Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Forum Members' DISCUSSION of 2012 Releases List...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Here 'Tis...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 106107108109110 113>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here 'Tis...
    Posted: December 25 2012 at 9:54am
HeadRAZZ has already announced in the homepage about 2-time Oscar nominee Charles Durning's death. But he's not the only one. There's also Golden Globe winner Jack Klugman. R.I.P. for both.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2012 at 10:18am
That's gotta suck, when people die on Christmas Eve!

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2012 at 10:44am
By the way, I didn't want to say this out of respect for the deceased: Merry Christmas! It's hot as Hell down here!
This was my gift. What did you all get?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2012 at 5:42am
I got a camera to you use when skiing down hills, a toy helicopter that also can use a camera, a few movies, pictures of my dad's mom, a few bucks, and clothing. I think you can guess what kind of job I'm preparing myself for.

Also, found a trailer for Scary Movie 5, and my gosh, if that doesn't look like direct-to-DVD quality, I don't know what does. I'd actually rather  see A Haunted House because ar least that is trying to be a little bit clever and surprising (not to mention it looks like a theatrical movie and it is sticking to the target it is spoofing -- Paranormal Activity, of course, which this also attempts and really fails at doing). Black Swan, I guess I can see that. Inception and Madea, what? Also, yes, Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan are definitely in this movie, and who wants to bet that Lindsay was not told what she was screaming at? Only things I can say that are positive are that they got pretty good Leonardo DiCarprio and Madea lookalikes, and the last line in the trailer did make me chuckle. Other than that, how can it NOT BE a Razzie movie?

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2012 at 7:45am
1) There's not an actual "rule" that says that a [Genre] Movie has to spoof only movies of that genre. But it is expected, and they should know it by now. 

2) I swear I did think that was DiCaprio

3) I'm calling BS on Lohan. Are we really supposed to believe that at this point she doesn't know better than to bad mouth her own movie, specially when it's not even out yet? Maybe the conspiracy shown in 12x02 BRITNEY'S NEW LOOK was true, and Lohan knows it and he's fine with it.

Originally posted by oiram

Also, found a trailer for Scary Movie 5, and my gosh, if that doesn't look like direct-to-DVD quality, I don't know what does. I'd actually rather  see A Haunted House because a least that is trying to be a little bit clever and surprising (not to mention it looks like a theatrical movie and it is sticking to the target it is spoofing -- Paranormal Activity, of course). Black Swan, I guess I can see that. Inception and Madea, what? Also, yes, Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan are definitely in this movie, and who wants to bet that Lindsay was not told what she was screaming at? Only things I can say look good is that they got pretty good Leonardo DiCarprio and Madea lookalikes, and the last line in the trailer did make me chuckle. Other than that, how can it NOT BE a Razzie movie?

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2012 at 7:48am
OMIGOSH, LINDSAY LOHAN WAS A MAN THIS WHOLE TIME!!! I KNEW IT!!!

Also, I just noticed they used Beetlejuice music in the trailer. 

Originally posted by Vits

3) I'm calling BS on Lohan. Are we really supposed to believe that at this point she doesn't know better than to bad mouth her own movie, specially when it's not even out yet? Maybe the conspiracy shown in 12x02 BRITNEY'S NEW LOOK was true, and Lohan knows it and he's fine with it.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2012 at 1:32pm
I watched Django Unchained today. It goes into some pretty dark places, but it's one of the best movies of the year. Grade: A+

Also, HeadRazz, did I successfully re-up my Razzie membership? I did it during the summer and, because I saw the Worst Remake, Rip-off, or Sequel poll at Rotten Tomatoes, I was concerned that I may have messed it up.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2012 at 2:13pm
I just found the Rotten Tomatoes' collaborative poll for Worst Remake, Rip-off, or Sequel.

I voted for these, because besides being worse films than three of the other recommendees, I believe they have better odds of making the final cut:

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Red Dawn [remake]
Total Recall [remake]
Madea's Witness Protection
Wrath of the Titans

I did not vote for these, simply out of fear of throwing my vote away:
Atlas Shrugged Part II
Piranha 3DD
Resident Evil: Retribution
Silent Hill: Revelation 3D
Underworld: Awakening

All I can do is hope that my votes can beat these three for Worst RR||S:
Step Up Revolution //I believe that my votes can make short work of this one, because so few people remember it, let alone thought it was worse than Step Up 1.
The Three Stooges //I know it was about 1/2 century in the making, but this got average reviews, and I doubt most of us seemed to mind it, so I'm not worried about this one either.
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 //This is the kicker. I imagine everyone's going to vote for this one, either because everybody knows the Twilight Saga's name, or to spite Kristen Stewart. The real challenge is beating this one.

