Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2005/26th RAZZIE® Awards Discussions & Forums > STAR WARS: EPISODE III: THE SITH HITZ the FANZ
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Hayden Christensen: Bad Enuff 2 Win??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 43>
Poll Question: Is Hayden as "Annakin the Mannequin" worthy of a RAZZIE??
Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[75.48%]
[8.17%]
[12.98%]
[1.44%]
[1.92%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hayden Christensen: Bad Enuff 2 Win??
    Posted: March 03 2006 at 6:16am
Here ya go -- All you people who loved, hated or felt ripped off by Hayden Christensen's performance as "Annakin the Mannequin" in STAR WARS III: NO SITH, HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE DARTH VADER can now VOTE, then post to your heart's content. Defend him, defile him, defrock him -- WHAT-EVER -- So go ahead, start expressing yourselves NOW...
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 11:21am
I still prefer to call him "Anakin Snerd"...

He was truly the ONLY thing dragging the anchor to this movie...Natalie Portman might have lowered it over the rail a few inches...but Christensen really made that sucker go deep... I believe Jimmy Hoffa had more life than that performance...
Maike View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Maike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 6:55pm

I know Hayden's performance isn't Oscar material, but there are tons of worse performances this year, it's only because it's such a high-profile movie that he got the nomination, nobody would care if you only nominated unknown or little-known actors from really small movies that not many people saw.    For God's sake, Laurence Olivier won a Razzie, so I wish Hayden is getting it, too!!!  

Response from Head RAZZberry: Actually, Olivier "won" TWO RAZZIES, as Worst Supporting Actor our Berry First Year (for playing Niel Diamond's Yiddish Dad with a British Accent in the 1980 remake of THE JAZZ SINGER) and Worst Actor for 1982 (for playing General Douglas MacArthur in the Reverend Moon production of INCHON - Quite possibly the Berry WORST Male Performance EVER Captured on Film!)...

Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 6:50am
He'll bring balance to the RAZZIE...

He won for EP II...he should be a shoo in for this year...
Maike View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Maike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 7:40am

What kind of razzie ballance are u talking about?!? Let's also bring Hayden here and beat him..  it will bring  balance to the universe      

Darth_Mortis View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Darth_Mortis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 3:39pm
I will admit that Hayden was very wooden in this movie. (I mean he didn't not have all of the passion you would expect from the man who is to become the most evil and feared person in the galaxy!) The gem of this movie is the Emperor (Ian McDiarmid). He made this movie watchable.
Brian View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 5:01pm
I didn't think he was THAT bad. some of his wooden performances where actually SUPPOSED to be wooden, like the scene when he embraced poamde, I always felt that was wooden mostly cause he wasn't really "putting his heart into the hug"
Shape View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Shape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 5:10pm
His performance was fine.  But then, the Razzies always love to pick on Star Wars.  Isn't this the same foundation that nominated Sophia Coppola -- a background actress with no lines -- for Worst Supporting Actress in 2000?

Uh-huh.  No bias there.
razziessuck View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote razziessuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 5:11pm

I can't believe you people! This reeks of it being personal or a vendetta against the guy or something! I remember when Sith first came out I had gone to a site and read a round-up of critics reviewing the movie, he received an over 80% positive review for his performance. The critics disagree with you.

If you dislike the choices made for the character ie: type of actor, dialogue, writing etc.. this should be taken out on George Lucas, the writer/director, and not the actor.

Maike View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Maike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 5:23pm
He wasn't bad at all   He was good as  it's possible to be good in the movie which would be good without actors performance at all. He was the one who really PLAYED in SW so he got Razzie - that's all )))
spider View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote spider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 5:30pm

Well I guess the fanboys just don't get the character. Hayden did not deserve this, but everyone knew months ago that "voting" would see him receive it.

Even your own poll here disagrees with him receiving the award-should have gone to Bert(please stay retired)Reynolds.

Maike View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Maike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 5:40pm

Seriously: Hayden's performance in SW 3 made much people of younger generation go to the movie and love SW (and bring money). I am an example... I was touched by his transforming from Anakin into Vader, I adore his playing in ROTS, though I didn't like him in AOTS (it's about cutie..) Besides I saw Life as a House and Shattered glass and know he is perfect actor.  And I just don't like he was left alone here when Star Wars 3 has hundred peoples of crew... You guys made me and many others to b puzzled...

Linda View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 6:35pm
He is the hottest thing ever and an awesome actor too so stop being jellous because all of the chicks adore him!
Philo View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Philo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 7:22pm

I hate to defend him since his performance really was terrible, but I think a lot of the blame has to fall on George Lucas, who is probably the worst writer of dialogue in cinematic history.  I'm a big Star Wars fan, but the dialogue sucks! 

Harrison Ford (Han Solo in episodes 4-6) once told Lucas, "you can write this stuff, George, but you can't say it!"  While I agree that Christopher was an exceptionally poor Anakin, I don't know if anyone could have done a good job with this role.

Imreallynotthisangry View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Imreallynotthisangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 7:51pm

Supporting category doesn't count, because they f**ked it up. Hayden Christesen was the star of the movie, not a supporting actor. So therefore the Razzie's Razzie is null and void.  So this whole thread is null and void.  Way to nullify your own category, geniuses. 

Also, you're dropping a Backstreet Boys reference on the front page linking to this article.  Think about that for a moment.  A BACKSTREET BOYS reference.  The Razzies should be edgy and current -- but using a Backstreet Boys reference, a boy band that wore out its welcome about 7 years ago, is horribly, horribly dated.

Anyone and everyone involved in this category, and epically the mental midget who put the link up on the front page using the Backstreet Boys as a mention should be ashamed of themselves.

Backstreet Boys.  Sheesh. 

YouAreNotFunny View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote YouAreNotFunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 7:55pm

Also, "No Sith, He's Supposed to be Darth Vader"? 

How come every other movie gets its name mentioned in full and you guys have to go and make up a horribly,horribly unfunny title for Ep. 3?

Way to not show any preconcived bais.  Really.  Honest and true. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 43>