Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Forum Members' DISCUSSION of 2012 Releases List...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Here 'Tis...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 105106107108109 113>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here 'Tis...
    Posted: December 22 2012 at 4:38am
For 2013, you might want to add Evil Dead, Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, Spike Lee's Oldboy remake, and Insidious Part 2 to your s*** list. Also, I have a feeling that, even though Big Wedding has more Oscar winners and looks pretty mediocre to say the least, I have a feeling that it might not get attention due to the fact that Michael Bay's new "based on a true story" movie Pain & Gain (because it worked out "so well" the last time he tried).

Now, that wouldn't be if HeadRazz had the time and energy to make more than one Worst of the Week, but apparently he lost that time and energy during the time of the forums, so I don't know.

Yeah, it looks like March 29 is going to be the Worst Movie Week next year because G.I. Joe: Retaliation, The Host, and The Marriage Counselor (The last of which I am personally dreading the most because Tyler Perry thinks we actually expect KIM KARDASHIAN TO ACT?!?!?!?!) are being released that time. The only good movie being released in that time is the new Ryan Gosling film, Place Beyond the Pines.

Grown Ups 2 also has Patrick Schwarzenegger in it. Yes, Arnold's son. Also.... my cousin emabarrasingly has a bit part in it.

Schumacher, can you send me a link to your 2012 and 2013 Razzie Pools? Thanks.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2012 at 12:04pm
My 2012 Razzie Pool is similar to the possible nominations that HeadRazz has posted in the discussion forums. The only real difference is Here Comes The Boom being on my Razzie Pool under Worst Picture, Director, Actor, Screenplay, and Rip-Off (of Warrior). I'll post my 2013 Pool sometime tonight.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2012 at 12:20pm
To SchumacherH8ter: Even if Here Comes the Boom wasn't as bad as Atlas Shrugged Part II?

To oiram: The thing with July 27, 2012 was that HeadRAZZ got hit with a sudden family obligation. Just this last year, January 27 had 2 worst new films (Man on a Ledge and One For the Money), April 13 had 2 worsts (The Three Stooges and Lockout), as did May 18 (Battleship and What to Expect When You're Expecting), the week of August 27-31 also had 2 worst new films (The Possession and The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure), and September 14 had Resident Evil: Retribution and Last Ounce of Courage, though Last Ounce was a Leftover posted the following week.

And lastly, the negative reviews on Dark Shadows came in so slowly that it didn't get a forum here. Can we still make a case for nominating it for the 2012 RAZZIES?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2012 at 1:23pm
It also depends on how much creative control Christopher Nolan had. By the way, you didn't mention RISE LEGEND OF THE GUARDIANS: THE OWLS OF WHO GIVES A F*CK. Or did you?

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

2.) Man Of Steel: Sucker Punch may have sucked to high Heaven, but that's still not enough to deter me. When Zack Snyder works with an established property (i.e. Dawn Of The Dead, 300, Watchmen) the results are magnificent.

1.) Iron Man 3: Come on, who didn't see me putting this at number 1?
It's supposed to be the last one, right? Then I'll probably like it. I'm not the biggest fan of IRON-MAN PART 2 because it felt like a second episode.

13.) The Hunger Games: Catching Fire: Hated the first one, probably not going to like this one.
While I liked the first one, it didn't give me much hopes for a sequel (let alone 3).

9.) Paranormal Activity 5 and Paranormal Activity: Mucho Ghosto: After the abomination that was Paranormal Activity 4, this franchise is dead to me. But, what there's not just one Paranormal Activity, there's two!! We get the regular Paranormal Acitivty 5 and a Hispanic version because, apparantly, Hispanic audiences love the Paranormal Acitivty movies. It doesn't have a name yet, but I'm calling it Paranormal Activity: Mucho Ghosto until then.
I'd say we like them as much as the American masses (and many other foreign masses). I just hope it's not like that God awful PA TOKYO NIGHT.

5.) After Earth: The trailer is dumb looking and it heralds the return of M. Night Shamwow! Not that you'd know from the trailer: he's not mentioned anywhere in it. He's clearly awhere that people hate him now.
I'm looking forward to it. Wait! I'm not a blind fan. People have been asking Shyamalan to direct a script not written by him for years. I'm curious about it.

4.) The Smurfs 2: For reasons unknown, audiences made the first film about little blue communists a big hit. As punnishment for their sins, we have endure another one.
I'm starting to think that the reason is that parents actually want their children to be dumb. Not just because movies like that are box office hits, but also because movies like RAMONA & BEEZUS are flops.
Originally posted by Vheid

Vits, Congratulations on Chile making the Oscar-shortlist for Best Foreign Film...link
Thanks. Although I'm not that happy because I'm one of the 5 people* (my dad included) who didn't like NO. Anyway, I congratulate the users from those other countries.

