so much, why don't YOU actually suggest nominees for the Razzies? That is one of the reasons we're here, you know...

(Come to think of it...did you just come here to disagree with the Razzie picks?)

...oh, I don't know. I was just trying to prove there are some good remakes out there.

Disturbia, as tomsmobr pointed out, is paying homage to Rear Window (which is an excellent movie - go rent it). But it's not a remake.

If you want an example of a good remake, why not bring up The Italian Job or Ocean's Eleven?

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 2:54pm
I already know it's an "homage"...
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2007 at 2:39am
Then why did you call it a remake?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>