Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Forum Members' DISCUSSION of 2012 Releases List...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Here 'Tis...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103104105 113>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here 'Tis...
    Posted: December 11 2012 at 10:33am
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2012 at 10:48am
Early reviews on Jack Reacher are surprinsingly good!
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2012 at 12:22pm
Does this mean that we have an early frontrunner for 2013?  

Originally posted by oiram

Trailer for M. Night Shyamalan's After Earth. 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2012 at 12:40pm

The Critics' Choice Awards (which are actually televised) nominees have been announced. They have new categories (Best Sci-Fi/Horror Movie; Best Performances in Action and Comedy Movies). And just like the Razzies did months ago, they've allowed the public to vote for one category. For which one are you voting for? Because I am torn!
Originally posted by Vheid

I hate to say it, but maybe. Most people are turned off by the trailer because it's too similar to OBLIVION.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2012 at 1:09pm

Originally posted by Vits

I hate to say it, but maybe. Most people are turned off by the trailer because it's too similar to OBLIVION.
I pretty much said that by stating they seemed to be about the same subject matter. I'm not saying they're ripping eachother off, but no denying they are similar. Also, I wanna point out M. Night did not write the screenplay. May have come up with the idea (You know, "From the mind of"), but he did not truly write it. It is written by by the man who wrote the Oscar winning Traffic and the Oscar winning Syriana, but he also wrote Rules of Engagement, Abandon, The Alamo 04, and Havoc. So... yeag, maybe no helping too much. Also writing is a guy who's mostly involved with video games and his only movie credit was Book of Eli, which is a plus. Finally, additional dialogue was written by Michael Soccio, who was a writter on Fresh Prince so I'll give you three guesses who hired him.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2012 at 1:38pm
In other news, Last Airbender-"actress" and Razzie-nominee Nicola Peltz will star in Transformers 4!!!

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2012 at 1:45pm
And I thought we'd never see her again!  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2012 at 3:41pm
OH, F*CK ME!!!  

In other news, Last Airbender-"actress" and Razzie-nominee Nicola Peltz will star in Transformers 4!!!

"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2012 at 3:59pm

There are a lot less Razzie contenders in this list than in the one for Best Score.

I pretty much said that by stating they seemed to be about the same subject matter. I'm not saying they're ripping eachother off, but no denying they are similar. Also, I wanna point out M. Night did not write the screenplay. May have come up with the idea (You know, "From the mind of"), but he did not truly write it. It is written by by the man who wrote the Oscar winning Traffic and the Oscar winning Syriana, but he also wrote Rules of Engagement, Abandon, The Alamo 04, and Havoc. So... yeag, maybe no helping too much. Also writing is a guy who's mostly involved with video games and his only movie credit was Book of Eli, which is a plus. Finally, additional dialogue was written by Michael Soccio, who was a writter on Fresh Prince so I'll give you three guesses who hired him.
I didn't think they were ripping each other off either (but they're not very original). It will just be one of those cases where 2 similar movies are released the same year, and people will compare them. Also, it's debatable whether BOOK OF ELI is a plus.

When I saw her in THE LAST AIRBENDER, I thought she was bad but had potential. But the fact that she's been cast in a franchise where actresses are required to be "eye-candy" instead of talented, makes me think she won't be taken seriously any time soon.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2012 at 4:09pm
In terms of "being taken seriously," the fact that she is still 17 does not help, either.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2012 at 4:14pm
Ummm... I didn't say she was going to be half-naked like MF and RHW. Eye-candy doesn't require that.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2012 at 7:06pm
Still, being cast as "eye candy," even if fully clothed, is pushing it at her age...   

Originally posted by Vits

Ummm... I didn't say she was going to be half-naked likeMF and RHW. Eye-candy doesn't require that.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2012 at 7:47pm
According to the Agony Booth recap of The Last Airbender*, there were a lot of rumors that Peltz's dad bought her a role in that. Maybe that's how she got her role in Trannies 4? At least, I'm hoping  that's the reason. If she got this role the same way as Megan Fox did (by washing his Ferrari -- not a eupehmism BTW) then Michael Bay is truly slime.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2012 at 11:12am
I just found this great graphic, and I felt the need to share it to you all...

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2012 at 5:36pm
FYI: I have been doing some thinking and as a result, I am going to create my very own awards poll, similar to both the Academy Awards and our own awards on Misterpoll.
If you can, please private-message me your contenders and front-runners for each usual category (e.g. Best & Worst Picture) here on the forum. I will even let you make your own categories for the poll as well as list your nominees for that category and also help me come up with the name of my awards.

Once you've been able to send me your contenders, front-runners and special categories, I will make the polls for each category with all the nominees short-listed.

After that, I will list the 10 nominees or so the day before the official Academy Award and Razzie nominations release.

I hope you like my idea guys.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2012 at 6:34pm
Trailer for Pacific Rim, which features GLaDOS in a guest role.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103104105 113>