Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Forum Members' DISCUSSION of 2012 Releases List...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Here 'Tis...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 113>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here 'Tis...
    Posted: February 22 2012 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

"The Lorax" is only the fourth Dr. Seuss book to be made into a feature film.  "Grinch" was so-so, "The Cat in the Hat" was bullfeathers, and "Horton Hears a Who" was impressive.
I'm aware of the number of previous efforts...Cat in the Hat was, indeed crap as was Grinch...calling it so so is wildy complimentary, and his surviving family wasn't happy at all with either effort.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2012 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Vits

No way. HARRY POTTER & THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PARTS 1 & 2 defeated ECLIPSE at the Teen Choice Awards. Since the MTV Movie Awards get a lot of votes from people in their '20s, I'm guessing PART 2 will defeat BREAKING DAWN PART 1.
And nobody that doesn't vote, or isn't involved with the production will give a flying crap. In other words, about 100 people on the planet give a hoot one way or another. Wink
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2012 at 7:21am
Spoilers ahead!

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2012 at 11:26am

Spoilers ahead!

With an added bonus from moi:

Driver (from 'Drive'): You've had it tough being snubbed, HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL?!
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2012 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Originally posted by oiram

Miguel, you forgot The Lorax. While I don't really think it is going to be worst film ever this year, HeadRazz tends to have a bias against films based on Suess' work, which might bump Project X away.

Whoa Nellie! I don't think Head Razz has had a particularly pronounced bias against the work of the good Dr, I just think it is a reflection of the fact that most of the films inspired by his work have been steaming piles. Horton Hears a Who was a notable exception that got preliminary discussion on this board, but even surviving members of the Geisel family have been pretty upset about the treatments Theodor's work has received at the hands of Hollywood scriptwriters and directors.
I didn't say HeadRazz hated Suess' works, just the films based on them.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2012 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie - Despite being in limited release, this movie reportedly produced numerous walkouts when it was screened at the Sundance Film Festival.  Also, when the makers of this movie attempt to get people to sign a pledge to see this movie and not see "The Lorax", you know that they're trying too hard and they will most likely fail miserably.

Miguel, I think that thing with The Lorax is less them being desperate and more them being Tim And Eric. If you watch an episode of their show on Adult Swim, this makes a lot of sense!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2012 at 7:19pm
I think we should keep an eye on THE LORAX just in case. While HORTON got positive reviews, it was still considered as unfaithful to the book as the other two movies.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2012 at 7:33pm
I understand how considering The Lorax for the RAZZIES is more about Dr. Seuss' family than anything else, but I sense a moral dilemma coming on if The Lorax exceeds 40% Tomatometer approval rating. My estimate puts it between 56%-58% approval. However, I don't remember Project X's director very well, so I say wait until March before targeting either film.

Oddly enough, Gone only has 1 negative review. I hope I don't sleep any worse knowing neither whether the reviews will be bad nor whether it'll get a forum if they do.

Between those two points in time, I'm speculating that Beastly and The Smurfs 3D for Neil Patrick Harris will be a Worst Supporting Actor runner-up. That BETTER happen, *** **** it!
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2012 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by oiram

I didn't say HeadRazz hated Suess' works, just the films based on them.
That was sufficiently evident. Thus far, two of the three films adapted from his work have been, as I noted earlier, steaming piles. That is certainly sufficient to raise a red flag on future efforts to adapt Dr. Seuss' work.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2012 at 10:54pm
I, for one, suspect The Lorax will be getting terrific reviews. Everyone is focusing on the fact that it's a Dr. Suess adaptation and not paying as much attention on the fact that the filmmakers of Despicable Me are behind the film. It looks like a whimsical film.
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2012 at 7:12am

Yes it's also animated!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2012 at 7:22am
I might be seeing Gone this weekend, so I call dibs on creating a member's forum when I see it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2012 at 10:46am

After watching this video, I kind of wish these 2 were the hosts. Anyone else?

There's more!

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2012 at 10:58am
I wanna hear you thoughts on these things:

1)What she says is right? I think it is.

2)Which of the people interviewed was your favorite? I can't decide.

3)How many of these movies did you see? And do you think this list defines whether someone is a cinephile or not? I saw 38, and I think if you didn't see at least half of them, you're not a cinephile.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2012 at 12:53pm
The movies on that video that I haven't seen are Puss In Boats, Hop, Chipwrecked, and the Bieber movie, so I've seen 92%.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2012 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

I might be seeing Gone this weekend, so I call dibs on creating a member's forum when I see it.

Then I get to score a 720-degree no-scope headshot on a forum for Act of Valor if you do one for Gone.
Also, Gone still has no R.T. rating but it has only 4 reviews (all negative). Looks like we're gonna have to guess this one.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 113>