Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > THE REAPING
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Have a Reaping Helping of Horror Clichés!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have a Reaping Helping of Horror Clichés!
    Posted: April 28 2007 at 11:49am
I don't know.
ArtGirl138 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2007 at 11:53am

...and you thought MY reasoning for calling House of Wax "unoriginal" was lame.

Oh, and back on the topic of The Reaping, I recently heard someone call it the best COMEDY they'd seen this year.

Self-Proclaimed Cartoon Geek
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2007 at 1:58am
Wow, that discussion was closed really fast.
ArtGirl138 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2007 at 2:29am

Yeah, well, we were getting REALLY off topic.

Unless you want to continue this debate...

Self-Proclaimed Cartoon Geek
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2007 at 8:17am
That was my bad too, for bringing up Magnolia.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2007 at 10:51am

SPOILER: The 10 plagues from the Bible are: river and water sources turn to blood (Exodus 7:14-25), amphibians (commonly believed to be frogs)(Exodus 7:26-8:11), Gnats (or lice)(Exodus 8:12-15), Wild Beasts (Exodus 8:16-28), disease on livestock (Exodus 9:1-7), unhealable boils (Exodus 9:8-12), hail mixed with fire (Exodus 9:13-35), locusts (Exodus 10:1-20), darkness (Exodus 10:21-29), death of the firstborn (Exodus 11:1-12:36). In the movie, it replaces the Gnats with Lice and puts it as the 6th, after boils and then mixes hail, Locusts, and darkness putting Locusts first then darkness and hail of fire.

Wow, hard to believe that all those types of plagues are in the Book of Exodus in the Holy Bible. All of that at the time when those plagues plagued Egypt at the time of Moses, trying to free his people from bondage.

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 5:17pm

TRIVIA: This film portrays the city of Concepcion in Chile as a warm tropical, "third world" small town. This caused some level of rejection by the audiences from Concepcion, from people walking out of the theaters, to local crusades wanting to ban the movie! 

find_ronnie View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote find_ronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2007 at 9:21am

Whether the movie is good or bad, whoever made it doesn't CARE if you think it was bad or not! You all can talk as much mess about this movie and others as you want, but didn't you pay to see it? Yeah, so while you're hating on it, they're getting paid for it. Think on that. 

Response from Head RAZZberry: Actually, many of our Voting Members are wise enough to wait 'till tripe like this comes out on video, so the proceeds to the film-makers are in the $1-$2 range, rather than the $7-$11 range. As for myself, if I do see something like THE REAPING in a theatre, I try to see it on a "bargain matinee" (or when it's in sub-runs) for the same reason -- To minimize the reward to the people who make junk like this. So maybe we're not as easily dupe-able as you think...

And on that very subject, the video release date for REAPING has been announced: It debuts on DVD October 16...

Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 4:49am

I'd rather be "sleeping" than watching "The Reaping". Get it!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2007 at 11:13am

I was gonna see this with my mom, but she decided to go to "Premonition" instead. Considering how awful that was we problably should've gone to this...

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2007 at 1:15pm
Ok, I've seen this and I gave it a 5/10. It was bad nor wasn't it good. It was boring. Everything (with an exception of the last 25 minutes) was uninteresting. If only the whole movie could've been like the last 25 minutes...hint...hint...it has all the action.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2007 at 3:44pm
Wow, we actually see eye to eye. And you managed to pan a movie without defending a crap movie in the process.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2007 at 1:44pm

I take back what I said below: Not only is "Reaping" worse than "Premonition", but it's even worse than that crocodile-themed bore-fest known as "Primeval".

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

I was gonna see this with my mom, but she decided to go to "Premonition" instead. Considering how awful that was, we problably should've gone to this.

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 1:52pm

Now that P.S. I Love You is out and being panned by critics, it definitely looks like Hilary Swank will be a Worst Actress RAZZIE nominee (for this and P.S. I Love You).

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2012 at 2:50pm
Skip to 02:50.
Any thoughts?
Originally posted by bruin_522

TRIVIA: This film portrays the city of Concepcion in Chile as a warm tropical, "third world" small town. This caused some level of rejection by the audiences from Concepcion, from people walking out of the theaters, to local crusades wanting to ban the movie!
Skip to 06:08 to see why, in the end, the joke's on you.
Wink
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123