Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Forum Members' DISCUSSION of 2012 Releases List...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Here 'Tis...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 113>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here 'Tis...
    Posted: January 02 2013 at 4:49pm
I was still kind of having a little bit of hope that The Great Gatsby might be good... But then I heard that Jay-Z is doing the score...

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/jay-z-composing-original-score-great-gatsby-71006
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2013 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

I am working on a RAZZIE® version of the one song from LE MIZ that most people seem to know, "I Dreamed a Dream"
Are you gonna use an actor to play Susan Boyle? Let me guess: the guy who played Julia Child 3 years ago.
Originally posted by Vheid

I was still kind of having a little bit of hope that The Great Gatsby might be good... But then I heard that Jay-Z is doing the score...
Because you don't like his music*? Or is it the idea of THE GREAT GATSBY having a rap score? Keep in mind that's how Baz Luhrmann modernizes old stories.

*I think WATCH THE THRONE (his collaboration with Kanye West) is the definition of a hit-or-miss album.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2013 at 6:05pm
Is there going to be a thread for Texas Chainsaw 3D, or is there not enough time?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: With all I've got going on this week and next, I figure we can wait 'till reviews are in to decide if TEXAS CHAINSAW 3-D deserves a full-on Forum of its own. The one person I know who has seen it said she actually thought it was "PRETTY GOOD" (also see GTAHater's posting below)...  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2013 at 7:33pm
There's probably going to be a forum for Texas Chainsaw 3D, but there are three major reasons why it won't happen before the film gets released, including:

1) HeadRAZZ still needs to get the forums situated for the new year, with a discussion forum for 2013's films, a complete list of eligible contenders, and a forum bracket for the Official Contenders of 2013. This will not happen until after the first batch of films gets released on Jnr. 4.

2) Texas Chainsaw 3D has not been pre-screened for critics. There are no reviews on any aggregate review websites, and there probably won't be until it opens a day and a half from now. Even if the reviews are promised to pan the film, we still need a better idea of just how bad it is from the critics' keyboards before the forum for Texas Chainsaw 3D goes up.

3) Much must be done to prepare for the 2012 RAZZIE Nominations. I imagine that because the ballots are due the very day after Texas Chainsaw 3D gets released, we'll have to wait until Friday-Sunday to get the forum.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2013 at 11:43pm
That wasn't the song I had in mind HeadRazz.  I was thinking of something along the lines of "One Day More".  Of course, I could use "One Day More" for the closing number of my Methane Movie Awards to lead into the Razzies.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2013 at 6:25am
2 years ago, Nicolás López* (the Chilean Kevin Smith) made QUE PENA TU VIDA, about how it's like to go through a break-up in the social network era. It got negative reviews (I gave it a 6/10), saying that it was predictable and unfunny. Still, it was a box office hit. It led to the sequel QUE PENA TU BODA, where the lead character gets married. I haven't seen it yet, and I don't know about its reviews. Now he made the final movie: QUE PENA TU FAMILIA, where the lead character's marriage (with children) could end. It's a landmark. Not just for being the first Chilean movie trilogy, but also one of the very very few Rom-Com trilogies**. That's the new release here, and so is LIFE OF PI. What should I do?

*He's got 2 movies in production. One with Eli Roth, and one with the Weinstein bros!
**Can you name others, aside from the FOCKERS movies?
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

That wasn't the song I had in mind HeadRazz.  I was thinking of something along the lines of "One Day More".  Of course, I could use "One Day More" for the closing number of my Methane Movie Awards to lead into the Razzies.
Isn't that the medley? That would be even harder to parody, because you'll have a bunch people singing funny things at the same times, and the audience may not hear all of them.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2013 at 6:32am
Reviews on Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3-D, eh? How about this one?  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2013 at 8:53am
Vits, Life Of Pi was really good. In fact, I'd actually recommend seeing it in 3-D.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2013 at 10:19am
To be honest, I personally don't like hip hop as music (with some exceptions)... But my big problem is that it really doesn't fit the time period and tone of Gatsby -- It feels as if they are trying to force an MTV/Music Video sound and style onto the twenties....

Originally posted by Vits

Because you don't like his music*? Or is it the idea of THE GREAT GATSBY having a rap score? Keep in mind that's how Baz Luhrmann modernizes old stories.

*I think WATCH THE THRONE (his collaboration with Kanye West) is the definition of a hit-or-miss album.

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2013 at 11:48am
I had to copy & paste the link because the video didn't show up instantly. ScreenCrush (and some woman who talked to HeadRAZZ) have both given Texas Chainsaw 3D  positive reviews. But I'd expect Jahns is a sign of things to come, and here's why: Hoffman of ScreenCrush says it'll be perfectly satisfying for the more "perverted" or "immature" teenage boys who see it. But as we all know, their tastes in film are no good. Most of the critics will probably see through all the lean builds and realize that Texas Chainsaw 3D has none of the characteristics of a good film. Attractive bods are FAR from enough to automatically make a film good, contrary to what some college-age-and-under youth may say. I can't imagine anyone praising the acting and script, let alone after Jahns (who definitely looks younger than 30, perhaps even in his late teens because he has no extra baggage) criticized those. Here's to our final shot at having a RAZZIE contender right out of the gate. All I can do is hope the reviews that come in tomorrow morning revile this film!

As for the rest of January, the only film I'm sure will get panned by critics is Movie 43, an ensemble comedy I see as smashing records in cinematic scatology. I'm expecting 43 to get in the single digit percentiles of approval rating at Rotten T. Apart from that, I declare that all bets are off, and request that we put up forums for the Worst New Movies after they release for a while.

To Vheid: The least Jay-Z can do is break typecast and compose some new 192X-style score. I'd be apprehensive about anointing a rap artist to write a musical score for an adaptation of a classic novel too. Alas, I've long since given up hope for The Great Gatsby 2013 and I think, come this spring, it'll be one of ours. 

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2013 at 3:09pm
GTAHater, you're forgetting about A Haunted House, starring Marlon Wayans and Nick Swardson.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2013 at 3:15pm
With a couple of very busy months professionally and personally behind and the holiday season mercifully completed, it is good to hear that our nominating ballots are in the mail. I can now begin to plan a couple of day marathon, locking myself away and viewing all the nominated films and performances. I can only hope that after a year that featured the first two signficant health setbacks of my life, that I am actually still up to it LOL
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2013 at 3:19pm
I am also no fan of rap music, and the idea of using it to score The Great Gatsby is appalling. 

WHY WHY WHY would anyone think that is a good idea?  

I was still kind of having a little bit of hope that The Great Gatsby might be good... But then I heard that Jay-Z is doing the score...http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/jay-z-composing-original-score-great-gatsby-71006
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2013 at 5:56pm
Here are the nominees for the Producers Guild of America Awards:

And here is the nominating ballot for my Methane Movie Awards:
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2013 at 6:36pm
Dude...Andrew Breitbart died last year. Not cool!  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Here is the nominating ballot for my Methane Movie Awards:

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2013 at 6:51am
Another review that will hopefully convince HeadRazz to  give Texas Chainsaw 3-D a forum!

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As I explained in earlier post, it's not a matter of "convincing" me to give TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 3-D a Forum -- It's a matter of my not having the time to do so this week.  Between dealing with Nominating Ballots, prepping for RAZZIE Pre-Vue and fielding media inquiries, it feels like I've hardly had a spare moment since midnight, New Year's Eve. But one of our other Faithful Forum Members (cvcjr) has taken up the slack, and created a Member Started Forum on TCM 3-D -- Here's the LINK to join in that discussion...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 113>