PS: The symbol "||" means "or" in C++ when used in if-then-else-if statements. Not to be confused with the "//", which are diagonal and serve as the short-term comment operator.
PPS: I still haven't received the email for the link to the rest of the ballots. (They're all online this year, sorry if that was meant as a surprise!) Has anyone else gotten it yet? If no-one else has either, then are they still yet to come?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2012 at 5:42pm
Hey, when are the ballots coming out?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: This year's RAZZIE® Nominating Ballots are being voted online, and we are expecting to have instructional e-mails on their way to all current (and lapsed) Voting Members by mid-day PST tomorrow (Thursday, Dec. 27) so check your In-Boxes then (The return address should read "RAZZIES / Ballot master"). The ballot will remain open to members until 11:59pm/PST on Saturday, January 5 (thus allowing a 10-day voting window). The actual nominations are then set to be unveiled by Press Release the morning of Wednesday, January 9th...  

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2012 at 8:49pm
I saw the shortlist for the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film and I'm kind of surprised that France submitted "The Intouchables" instead of "Holy Motors".  Austria's "Amour" is the favorite to win, but Palme d'Or recipients haven't been doing well at the Oscars recently:

2008: The Class (France) lost Best Foreign Language Film to Departures (Japan)
2009: The White Ribbon (Germany) lost Best Foreign Language Film to El Secreto de sus Ojos (Argentina) and lost Achievement in Cinematography to Avatar
2010: Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives (Thailand) wasn't nominated for Best Foreign Language Film
2011: The Tree of Life was nominated for three Oscars and lost all of them (2 to The Artist, 1 to Hugo)

It would be a huge mistake to deny "Amour" this honor.  It could also be considered for something bigger.

I also saw the Razzie poll on Rotten Tomatoes for Worst Remake, Ripoff, or Sequel.  Here are the ones that I think should get nominated (there are more than five):

Atlas Shrugged: Part II - Lowest Tomatometer Rating (5%)
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance - Delayed sequel
Piranha 3DD - First movie: 72%, Second movie: 13%
Red Dawn - Delayed remake
Silent Hill Revelation 3D - Lowest Metascore (15%)
Total Recall - Original: 84%, Remake: 30%
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 - Recent
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2012 at 8:37am
THE INTOUCHABLES happens to be one of the new releases here, along with WRECK-IT RALPH. What should I do?  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

I saw the shortlist for the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film and I'm kind of surprised that France submitted "The Intouchables" instead of "Holy Motors".

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2012 at 12:13pm

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2012 at 3:44pm
Intouchables was very mediocre... It really doesn't live up to it's hype....
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2012 at 5:31pm
The five 2012 movies I hated the most are all over the Nominating Ballot. YES!!!!!!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Glad to see we have a least one member who's "Berry Happy" with this year's choices! As indicated by the above post, our 33rd Annual RAZZIE® Nominating Ballots (well, instructions on how to vote 'em, anyway!) went out today. If you are a current (or recently lapsed) Voting Member and did not receive the e-mail, please feel free to contact me via this Forum's Private Messenger system, and we'll see if we can figure out what the problem is...

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2012 at 6:28pm
This year I'll be voting for the first time. As soon as I'm done with the Vits Awards, I'll watch some of the movies on the ballots that I didn't see because they weren't released this year here in Chile. My priorities are the ones that are listed for Worst Picture (mainly 1000 WORDS).

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2012 at 10:47pm
Except for John Carter for Worst Picture, HeadRAZZ really set up a good suspenseful list of "recommendees" this year. Most of my votes were based on what had the best odds of beating Carter and Twilight: Breaking Dawn 2 for the final cut.  

I counted 8 films that got recommended despite not being the subject of official RAZZIE Forum discussions, but Tyler Perry's Good Deeds, A Little Bit of Heaven, and to some extent American Reunion did have Member Started (sub)Forums here. 4 of the other 5 that caught my eye for this reason were:

Casa De Mi Padre
Red Lights
Snow White and the Huntsman
Vamps

Those last 4 didn't even have unofficial forums here, so how did those make the recommendations list anyway? (The only one I have any idea on is Huntsman, and that was to spite Kristen Stewart.)

UPDATE: Within the first 1/4 hour since the clock struck 0:00, something about the Worst Couple dawned on me. I was one of TWO people campaigning to have that category retired. The other one was BurnHollywoodBurn, and he left the forums a long time ago. 8 hours after casting my nominations ballot, I've accepted that Worst Couple is here to stay. The RAZZIES are gonna do what they're gonna do, and there's less I can do about couples than I thought. And while I'd prefer that Worst Couple be retired so that one more connection to MTV can be severed, I've accepted to just go with the flow and start a new, easier-to-accomplish campaign. I'm going to request from time to time that Worst Couple be renamed instead of retired. For the Worst of 2013 RAZZIES, the category should be called "Worst Couple, Triple, Quartet, or Medley". 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 106107108109110 113>