*There's more, but they hated it for political reasons.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2012 at 1:27pm
When I made my Razzie pool, Here Comes The Boom hadn't come out yet and I was going by the trailer.
When the movie I'm watching right now is done, I'll post my 2013 Razzie Pool. I should mention that a few categories (like Worst Actress and Worst Supporting Actress) are slim in terms of possible nods. I should also mention that my Razzie Pool doesn't reflect my exact opinions. For example, I think that The Great Gatsby has potential to not suck, but many others don't, so I'm listing it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2012 at 2:04pm
Vits, I actually liked Legend Of The Guardians. Not as much as the three Snyder movies I mentioned, but a lot more than Sucker Punch. Now onto my 2013 Razzie Pool!

WORST PICTURE
47 Ronin
After Earth
The Big Wedding
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
The Great Gatsby
Grown Ups 2
Hansel And Gretel: Witch Hunters
The Human Centipede III (Final Sequence)
The Lone Ranger
Pain And Gain
The Smurfs 2

WORST DIRECTOR
Michael Bay/Pain And Gain
Jon M. Chu/G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Dennis Dugan/Grown Ups 2
Roland Emmerich/White House Down
Raja Gosnell/The Smurfs 2
Baz Luhrmann/The Great Gatsby
Tyler Perry/The Marriage Counselor
M. Night Shyamalan/After Earth
Tom Six/The Human Centipede III (Final Sequence)
Gore Verbinski/The Lone Ranger

WORST ACTOR
Gerard Butler/Olympus Has Fallen
Robert De Nero/The Big Wedding
Keanu Reeves/47 Ronin
Jeremy Renner/Hansel And Gretel: Witch Hunters
Adam Sandler/Grown Ups 2
Arnold Schwarzenegger/The Last Stand and The Tomb
Jaden Smith/After Earth
Will Smith/After Earth
Sylvester Stallone/Bullet To The Head and The Tomb
Mark Wahlberg/Broken City and Pain And Gain

WORST ACTRESS
Gemma Arterton/Hansel And Gretel: Witch Hunters
Sandra Bullock/The Heat
Katherine Heigl/The Big Wedding
Jennifer Lopez/Parker
Melissa McCarthy/The Heat and Identity Thief

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
50 Cent/The Tomb
Hank Azaria/The Smurfs 2
Chris Brown/Battle Of The Year
Taylor Lautner/Grown Ups 2
Rob Schneider/Grown Ups 2 (Ignore this one)
Charlie Sheen/Scary Movie 5
David Spade/Grown Ups 2
Nick Swardson/Grown Ups 2 and A Haunted House
Channing Tatum/G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Robin Williams/The Big Wedding

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Maria Bello/Grown Ups 2
Salma Hayek/Grown Ups 2
Kim Kardashian/The Marriage Counselor
Lindsay Lohan/Scary Movie 5
Katy Perry/The Smurfs 2
Christina Ricci/The Smurfs 2
Sofia Vergara/The Smurfs 2

WORST SCREENPLAY
After Earth
The Big Wedding
Evil Dead
The Great Gatsby
Grown Ups 2
The Lone Ranger
Pain And Gain
The Smurfs 2

WORST SCREEN COUPLE/ENSEMBLE
Any pair of characters conjoined anus-to-mouth/The Human Centipede III (Final Sequence)
The entire cast of Battle Of The Year
The entire cast of The Big Wedding
Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy/The Heat
Josh Duhamel and Julianne Hough/Safe Haven
The entire cast of The Great Gatsby
The entire cast of Grown Ups 2
Lindsay Lohan and Charlie Sheen/Scary Movie 5
Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton/Hansel And Gretel: Witch Hunters
The entire cast of The Smurfs 2

WORST PREQUEL, REMAKE, RIP-OFF, OR SEQUEL
Evil Dead
The Great Gatsby
Grown Ups 2
A Haunted House (Rip-off of Paranormal Activity)
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (because a man can dream dammit!)

I, Frankenstein
Jack The Giant Slayer
The Last Exorcism 2
The Lone Ranger
Paranormal Activity 5 and Paranormal Activity: Mucho Ghosto
Scary Movie 5
The Smurfs 2
Texas Chainsaw 3D

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2012 at 3:13pm
I heard that Rob Schneider is not in Grown Ups 2. In fact, it has been said his character got eaten by a Panda in between films, so...you might wanna change that.  
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2012 at 3:24pm
Fixed it. Anyone else got something coming out next year that they think will be a contender?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2012 at 5:48pm
Found this trailer which might piss some people off. It is probablly going to split the forums in some way. Here it is.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2012 at 12:55pm
I went to the movies and saw THE HOBBIT. The "normal" version, so I can't say if 48 f.p.s. is "the future" or not. I thought it was... decent.  

