Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Forum Members' DISCUSSION of 2012 Releases List...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Here 'Tis...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 113>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here 'Tis...
    Posted: January 05 2013 at 8:34pm
WHEW! Thank you for that reminder, Head Razz -- I almost missed the deadline!

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2013 at 7:07pm
Okay, Chainsaw 3D is now sitting at 24% on Rotten Tomatoes based on 39 reviews.

Can we please have a forum now?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As I mentioned earlier in this same string, cvcjr13 has already set up a Member Started Forum on TEXAS CHAINSAW 3-D -- Here's the LINK...  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2013 at 2:55pm
FRIENDLY REMINDER from Ye Olde Head RAZZberry: You now have approximately NINE HOURS until the deadline for this year's 33rd Annual RAZZIE® Awards Nominating Ballot arrives and voting closes. If you have not yet cast your ballot...You're about to run out of time...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2013 at 12:05pm
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2013 at 6:35pm
These are my boy Jeff Beck's picks for the best (link) and the worst (link) movies of the year. His lists are even more questionable than Travers', and not just because the best consists of the smallest releases, nor because the worst has too many ties.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2013 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Other J.Law movies that I've seen are The Beaver (OK movie, crappy performance), Like Crazy (good movie, crappy performance), and X-Men: First Class (awesome movie, crappy performance).
I'd recommend THE BURNING PLAIN, the directorial debut of the writer of BABEL and 21 GRAMS (it has the same format). It got negative reviews (I gave it an 8/10). But Lawrence's performance was actually similar to the one in WINTER'S BONE.

As for Limitless, it was OK. No way did Cooper deserve an Oscar nod for it.
Sorry. I corrected the typo.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2013 at 4:43pm
Other J.Law movies that I've seen are The Beaver (OK movie, crappy performance), Like Crazy (good movie, crappy performance), and X-Men: First Class (awesome movie, crappy performance).

As for Limitless, it was OK. No way did Cooper deserve an Oscar nod for it.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2013 at 4:36pm

The Oscars will do a tribute to the 007 saga. It doesn't sound so interesting because none of the actors who've played JAMES BOND (nor even the current one) have said if they'll appear.

Oiram: You are aware that when/if HeadRAZZ creates a forum for TEXAS CHAINSAW 3D, you'll have to movie those reviews, right?

I think that Jennifer Lawrence is an overated actress. The only movie that I've liked her in was Winter's Bone and all her other performances that I've seen (specifically The Hunger Games) angered me.
What other movies have you seen her in?

I'll, also, be pissed if Bradley Cooper doesn't get a nomination.** A year ago, no one expected him to be an major Oscar contender.
Assuming we're still on "the 2012 time zone" and you're talking about 2011... well... what about LIMITLESS? I mean, he wasn't expected to be nominated for that, but people agreed that he actually was a dramatic actor. Ironically, he could get his first nomination for a comedy.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2013 at 3:17pm
I saw Silver Linings Playbook today. As many of you here are aware, I think that Jennifer Lawrence is an overated actress. The only movie that I've liked her in was Winter's Bone and all her other performances that I've seen (specifically The Hunger Games) angered me. But, my dislike of her aside, her acting in this is the best female performance of 2012. Yes you read that right. If she doesn't win Best Actress, I'll be pissed.*

I'll, also, be pissed if Bradley Cooper doesn't get a nomination.** A year ago, no one expected him to be an major Oscar contender. Also great was Robert De Nero, who gives his performance in a LONG time. Grade: A

*Assuming that Jessica Chastain in Zero Dark Thirty, which comes to central New York next week, isn't better.
**Joaquin Phoenix deserves Best Actor more.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2013 at 1:30pm
Okay, here's another review for Texas Chainsaw 3D: Spill Crew's review
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2013 at 1:14pm
To oiram: Wishful thinking would maintain that ALL the reviews on Texas Chainsaw 3D were that negative! But while it's down to a very bad review average of 29% on Metacritic, the Rotten Tomatoes reviews have an unexpected ratio: For every 3 reviews that find it a total piece of garbage, 2 reviewers say it's mildly enjoyable, or will serve its purpose for teenage boys, or is not as bad as the 2003 remake or TXCM: The Beginning from 2006. While the Metascore is bordering on low enough to make this our first RAZZIE contender of 2013, there's still only 18 reviews on Rotten T. Now I propose giving it one more day to collect more reviews because it's still too close to call, and I think there's room for a LOT more data.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2013 at 12:42pm
New "redband" trailer for Evil Dead 2013:

Originally posted by Vits

I know this has nothing to do with movies, but I have to post it here because some users have declared themselves "bronies" (LINK)

Oh yeah. I've seen that already, but thank you anyways.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2013 at 12:35pm
I know this has nothing to do with movies, but I have to post it here because some users have declared themselves "bronies" (LINK)

The Larch View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2013 at 7:13am
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

And here is the nominating ballot for my Methane Movie Awards:
                                                                                                                                                  Wow- there's (almost) as many glaring omissions (NO Maggie Grace/Sherri Shepherd/Chelsea Handler in Supporting Actress, to name just 3????) as on the Razzie ballot... #weak
FYC: WORST Acting Performances of 2014 include: Johnny Depp (X2), Kevin Costner (X2), Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Seth MacFartlane, Paul Giamatti, Rob Reiner, Dan Aykroyd (X2), and YES Shaliane Wooden!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2013 at 6:51am
Another review that will hopefully convince HeadRazz to  give Texas Chainsaw 3-D a forum!

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As I explained in earlier post, it's not a matter of "convincing" me to give TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 3-D a Forum -- It's a matter of my not having the time to do so this week.  Between dealing with Nominating Ballots, prepping for RAZZIE Pre-Vue and fielding media inquiries, it feels like I've hardly had a spare moment since midnight, New Year's Eve. But one of our other Faithful Forum Members (cvcjr) has taken up the slack, and created a Member Started Forum on TCM 3-D -- Here's the LINK to join in that discussion...

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2013 at 6:36pm
Dude...Andrew Breitbart died last year. Not cool!  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Here is the nominating ballot for my Methane Movie Awards:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 113>