My dad started to feel tired (he'd gone cycling before). That, plus the slow beginning, almost made him fall asleep, so he left the theater. When wanted to come back, he'd forgotten his ticket. I told him about all the movie's flaws, and he seemed calmed. But then he was shocked when I told him that FRODO didn't appear after his cameo at the beginning. He was like, "What?! That was it?!"
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2012 at 10:38pm
To Vits: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey has lost the race for the Top 40 Films of 2012. Due to the mediocre review average, it's only going to be an Honorable Mention. Your opinion is right on par with the critical consensus.

To oiram: I already knew a little about Brony culture by the time that trailer came around. In fact, it's been at least 11 months. One of my friends from High School told me about the college-aged male fanbase for Friendship is Magic 11 months ago. If you ask me, that show just comes off as targeting girls of about 6, so there's no way I'd ever watch it. Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart, and Pixar animation are about as child-friendly as I'll go. But I still need to make myself clear: I'd take Friendship is Magic over The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure or any Jim Henson puppet show any day. Henson's puppets and the Oogieloves are made of foam, fur, and fleece designed for children of about age 1, a bit younger than MLP's demographic. And while Bronyism probably has a perfectly viable purpose to serve in West Virginia, Kentucky, and Tennessee, it won't get young men very far where I live.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2012 at 7:57am
OK, so some of you told me that you do want to participate on the Vits Awards, but haven't sent me your picks yet -- Maybe to wait and see the Oscar contenders that are still in theatres?Sorry to pressure you, but my ballots must close tomorrow... 

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2012 at 8:23am
Vits, could you hold on for a few more days...please, I beg of you!  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2012 at 10:29am
Let me guess: you wanna watch DJANGO UNCHAINED. I get, since it already has a concensus, with critics saying that it's the first Tarantino movie that could be compared to PULP FICTION since... well, PULP FICTION.

Truth be told, I could wait for you 1 or 2 days. Since 90% of "the jury members"* gave me their picks right after I asked them, there's less hurry. But there still is, because I needed to watch DREDD, FRANKENWEENIE, WRECK-IT RALPH, A DANGEROUS METHOD, HOUSE AT THE END OF THE STREET (that's more for the Razzies than my awards) and PREMIUM RUSH
before the deadline, and I don't think I can see them all.

*Thanks to social networking, a couple of celebrities (I won't reveal who just yet) are now on board.

Edit: And of course Oiram sent me his picks while I was writing this, because fate is a bitch.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2012 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Vits

Let me guess: you wanna watch DJANGO UNCHAINED. I get, since it already has a concensus, with critics saying that it's the first Tarantino movie that could be compared to PULP FICTION since... well, PULP FICTION.
I said that based on the R.T. rating only, because no Tarantino movie since PF has gotten over 89%. DU started with 90%, but it's been going down.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2012 at 7:30am
Final update! My nominee choices are bolded, and my predicted "winners" have asterisks: 

WORST PICTURE 

Atlas Shrugged: Part II 

*Battleship  

The Devil Inside  

The Expendables 2  

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Madea's Witness Protection

The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure

One for the Money

That's My Boy

A Thousand Words

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

Wrath of the Titans

WORST DIRECTOR

Sean Anders/That's My Boy

William Brent Bell/The Devil Inside

*Peter Berg/Battleship

Bill Condon/The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

Matthew Diamond/The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure

Johnathan Liebesman/Wrath of the Titans

Neveldine/Taylor/Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Tyler Perry/Good Deeds and Madea's Witness Protection

John Puck/Atlas Shugged: Part II

Brian Robbins/A Thousand Words

Julie Anne Robinson/One for the Money

Andrew Stanton/John Carter

Simon West/The Expendables 2 and Stolen

WORST ACTOR

Gerard Butler/Chasing Mavericks and Playing for Keeps

Nicolas Cage/Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, Seeking Justice, and Stolen

Billy Crystal/Parental Guidance

Colin Farrell/Total Recall

Taylor Kitsch/Battleship, John Carter, and Savages

Taylor Lautner/The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

Eddie Murphy/A Thousand Words

Liam Neeson/Taken 2

Robert Pattinson/Bel Ami and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

Tyler Perry/Alex Cross and Good Deeds

Seth Rogan/The Guilt Trip

*Adam Sandler/Hotel Transylvania and That's My Boy

Sylvester Stallone/The Expendables 2

Benjamin Walker/Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Sam Worthington/Man on a Ledge and Wrath of the Titans

WORST ACTRESS

Kate Beckinsale/Contraband, Total Recall, and Underworld: Awakening

Jessica Biel/Playing for Keeps and Total Recall

*Katherine Heigl/One for the Money

Kate Hudson/A Little Bit of Heaven

Milla Jovovich/Resident Evil: Retribution

Diane Keaton/Darling Companion

Jennifer Lawrence/House at the End of the Street

Samantha Mathis/Atlas Shrugged Part II

Bette Midler/Parental Guidance

Tyler Perry as Madea/Madea's Witness Protection

Amanda Seyfried/Gone

Kristen Stewart/Snow White and the Huntsman and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

Barbra Streisand (Oh-Weh-Oh-WH-Oh Oh-Weh-Oh Oh-Weh-Oh (Sorry, I had to))/The Guilt Trip

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Gary Busey/Piranha 3DD

Idris Elba/Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Ralph Fiennes/Wrath of the Titans

Matthew Fox/Alex Cross

David Hasselhoff/Piranha 3DD

Ciarán Hinds/Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance and John Carter

Eugene Levy/American Reunion and Madea's Witness Protection

*Liam Neeson/Battleship and Wrath of the Titans

Jason O’Mara/One for the Money

Arnold Schwarzenegger/The Expendables 2

Alexander Skarsgĺrd/Battleship

Daniel Sunjata/Gone and One for the Money

Nick Swardson/That's My Boy

Jean-Claude Van Damme/The Expendables 2

Milo Ventimiglia/That's My Boy

Bruce Willis/The Cold Light of Day and The Expendables 2

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Elizabeth Banks/Man on a Ledge and What to Expect When You're Expecting

Larry David/The Three Stooges

Brooklyn Decker/Battleship and What to Expect When You're Expecting

Jennifer Lopez/What to Expect When You're Expecting

Leighton Meester/That's My Boy

Rosamund Pike/Wrath of the Titans

Debbie Reynolds/One for the Money

*Rihanna/Battleship

Susan Sarandon/That's My Boy

Sofia Vergara/The Three Stooges

Kerry Washington/A Thousand Words

Sigourney Weaver/The Cold Light of Day, Red Lights, and Vamps

Dianne Wiest/Darling Companion and The Odd Life of Timothy Green

Mary Elizabeth Winstead/Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

WORST SCREENPLAY

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

*Battleship

The Devil Inside

The Expendables 2

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

John Carter

The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure

One for the Money

That's My Boy

A Thousand Words

What to Expect When You’re Expecting

Wrath of the Titans

WORST SCREEN COUPLE

*Any combination of any Jersey Shore cast member/The Three Stooges

Any combination of any two juiced up, testosterone filled, ego-inflated, 60-to-80-year-old "action actors"/The Expendables 2

Nicolas Cage and his Demon Motorcycle/Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Billy Crystal and Bette Midler/Parental Guidance

Katherine Heigl and either Jason O’Mara, Daniel Sunjata or her high heels/One for the Money

Taylor Kitsch and either Lynn Collins/John Carter, Brooklyn Decker/Battleship, or Blake Lively/Savages

Eddie Murphy and anyone annoyed by or over-reacting to his miming/A Thousand Words

Tyler Perry as Madea and either Tyler Perry as Brian or Tyler Perry as Joe/Madea's Witness Protection

Seth Rogan and Barbra Streisand/The Guilt Trip

Adam Sandler and Andy Samberg/That's My Boy

Kristen Stewart and either Taylor Lautner or Robert Pattinson/The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

Sam Worthington and either Elizabeth Banks/Man on a Ledge or Rosamund Pike/Wrath of the Titans

WORST SCREEN ENSEMBLE

Entire Cast of Atlas Shrugged: Part II

*Entire Cast of Battleship

Entire Cast of Darling Companion

Entire Cast of The Devil Inside

Entire Cast of The Expendables 2

Entire Cast of Madea's Witness Protection

Entire Cast of The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure

Entire Cast of That's My Boy

Entire Cast of A Thousand Words

Entire Cast of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

Entire Cast of What to Expect When You’re Expecting

Entire Cast of Wrath of the Titans

WORST REMAKE or RIP-OFF

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

*Battleship (Rip-off of Transformers)

The Devil Inside (Rip-off of The Last Exorcism)

John Carter (Rip-off of Avatar and Star Wars)

Madea's Witness Protection (Rip-off of Witless Protection and Witness)

One for the Money (Rip-off of The Bounty Hunter)

Red Dawn

The Three Stooges

Total Recall

What to Expect When You’re Expecting (Rip-off of The Back-up Plan and Bridesmaids)

WORST PREQUEL OR SEQUEL

The Expendables 2

*Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Piranha 3DD

Resident Evil: Retribution

Silent Hill Revelations 3D

Step Up Revolution

Taken 2

Underworld: Awakening

Wrath of the Titans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 105106107108109 113>